PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhhh! Help! Carville & I agree on something

guzziguy
12/6/2007, 05:13 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3142434&categoryId=2564308&n8pe6c=2

Now I've got to reevaluate my whole life. Always before if Carville was talking I knew that whatever the subject I was on the other side.

SoonerFaninAZ
12/6/2007, 11:14 AM
Speaking of the officiating in the West Virginia-Pitt game, Carville says...

"I can't believe that ESPN and Sportscenter have not made a true outrage about this."

Hey, James, are you outraged at the fact that the voting coaches placed 79 additional points between your Tigers and the Sooners after Saturday's games?

Okieflyer
12/6/2007, 11:24 AM
This is how I know the Rapture is very close. :D

soonersn2007
12/6/2007, 11:25 AM
I think Carville's statement were dead on, I don't see him relishing about LSU getting in this year. In fact, it seems to have invigorated his frustration about the BCS.

Doged
12/6/2007, 11:40 AM
I don't always agree with him, but he is one funny dude and on this I agree with him completely.

"The only reason the Rose Bowl has USC and Illinois, a game no one wants to see, instead of USC and Georgia, a game everyone wants to see, is because playing in the Rose Bowl is the only way the Big 10 can make any money 'cause no one wants to see their stinkin' teams...."

That bit had people stopping by my desk to see what I was laughing about.

SoonerFaninAZ
12/6/2007, 11:54 AM
I think Carville's statement were dead on, I don't see him relishing about LSU getting in this year. In fact, it seems to have invigorated his frustration about the BCS.

LSU getting in doesn't have him frustrated at all. He said they deserved it.

His frustration is rooted in the rest of the matchups, the apparent referendum from the Big East to its officials to make sure the Mountaineers got into the title game, and of course, the lack of a playoff. In other words, the money grubbing college presidents.

MamaMia
12/6/2007, 12:04 PM
What about the touchdown OU made in the Tech game that Mr.Magoo up in the booth ruled against? That ruling was based on 1 piece of the 3 feeds available but not asked for. Our last 3 seasons have been seriously altered by blatant and incompetent officiating. That latest bad call prevented the game from going into OT. We will never know if that prevented us from playing for the championship.

There is way too much money at stake for this to be acceptable. We need to get rid of the political and self policing referees that keep those bias older men on the field and now, in the booth, and do away with the bias secretive coaches poll altogether.

TUSooner
12/6/2007, 12:23 PM
LSU getting in doesn't have him frustrated at all. He said they deserved it....

That's not fair to old Snake Head. He said he was happy for LSU, but that did not mean he was happy with the system that selected them. He also said, essentially, that he could not show UGa or OU or USC why they did NOT deserve it. He argued unequivocally for a playoff and against the BCS. Give him the small bit of credit he deserves.

AlabamaSooner
12/6/2007, 12:34 PM
That's not fair to old Snake Head. He said he was happy for LSU, but that did not mean he was happy with the system that selected them. He also said, essentially, that he could not show UGa or OU or USC why they did NOT deserve it. He argued unequivocally for a playoff and against the BCS. Give him the small bit of credit he deserves.

I agree totally. He looked at this objectively and did a good job of it. He made some great points and the comments about the Big 10 were hilarious. I feel exactly the same way he does. Had we gotten into the big game, I'd be happy, but it wouldn't change my mind about the system.

sooner59
12/6/2007, 12:39 PM
He was dead on. I agree as well.

Landthief 1972
12/6/2007, 01:01 PM
Tastes like poo in my mouth, but I agree with him as well.

Excuse me, I need to go wash myself now. [shudder] :)

The Maestro
12/6/2007, 01:20 PM
Well, I thought his best comment was that he thinks college football should be decided by...OF ALL THINGS...college football PLAYERS! Not president's, media, bowl reps or even coaches. Dead on analysis.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/6/2007, 01:42 PM
What about the touchdown OU made in the Tech game that Mr.Magoo up in the booth ruled against? That ruling was based on 1 piece of the 3 feeds available but not asked for. Our last 3 seasons have been seriously altered by blatant and incompetent officiating. That latest bad call prevented the game from going into OT. We will never know if that prevented us from playing for the championship.

There is way too much money at stake for this to be acceptable. We need to get rid of the political and self policing referees that keep those bias older men on the field and now, in the booth, and do away with the bias secretive coaches poll altogether.FOOTBALL POST OF THE YEAR!!!