PDA

View Full Version : A.D. Highlights

KingDavid
12/5/2007, 11:26 PM
Jaw-dropping moves in the highlight reel at NFL videos. It won't let me provide a direct link. You will need to go HERE (http://www.nfl.com/videos) and then click on the highlights tab. Then click on the video of the Lions-Vikings highlights from this past Sunday.

He makes a backer for Detroit look like a blind man without a guide dog. I didn't even check, but somebody please tell that it was not our beloved Teddy Lehman that he did that to.

KHS Sooner
12/5/2007, 11:28 PM
spek

sooner2b09
12/5/2007, 11:54 PM
Sick that is just sick

85sooners
12/5/2007, 11:56 PM
nice

IronSooner
12/6/2007, 12:29 AM
He makes a backer for Detroit look like a blind man without a guide dog. I didn't even check, but somebody please tell that it was not our beloved Teddy Lehman that he did that to.

Not Lehman. Not even an LB. It's Kenoy Kennedy, a SS. I didn't even know AD had moves like that. Nuts that he's still averaging 7 yards/carry in the NFL.

KingDavid
12/6/2007, 12:37 AM
Not Lehman. Not even an LB. It's Kenoy Kennedy, a SS. I didn't even know AD had moves like that. Nuts that he's still averaging 7 yards/carry in the NFL.

The talent has always been there; he just hasn't had the desire to develop it.

If A.D. decides to get just as excited about juking defenders to their knees as he does pile-driving them into the ground . . . he can and will break all the records.

Kinda gets me all misty-eyed to think about it.

OK2U
12/6/2007, 12:42 AM
He looks pertty damn good. He's been well-coached up there.
He looks more patient...following blockers, slowing down a little goin into the hole... shakin' and bakin'.
misty eyed indeed

Boarder
12/6/2007, 01:15 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d804b640e

There's the direct link

Breadburner
12/6/2007, 01:20 AM
I think he was holding back at OU........:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OK2LA
12/6/2007, 01:34 AM
The talent has always been there; he just hasn't had the desire to develop it.

A line from Dumb and Dumber comes to mind here.

"Just when I thought that you couldn't get any stupider, you go and do something like this." (or something like that)

SoonerLB
12/6/2007, 02:44 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/barn9/ADrookie.jpg

setem
12/6/2007, 04:39 AM
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

That move he dropped on Kenoy Kennedy was sick sick sick!!!

boomersooner28
12/6/2007, 05:29 PM
He must be having a frickin blast running behind that o-line. They destroy people. When AD gets in the secondary, it's over.

sooner59
12/6/2007, 07:07 PM
I think he was holding back at OU........:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think he is just on an NFL team with great blockers. He was never holding back. You could always see it in his eyes. He always competed. If he was going to hold out, he would not have played against Boise State. In college, teams just keyed on him. In the NFL, you can't stack 8 or 9 in the box or you will get burned for 6.

lilvato33
12/6/2007, 10:05 PM
i use to run like that back in the day....................WAY BACK!

Youngsooner
12/7/2007, 12:34 AM
wow... and to think... he coulda played another year with us...

jccouger
12/7/2007, 12:37 AM
i use to run like that back in the day....................WAY BACK!

And what NFL team did you play for?

Sooner_Bob
12/7/2007, 08:59 AM
Wow . . .

KingDavid
12/9/2007, 12:59 AM
A line from Dumb and Dumber comes to mind here.

"Just when I thought that you couldn't get any stupider, you go and do something like this." (or something like that)

I just deleted an expletive-laced rant that would have gotten me booted from the board. So I'll try to be my own editor here & simply point out what was obvious to everyone else:

1) Take a look at who started this thread. Clearly my intent could not have been to critique the best RB who has ever played college ball.

2) I was only saying that AD has always been more jacked up about destroying people than he has been about faking them out. A point you could also gather if you'd have bothered to read the rest of my post.

3) Did you pay attention to any of my other posts on the thread? Clearly I'm not a critic of AD.

Perhaps if you weren't absorbed in mind-numbing movies like dumb and dumber, I suppose you would have learned how to read. You may have even picked up the more subtle skill of observing your surroundings before you lash out with idiotic, assumptive conclusions both publicly (here) and privately (neg).

Next time, take a moment to ponder before you pounce. Take in the context of a situation before you jump to conclusions. And let me know when you think you're getting the hang of it. Until then, I'll try to take note of the threads where you're participating and spell everything out in big printed letters (would a crayola font help?).

For now, a line from Shakespeare comes to mind.

"Better to be thought the fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

RedstickSooner
12/9/2007, 08:08 AM
Burton, it was just a bad line. Obviously, from your other posts, you dig AD just as much as the rest of us. However, you can't really blame someone for taking, "The talent was there; he just hasn't had the desire to develop it." and not get some negative replies.

A lot of time, people don't bother looking at who posted something before replying (myself included).

AD proved in his freshman season that he's a once-in-a-generation back. He had some pesky injuries, which can happen to every great player (and has nothing to do with being injury prone), and because of that, he never got to shine with his full potential.

I, for one, am just thankful as hell that he fell in the draft to a team with a great blocking line. If he had gone #1 overall, as he should've, he would've also done alright (as the Raiders seem to be run blocking okay this year, aren't they?) but if he had gone to a team with a really horrible line, it wouldn't have been fair to him. Even the best runner in the league (and he IS the best runner in the league -- screw L.T.) can't do it alone.

I considered every moment he suited up and ran healthy as a Sooner to be a privilege to watch. I take great joy in his success as a Viking. I hope he can steer clear of the freak injuries which can take out *any* NFL player, so we can watch him have the sort of 10 year career that'll re-write all the record books.

He's the best. I cheer for him every time he suits up.

KingDavid
12/14/2007, 07:14 PM
Burton, it was just a bad line. Obviously, from your other posts, you dig AD just as much as the rest of us. However, you can't really blame someone for taking, "The talent was there; he just hasn't had the desire to develop it." and not get some negative replies.

A lot of time, people don't bother looking at who posted something before replying (myself included).

Point taken.

I shouldn't have lashed out like that, Okla2La. And just to demonstrate the sincerity of my apology, I've gone ahead and bought you a year-long package of online "reading-is-fun" tutorials to help you get up the steep learning curve ahead of you. Here are your log-in credentials:

web-site: www.hooked-on-phonics.com
user ID: Okla2La
password: RemedialIQ

Let the healing begin.