PDA

View Full Version : My Great Nephew

olevetonahill
12/5/2007, 10:14 PM
Is In Viet-Nam ,
I told him to look fer My class ring . Hes toured the tunnels and some of the hottest LZs we had so far

olevetonahill
12/6/2007, 01:19 AM
Guess No one cares Huh ?
Oh well

HskrGrl
12/6/2007, 01:33 AM
You lost your class ring in Vietnam?

HskrGrl
12/6/2007, 01:35 AM
Hes toured the tunnels and some of the hottest LZs we had so far

I didn't understand this part. What are LZ's? :O

olevetonahill
12/6/2007, 01:35 AM
You lost your class ring in Vietnam?
Long story long ago :cool:

HskrGrl
12/6/2007, 01:36 AM
You didn't loose it where I think you did.

Did ya?

olevetonahill
12/6/2007, 01:37 AM
I didn't understand this part. What are LZ's? :O
Landing zones
Hot means your gettin the shat shot out of ya as the Choppers are trying to put us in .

SoonerTerry
12/6/2007, 01:38 AM
Would you ever go back?

olevetonahill
12/6/2007, 01:41 AM
Would you ever go back?

No , maybe , I doubt it:confused:

critical_phil
12/6/2007, 01:47 AM
Landing zones
Hot means your gettin the shat shot out of ya as the Choppers are trying to put us in .
sounds like my time in the service.

one time it was really hot outside and i caught a flight back to the boat on the mail chopper. the postal clerk gave us a mail bag so we could smuggle booze on board.

so i know exactly what you're talking about.

the end.

Ike
12/6/2007, 01:55 AM
I heard a dealio on the radio not too long ago about a guy who lost his class ring during a firefight in the German countryside in WWII. A year or two ago, some old German dude who had taken up residence near that battlefield came across this guys ring. He contacted the school, and through the school was able to return the ring to the dudes son.

It was a pretty cool story.

critical_phil
12/6/2007, 02:05 AM
I heard a dealio on the radio not too long ago about a guy who lost his class ring during a firefight in the German countryside in WWII. A year or two ago, some old German dude who had taken up residence near that battlefield came across this guys ring. He contacted the school, and through the school was able to return the ring to the dudes son.

It was a pretty cool story.

i actually tried to track down a german POW from WWII.

my family is from alabammer, and there was a POW camp outside of the town where they're from. my grandmother bought some artwork from one of the prisoners and i ended up with it when my parents moved back down south.

i'd actually like to establish contact with some of his family. i really didn't find much info on the web. it'd probably be helpful if i spoke german...

olevetonahill
12/6/2007, 03:02 PM
sounds like my time in the service.

one time it was really hot outside and i caught a flight back to the boat on the mail chopper. the postal clerk gave us a mail bag so we could smuggle booze on board.

so i know exactly what you're talking about.

the end.
Well did ya make it on board with the booze ?

The Ghost of Joe Morrison
12/6/2007, 03:07 PM
Why's he in Nam?

How many men in black pajamas did you kill?

soonerbrat
12/6/2007, 03:10 PM
I care OV.

critical_phil
12/6/2007, 03:19 PM
Well did ya make it on board with the booze ?

hellz yeah i did. about a dozen bottles of 151.

Partial Qualifier
12/6/2007, 03:21 PM
there was a POW camp outside of the town where they're from. my grandmother bought some artwork from one of the prisoners and i ended up with it when my parents moved back down south.

i'd actually like to establish contact with some of his family. i really didn't find much info on the web. it'd probably be helpful if i spoke german...

that's interesting.

heck, post his name. maybe he's a lurker ;)

olevetonahill
12/6/2007, 03:25 PM
hellz yeah i did. about a dozen bottles of 151.

There ya go Mission accomplished . :D
Ghost yer anass .
Brat thanks
Nephew is there on a tour, I think he has a rich Gfriend , :D