PDA

View Full Version : Is this list reliable??

Sooner in Tampa
12/5/2007, 09:52 PM
I got this off of a pro football fan site. The dude that posted it is usually pretty accurate in his info...so is right about these Sooners?

This would hurt.

Here's a list of players that we can confirm have filed papers seeking the advice of the committee:
Arkansas RB Darren McFadden
Boise State OT Ryan Clady
California WR DeSean Jackson
Central Florida RB Kevin Smith
Clemson RB James Davis
Florida TE Cornelius Ingram
Florida DE Derrick Harvey
FSU LB Geno Hayes
Illinois RB Rashad Mendenhall
Indiana WR James Hardy
Kansas CB Aqib Talib
LSU DT Marlon Favorite
Miami (FL) DE Calais Campbell
Miami (FL) S Kenny Phillips
Michigan WR Mario Manningham
Mississippi OT Michael Oher
Ohio State OT Alex Boone
Ohio State DE Vhernon Gholston
Ohio State LB James Lauranitis
Ohio State CB Malcolm Jenkins
Oklahoma WR Malcolm Kelly
Oklahoma OG Duke Robinson
Oklahoma LB Curtis Lofton
Oklahoma CB Reggie Smith
Oregon RB Jonathan Stewart
Penn State CB Justin King
Rutgers RB Ray Rice
Texas A&M TE Martellus Bennett
Vanderbilt WR Earl Bennett
Virginia Tech CB Brandon Flowers
Virginia Tech CB Victor Harris
West Virginia RB Steve Slaton
Wisconsin TE Travis Beckum
Wisconsin CB Jack Ikewguono

OUHOMER
12/5/2007, 10:00 PM
I heard Kelly and Smith might go, First i heard about Robinson and Lofton. That Would suck.. I think Al was talking about it the other night

KHS Sooner
12/5/2007, 10:07 PM
That would hurt like a mother ******

I go to school with Loftons two brothers and I just don't think he will go.

OklahomaTuba
12/5/2007, 10:08 PM
I sure hope Lofton doesn't leave!!

KingDavid
12/5/2007, 10:13 PM
Yes, that list is correct.

I don't think Lofton or Robinson will go. But then, I never would have predicted Jackson to dart either.

Given the way the season ended and the potential next year, I honestly have to wonder if Kelly & Smith might decide to hang around, too.

Likelihood to leave for the draft, IMHO:

1. Kelly
2. Smith
3. Robinson
4. Lofton

KHS Sooner
12/5/2007, 10:15 PM
I say:

Kelly: 90%
Smith:50%
Robinson:30%
Lofton:1%

KingDavid
12/5/2007, 10:42 PM
I say:

Kelly: 90%
Smith:50%
Robinson:30%
Lofton:1%

Kelly - 90%
Smith - 60%
Robinson - 30%
Lofton - 15% and climbing.

Seamus
12/5/2007, 10:44 PM
Did you vet those percentages through Deano?

Curly Bill
12/5/2007, 10:48 PM
Here's my two cents:

Kelly - 90%
Smith - 40%
Robinson - 25%
Lofton - 5%

...and remember all they're doing here is seeing where they might fit into the draft. Even if they aren't especially serious about coming out it allows them to gauge their standing in comparison to others.

OUGuf
12/5/2007, 11:58 PM
Here's my two cents:

Kelly - 90%
Smith - 40%
Robinson - 25%
Lofton - 5%

...and remember all they're doing here is seeing where they might fit into the draft. Even if they aren't especially serious about coming out it allows them to gage their standing in comparison to others.

Kelly - 90%Pro 40%Stay
Smith - 60% Pro 80% stay 30% undecided
Robinson 32% Pro 55% stay 92% undecided
Lofton - 64.2% Pro 99.2% stay

OUMonster
12/6/2007, 12:02 AM
Kelly - 90%Pro 40%Stay

:confused:

KingDavid
12/6/2007, 12:10 AM
Kelly - 90%Pro 40%Stay

Above: How a moderately entertaining thread degenerates into sheer worthlessness.

It's all downhill from here.

OUGuf
12/6/2007, 12:12 AM
Above: How a moderately entertaining thread degenerates into sheer worthlessness.

It's all downhill from here.

Are you doubting Dean Blevins math?

Charla
12/6/2007, 12:15 AM
Curtis Lofton is a great linebacker and I hope he stays, but before him we had one named Rufus Alexander before that we had one named Teddy Lehman before that we had one named Rocky Calmus. There are more great players just chomping at the bit to show why they Got OU stamped on the side of their hat. God it's great to be a Sooner !!!!!!!

Big Red Ron
12/6/2007, 12:17 AM
I just come from the school of thought that you come back unless you are guaranteed to be a first round maybe even top 20 pick. I know a guy (not going to name drop) that really wishes he would have stayed for his Senior year and if Wilkerson (not who I mentioned above) wasn't in such a desperate situation could have made a lot more money if he would have stayed longer. Thank god it worked out for him and he didn't get injured while making 6th round money.

Anyway...this year or next year these guys will get paid.

Charla
12/6/2007, 12:17 AM
Kelly - 90%Pro 40%Stay
These must be BCS figures

usmc-sooner
12/6/2007, 12:18 AM
MK is the only one who doesn't have much to benefit from coming back. Loadholdt and Duke would get drafted although I don't know how high. Can't say that Smith or Harris have shown first round draft potential yet.

Charla
12/6/2007, 12:20 AM
I just come from the school of hought that you come back unless you are garunteed to be a first round maybe even top 20 pick. I know a guy (not going to name drop) that really wishes he would have stayed for his Senior year and if Wilkerson (not who I mentioned above) wasn't in such a desperate situation could have made a lot more money if he would have stayed longer. Thank god it worked out for him and he didn't get injured while making 6th round money.

Anyway...this year or next year these guys will get paid.
Maybe even stick around to work on a little spelling that Sr. year.

Curly Bill
12/6/2007, 12:20 AM
MK is the only one who doesn't have much to benefit from coming back.

Yep, I would agree with this, and ultimately I think this is what we'll see.

OUGuf
12/6/2007, 12:21 AM
If anyone leaves it will be Kelly, although I hope he stays another year.
He had some off games early in the season, and a strong showing with a healthy OU team would do wonders for his stock as long as OU plays as well as I think they will next year.
I personally can't wait to see how Bradford does after maturing this year. He is already a stud so I can only imagine how well he will be playing this time next year.

KingDavid
12/6/2007, 12:23 AM
Are you doubting Dean Blevins math?

heh.

Forgive me, Dean.

KingDavid
12/6/2007, 12:27 AM
If Kelly decides to stay, all will stay, guaranteed.

If Kelly decides to go, Smith might follow . . . but I don't think so.

Like with Wilkerson, financial circumstances could dictate things in ways that we cannot predict for any of them, even if they would be late round picks like Jimmy was (unfortunately).

Big Red Ron
12/6/2007, 12:42 AM
Maybe even stick around to work on a little spelling that Sr. year.Or remember to hit spell check after typing a paragraph, while talking to my wife about a completely unrelated topic and watching the news. Oh yea, with an RFP open in word that needs to be finished by tomorrow morning.

Sheesh, lippy noobs. :rolleyes:

SoonerTerry
12/6/2007, 08:27 AM
Or remember to hit spell check after typing a paragraph, while talking to my wife about a completely unrelated topic and watching the news. Oh yea, with an RFP open that needs to be finished by tomorrow morning.

Sheesh, lippy noobs. :rolleyes:

Really fickle prostitute?:confused:

OUinFLA
12/6/2007, 08:34 AM
did someone say nipply b00bs?

DrZaius
12/6/2007, 08:40 AM
I think that is all prelim stuff that a lot of players probably do. I hindsight most of the early inquiries are just a way to measure their stock with the NFL. Most do not leave early. Some do of course but usually only if they are projected mid to high 1st round which MK could.

Desert Sapper
12/6/2007, 09:23 AM
From what all the draftnik 'experts' are saying, all of them have the potential to be 1st round picks. From what I have seen this year, all of them would benefit from returning. That being said, I think Malcolm and maybe Duke leave. Duke was an All-American this year and some are saying he would be the first Guard taken in the draft.

My take is that the NFL draft is so hit or miss, it would be foolish to leave before your senior year unless you have a really compelling reason.

Big Red Ron
12/6/2007, 11:45 AM
Really fickle prostitute?:confused:Request for Proposal.

Sooner in Tampa
12/6/2007, 12:56 PM
did someone say nipply b00bs?
One track mind :D

Seamus
12/6/2007, 03:02 PM
Request for Proposal.

Is that how one negotiates with a really fickle prostitute? ;)

stoopified
12/6/2007, 03:26 PM
I'm not going to worry about it because there is nothing I can do to affect the situattion.I trust that OUr coaches will do a god job regardless of early depatures,transfers,or recruiting losses.It is up to the ccoaches to coach,players to play and me to cheer.

soonerlaw
12/6/2007, 04:22 PM
MK would be a big loss. Its the year of the receiver though, but I don't know where he stacks up with the other WR in the draft.

Its an unpredictable situation.. AD should have left as soon as he could, because he is a man-beast; but Demond Parker staying one year would have made him a lot more money. Leinart lost millions by staying,

TXBOOMER
12/6/2007, 08:26 PM
Curtis Lofton is a great linebacker and I hope he stays, but before him we had one named Rufus Alexander before that we had one named Teddy Lehman before that we had one named Rocky Calmus. There are more great players just chomping at the bit to show why they Got OU stamped on the side of their hat. God it's great to be a Sooner !!!!!!!

Lofton was as good as Rocky ever was this year. Rufus wasn't in their league. I truly believe Lofton may be as good or even better than Boz by next year. Lofton is special. I hope he stays.

TXBOOMER
12/6/2007, 08:28 PM
Lofton was as good as Rocky ever was this year. Rufus wasn't in their league. I truly believe Lofton may be as good or even better than Boz by next year. Lofton is special. I hope he stays.

P.S. MK and DR are gone. IMHO!

Jewstin
12/6/2007, 08:45 PM
I guarantee none of them will go. Book it.

This team is hungry and wants a national championship, and they're going to go get #8 next year and watch their stock skyrocket.

:D Boomer freakin' Sooner.

TMcGee86
12/6/2007, 10:00 PM
Man, up until now I have been ****ed that Lofton was not getting enough recognition for post season awards.

Now I am happy.

Hopefully he stays underapreciated long enough to convince him to stay.