PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Athletic Club confirms 2007 ...

cvsooner
12/5/2007, 08:08 PM
Heisman Trophy candidates invited to New York are Tebow, McFadden, Brennan and Daniel.

www.stiffarmtrophy.com is predicting the bronze statue will go to Tebow. They've been right five out of five years. They finish in that order, by the way, and Daniel is a very distant fourth.

Leroy Lizard
12/5/2007, 08:20 PM
Tebow deserves it. He is the best player in the country.

Youngsooner
12/5/2007, 08:26 PM
Think Daniel will throw a fit like he did at the game when he doesnt win it?

badger
12/5/2007, 08:29 PM
I hope he at least has a priceless look like Vince Young did... one that would look good on a farked SI cover :D

KHS Sooner
12/5/2007, 08:31 PM
He did not throw one touchdown pass against us......so why is he even invited?

Newbomb Turk
12/5/2007, 08:32 PM
Tebow's numbers are hard to ignore, but I think McFadden deserves it.

badger
12/5/2007, 08:36 PM
Tebow's numbers are hard to ignore, but I think McFadden deserves it.
Heisman winners are traditionalist. Some voters won't vote for underclassmen, some won't vote for black players (yes, this is true).

So that means... those few will vote for Hawaii boy or Boogerman. That's why they're invited - they are the traditional choices :rolleyes:

IronSooner
12/5/2007, 09:31 PM
McFadden and Tebow are the two best players. Brennan's there for setting NCAA records. Daniel's there to add suspense and round up the group.

SoonerBOI
12/5/2007, 09:35 PM
Chase Daniel was invited to be a decoration on the set.:D

Tebow wins it though.

OU-HSV
12/5/2007, 10:00 PM
Nah, he'll probably pick his nose and attempt to wipe the booger on the trophy when Tebow's not looking.

TripleOption14
12/5/2007, 10:06 PM
He did not throw one touchdown pass against us......so why is he even invited?

Quite simply because there was no one else to invite. The only real "big" name guy thats invited this year is McFadden and even he didn't come on until late. Being a Soph. will hurt Tebow even though it shouldn't.

LSUdeek
12/5/2007, 10:08 PM
I think DMac should get it. LSU didn't stop him in 3 seasons. I think Bo was too busy talking to Osborne on the phone this year to develop a game plan though.

OU-HSV
12/5/2007, 10:10 PM
Maybe I've got my Crimson goggles on...but I still think Sam deserved an invite.

illinisooner
12/6/2007, 12:27 AM
Kevin Smith has over 2,400 rushing yards for UCF and he was not invited? Yeah he had 415 carries, yeah he plays in C-USA...but 2,400 yards rushing? That's as impressive as any of these other guys stats; the kid at least deserves an invite. And he's only a junior.

OUGuf
12/6/2007, 12:44 AM
Nah, he'll probably pick his nose and attempt to wipe the booger on the trophy when Tebow's not looking.

He wont do that, it is a waist of a perfectly good booger.

I think Tebow should get it. Hell he even has more rushing TDs than McFadden.
29 passing, and 22 rushing are crazy numbers.

Big Red Ron
12/6/2007, 12:49 AM
It's gotta be Tebow. Mcfad gas been held in check by team throughout his career. Of course non of these guys would be in the conversation if AD would have returned for his SR year.

GottaHavePride
12/6/2007, 01:14 AM
Dennis Dixon should get it. Oregon absolutely tanked without him - lost 3 in a row. He was clearly the player most valuable to his team in the NCAA this year.

Well, him and Sam.

Big Red Ron
12/6/2007, 01:16 AM
Dennis Dixon should get it. Oregon absolutely tanked without him - lost 3 in a row. He was clearly the player most valuable to his team in the NCAA this year.

Well, him and Sam.i have to agree.

SoonerLB
12/6/2007, 02:17 AM
The Heisman has become more of a joke than an award to the best football player in America, and the fact that Booger Daniel will be on that stage proves it! What a fiasco! :(

Crucifax Autumn
12/6/2007, 02:27 AM
The Heisman has become more of a joke than an award to the best COLLEGE football player in America, and the fact that Booger Daniel will be on that stage proves it! What a fiasco!

This is where my issue with the Heisman arises most years...They don't seem to care who the best NCAA player is, they vote based on who's likely to be a badass in the pros. Obviously if they pick Tebow after dissing AD last year I'll have to change my tune, but in recent years before last, that seems to be their bigget criteria.

AllAboutThe'O'
12/6/2007, 02:35 AM
Kevin Smith has over 2,400 rushing yards for UCF and he was not invited? Yeah he had 415 carries, yeah he plays in C-USA...but 2,400 yards rushing? That's as impressive as any of these other guys stats; the kid at least deserves an invite. And he's only a junior.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he's a freshman.
On that note, would have loved to see them invite Matt Forte, the running back from Tulane. He had 2,127 yards this season, second behind Smith. McFadden, in contrast, was fourth in total rushing.

Grimey
12/6/2007, 08:27 AM
Sam should be there in Chase's place. He pwned him twice

On a side note, on Sportcenter when they were announcing the invitees, they then went to who missed the cut. The first person they showed was Sam.

birddog
12/6/2007, 09:58 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he's a freshman.
On that note, would have loved to see them invite Matt Forte, the running back from Tulane. He had 2,127 yards this season, second behind Smith. McFadden, in contrast, was fourth in total rushing.

i'll correct you.

he's a junior.

http://ucfathletics.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/smith_kevin00.html

yermom
12/6/2007, 10:31 AM
if that kid has a good bowl game he could beat Barry Sanders' record

The Maestro
12/6/2007, 01:49 PM
I think DMac should get it. LSU didn't stop him in 3 seasons.

Well, in that case, invite the Kentucky QB and WR as well. :rolleyes:

I would have invited Dixon ahead of Daniel. Dixon is undoubtedly the most important part of what was the most prolific offense in the nation and once he went down they turned into Jake Sills and Crew.

As for Daniel getting invited, if he is there, Sam should be, too.

Head to head...Sam is 2-0 and outplayed him both times.

Sam had 34 TD's and 7 INT's...and didn't get the privilege of padding his stats against Texas Tech, either. You would guess at least two more TD's if he had played in that game.

Chase finished with 33 TD's and 10 picks...and did NOT lead the nation in passing effeciency all season long.

Daniel is there for one game...the Kansas game...as is McFadden for his performance against LSU.

Oh, well...popularity contest at best.

Sooner_Bob
12/6/2007, 01:56 PM
Is it just me or are Tebow's stats just a bit inflated?

A QB having almost twice as many carries as the next RB?

That's garbage! [hairGel]

:D

yermom
12/6/2007, 04:25 PM
Well, in that case, invite the Kentucky QB and WR as well. :rolleyes:

I would have invited Dixon ahead of Daniel. Dixon is undoubtedly the most important part of what was the most prolific offense in the nation and once he went down they turned into Jake Sills and Crew.

As for Daniel getting invited, if he is there, Sam should be, too.

Head to head...Sam is 2-0 and outplayed him both times.

Sam had 34 TD's and 7 INT's...and didn't get the privilege of padding his stats against Texas Tech, either. You would guess at least two more TD's if he had played in that game.

Chase finished with 33 TD's and 10 picks...and did NOT lead the nation in passing effeciency all season long.

Daniel is there for one game...the Kansas game...as is McFadden for his performance against LSU.

Oh, well...popularity contest at best.

i think they just invite the top vote getters. it's not like they have a committee that decides who the finalists are, or who wins. it's mob rule basically, some of them likely voted before all the games were even over