PDA

View Full Version : those who drove to S.A. for the Champ game

OKLA21FAN
12/5/2007, 01:04 PM
did anyone of you have a similar dealio?

when driving to a game or somesuch, and you pass a another vehicle decked out with the opposing team's colors and such, do you usually acknoledge that vehicle in some way in passing. or at the very least, make eye contact and give a knowing nod?

driving from Dallas to S.A. on Friday we encountered probably 2 dozen MU cars at different times, and probably 20 of those times, the car load of fans would not even look up either passing or when passed.

:pop:

Boarder
12/5/2007, 01:07 PM
I smile and say, "Ha ha, you suck and are going to lose big time" (or something to that effect) ventriloquist style where my lips aren't moving. They usually wave and unknowingly acknowledge their suckage.

sooner_born_1960
12/5/2007, 02:20 PM
One time Boarder waved and smiled at me at a tailgate. I'm beginning to wonder about that now.

Boarder
12/5/2007, 02:27 PM
I gots mad ventriloquist skillz. Beware.

rufnek05
12/5/2007, 02:30 PM
We mooned the other cars, flipped them off, or if they were older we just gave them the OU and sped past them.

StoopTroup
12/5/2007, 04:06 PM
I didn't go but when in Texas I always try to give the ole number one when appropriate.

colleyvillesooner
12/5/2007, 04:20 PM
A corvette pulled up along side of me on the way home Sunday...slowed down for the girl in the passenger seat to give me the "guns up" tech hand sign. I gave her the OU sign, the #1, since you, know, we just won the Big 12 championship.

She gave me back the other #1, which my wonderful wife promptly returned :D

MamaMia
12/5/2007, 04:24 PM
We go on a lot of OU road trips. We have the OU decorations on our car so we generally get a few honks from fellow Sooners and whomever we're about to play. We usually smile politely and do the number one sign. The Texas fans will literally hang out of their windows like monkeys doing the longhorn gestures. We just ignore them. :)

soonerbrat
12/5/2007, 05:55 PM
A corvette pulled up along side of me on the way home Sunday...slowed down for the girl in the passenger seat to give me the "guns up" tech hand sign. I gave her the OU sign, the #1, since you, know, we just won the Big 12 championship.

She gave me back the other #1, which my wonderful wife promptly returned :D

your wife is so awesome

Cam
12/5/2007, 11:29 PM
We go on a lot of OU road trips. We have the OU decorations on our car so we generally get a few honks from fellow Sooners and whomever we're about to play. We usually smile politely and do the number one sign. The Texas fans will literally hang out of their windows like monkeys doing the longhorn gestures. We just ignore them. :)
When we lived in Austin, this seemed to be a year round thing for them.

JohnnyMack
12/5/2007, 11:38 PM
You should've held up this sign:

http://www.bumprstickrz.com/bumperstickers/bumperstickers/showme.gif

It was the Show Me state we were playing after all.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
12/6/2007, 12:18 AM
Yeah, they wouldn't even look our way. Driving through Austin on the way home some Horn honked and then did their hand sign, which we probably returned the right way: /m\

Okla-homey
12/6/2007, 07:59 AM
I bet it was very long drive back to the State of Misery on Sunday.

colleyvillesooner
12/6/2007, 10:46 AM
your wife is so awesome

That's why I tricked her into marrying me. ;)