PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyone that actually

OU4LIFE
12/5/2007, 12:58 PM
believes Lester isn't going to Michigan?

Listening to his news conference sounded almost exactly the way he did at aggie lite.

and every morning everyone is talking about who the next coach will be at Michigan....duh. It's Miles.

landrun
12/5/2007, 01:01 PM
I don't think he's going. Really don't.

MamaMia
12/5/2007, 01:01 PM
Didn't I hear him say that he would still be at LSU this time next year? I think I also heard that LSU just gave him a big fat raise.

Sooner_Bob
12/5/2007, 01:08 PM
Nothing would surprise me at this point . . .

KC//CRIMSON
12/5/2007, 01:08 PM
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=747509

:les: I'm a deauxche!

soonerinabilene
12/5/2007, 01:14 PM
At least one prime recruit has removed LSU from consideration because of the Miles saga. Patrick Johnson, a five-star cornerback from Pompano Beach (Fla.) Ely, told TigerBait.com that he no longer was considering LSU.

"The whole saga of him staying or leaving doesn't help LSU's chances with me because I think that he is going to end up leaving anyway," Johnson said. "I think he is still going to leave."

What about Miles' statement that he will stay at LSU?

"That is the same thing that Nick Saban said when he was the head coach of the Dolphins (before he left for Alabama)," Johnson said.

I told my dad that his speech saturday didnt mean a thing. Apparently recruits think the same thing.

Sooner_Bob
12/5/2007, 01:16 PM
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=747509

:les: I'm a deauxche!

Heh

http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/Coach/PHOTO/LESMILES250_1201.JPG

JohnnyMack
12/5/2007, 02:37 PM
Didn't he say that he would be coaching at LSU next year? Sure he will, the title game is in 2008.

tbl
12/5/2007, 02:55 PM
His language was very vague and ambiguous. You could attribute that to his being a ******rocket, but he never gave a definitive statement.

I think Michigan got wise and realized what a huge mistake they were about to make. All one needs to do is see this guy in front of a microphone... except for LSU fans. They love that kind of crap. Honestly, they deserve each other.

adoniijahsooner
12/5/2007, 03:14 PM
What has miles done to warrant this sort of attention? Everyone thinks they have the most talent in the nation, and Georgia playing in the same league has the same amount of losses. He just doesnt seem like that good of a coach to me; but thats only an opinion.

OU4LIFE
12/5/2007, 04:11 PM
Didn't he say that he would be coaching at LSU next year? Sure he will, the title game is in 2008.

eggs actly.

All he said was he'd be coaching there next year, not end of next year.

of course he's a *********, but that just means he's a perfect fit where he's at.....I'm just sayin that there is NO way his self proclaimed 'dream job' comes open and he doesn't go. He just needed time to stroke all the recruits and get his **** packed

Oldnslo
12/5/2007, 04:25 PM
d00d never said he wasn't going to Meatchicken.

budmanku
12/5/2007, 04:40 PM
I've said the same thing to folks on the ESPN boards. Les did the SAME speech right before he left OSU. It really would be a much better situation in Michigan...but, it's scary thinking he'd still have recruiting influence in Texas and Louisiana, only to take them up north...bahhhhhhh!

Screw him!:mad:

KHS Sooner
12/5/2007, 05:29 PM
No contract until after the BCS National Title game......hmmm

colleyvillesooner
12/5/2007, 06:11 PM
Heh

http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/Coach/PHOTO/LESMILES250_1201.JPG

omg, he looks like a Hobbit.

Soonersince57
12/5/2007, 06:24 PM
I still can't figure out the fascination with LSU or their coach (I can't speak his name).

TopDawg
12/5/2007, 06:34 PM
I wrote this to some of my friends this weekend:

I need you guys to oblige me on this one because this is the only way* I can be happy about the way the title game turned out.

As some of you said on Saturday, Les Miles didn't come out and say "I am not taking the Michigan job" in his presser.

I'm of the opinion that he said what he did to rally his troops to get an SEC conference championship. His intent was to win that game, accept a BCS bowl bid to a game that wasn't the national championship game, then take the job at Michigan and turn things over to the next LSU coach.

But what he wasn't expecting was #1 and #2 to both lose. Now he ends up in the title game and he can't accept the Michigan job.

Please just humor me.

*Another way I can be happy is for one of the teams to win in a very un-convincing fashion and for us to throttle West Virginia and for there to be a split title again.

I was hoping he wanted to take the Michigan job, but now found himself in a situation where he couldn't.

Then Rhino added in his thoughts that come with a priceless picture:

There was a radio host Saturday morning in Austin (Fox Sports) that was talking about Kirk Herbstreit's 'breaking news' thing on Gameday. He said that he (the announcer) knows some Michigan people and they say that there is a major division among the Michigan movers-and-shakers on their opinion of Leslie.

He claimed the info that Michigan was contacting Miles and was set to name him head coach on Monday (today) was leaked by the group that doesn't want him to be their coach. In the event that LSU had a shot at the MNC, his hand would be forced to say he was staying at LSU. Now, he didn't need that to happen to force his hand, but then it looks like he got his hand caught in the proverbial cookie jar and he has to really sell that he was never thinking about it.

I really think Leslie was planning on taking the Michigan job after the SEC CCG and accepting a regular BCS bowl bid, then turning around and taking the Michigan job today. As it stands, he can't possibly do that right now and its VERY unlikely (even if he still has a shot at the job) that he'll do it before January 8.

Check out this picture (http://www.lsusports.net//pics20/800/ER/ERMQRVHLQQDQMRP.20071203025933.jpg) and tell me if Les is excited about LSU sneaking into the MNC.

If Michigan's smart, they offer the job to Brian Kelly and forget they ever were connected to Crazy Les.

But it's now looking like Michigan's not that smart. There are a lot of signs pointing to Les heading there after the title game.

Sir Elwood
12/5/2007, 06:36 PM
Lester's allegiance lies with the highest bidder. I wouldn't be shocked at anything he did after he jumped ship in Stillwater when he swore he wasn't leaving.

Youngsooner
12/5/2007, 06:43 PM
I think we'll see lester going if they (hopefully) lose the NC game :-)

TopDawg
12/5/2007, 06:47 PM
If he loses to Ohio State with LSU's talent, you know the Buckeyes will be praying that he goes to Michigan.

KHS Sooner
12/5/2007, 06:49 PM
If he loses to Ohio State with LSU's talent, you know the Buckeyes will be praying that he goes to Michigan.
:D

TMcGee86
12/5/2007, 07:06 PM
I think he goes to Meatchicken. I thought it even after his press conference before the SECCG.

And I really think it now that Mich. has announced that there are upwards of 30 candidates for the job.

Could it be that such a number would give them an excuse to not name a coach till say... Jan 9th?

I'll believe he's not going there only when I see someone at the podium accepting the meatchicken job. Till then, it's him in my mind.

kruss1971
12/5/2007, 07:16 PM
I'll believe he's not going there only when I see someone at the podium accepting the meatchicken job. Till then, it's him in my mind.
My thoughts exactly...

TopDawg
12/5/2007, 07:17 PM
Till then, it's him in my mind.

Really?

TMcGee86
12/5/2007, 11:38 PM
Really?

wait, that didn't come out right.

I mean, it's him in my opinion.

yeah, that's the ticket. :pop:

Soonerfan88
12/6/2007, 01:45 AM
The decision will not be Lester's because he's taking the job if it's offered. This is actually a power struggle between Carr's supporters who hate Les and the newer power $$ boosters who never wanted anyone else. And they delay on the contract is being spun that due to a clause making him 2 or 3 $$ coach if he wins a NC, they don't want to have to sign & renegotiate that soon.

So now we've got a few extra weeks to watch it play out and the champ game will have a major impact. After all, why would Michigan want a coach that already has a losing streak against tOSU?

Crucifax Autumn
12/6/2007, 02:45 AM
Whether he goes or stays, I hope it's an eternity before he wins a game again. That guy is such a total scumbag and lucky POS.

and yeah...I know. I didn't say anything intelligent or original here, but we ARE talking about lester...Intelligence is reserved for people who have some of their own, not shifty eyed jackasses that look like bipolar Hobbits.