PDA

View Full Version : Who's worse? (a poal)

Mixer!
12/4/2007, 10:04 PM
Both are hard to endure, and best viewed with the mute button engaged.

I give it to ESPN for the crap celebrity interviews they conduct during the game.

KHS Sooner
12/4/2007, 10:10 PM
If I had to pick it would be the NFL Network.

I do hate both though. :D

reevie
12/4/2007, 10:35 PM
NFL Network has no personality. No need to bother with the mute button because they're so monotone you'll end up in a trance and will never hear them.

olevetonahill
12/4/2007, 10:41 PM
wheres the " both of above " option ?

bluedogok
12/4/2007, 11:59 PM
Gumbel is not a play-by-play guy, never has been that I know of. He is more out of place than Kornheiser. I always liked the old ESPN Sunday Night crew of Patrick, Theisman and Maguire. Maguire seems out of place doing college games with Mushburger.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/5/2007, 12:03 AM
both spend too much time trying to create storylines instead of just calling the game.

rufnek05
12/5/2007, 02:20 AM
Gumble is horrible. but so is Kornheiser

Blue
12/5/2007, 02:36 AM
mmmm. Tough but good question. Gumbe and Collinsworth are total geeky and egotistical bores. But they don't talk much so I can tune them out.

Kornheiser BY HIMSELF makes mnf absolutely painful for me. All he does is read his book report of quotes every week, trying to make everything a "Great" story. Sometimes it's just football, Tony. A real fan knows this. I really think he doesn't "Get" football. or sports.

My vote goes to Korny.

One last complaint. All of you analysts out there on CBS, FOX, and ESPN w/ your self-percieved wittiness, "We're so comfortable with each other joking and tossing the football around on the promo and on the fake field." You're not that cool.

OklaPony
12/5/2007, 09:10 AM
Bryant Gumball? Case closed.

Mjcpr
12/5/2007, 09:20 AM
Gumble is horrible. but so is Kornheiser

Exactly.

I like Collinsworth but Gumbel's sucktitude is so high I had to vote for them.

Oldnslo
12/5/2007, 11:10 AM
Kornholer is the worst of the worst, but I enjoy listening to what Jaworski has to say.

royalfan5
12/5/2007, 12:21 PM
Where's the I quit watching the NFL three years ago option?

SoonerStormchaser
12/5/2007, 02:43 PM
I pick Gumball over Kornholer solely due to the nasal factor.

mikeelikee
12/5/2007, 05:11 PM
Gumble can't suck enough!

TUSooner
12/5/2007, 05:24 PM
I can't vote, because I usually DO turn the sound down.
But of the 5 people listed there, three would make a decent announcing team:
Tirico is a 1st class PBP guy, Jaws and Collingsworth know the game and offer occasional relevant insights ABOUT THE GAME. Collingsworth can have a nice dry humor a times. Those three or Tirico plus one of them would be fine.

OTOH, these 2 should STFU Forever: Kornheiser, as duly noted, tries to make everything into a story around the game. Aside from that, he's the stereotypical annoying loudmouth New Yorker. (If he's not from NY, he should be.) No thanks, Tony, I only want the game. If I want a story, I'll read a book. Go shout over that other guy on your idiotic show with the bells.
Gumble does the same thing, in a less anoying, but very boring way.

Harry Beanbag
12/5/2007, 05:39 PM
Bob Barry's hot dog is a better play-by-play announcer than Bryant Gumbel.

Ash
12/5/2007, 08:19 PM
If Tirico would just shut up every once in a while and stick only to play by play and not commentary, he'd be better. That's why you have TWO color guys with you big fella. Not that they're always the greatest, but better than Collinsworth who's not only a tool but acts like he's constantly annoyed by everything and Gumbel does play by play like he's reading an instruction manual for a toaster.

Mixer!
12/7/2007, 10:03 PM
Okay, I take it back. Gumbel's obvious gaffe on the FG call last night cemented him as the worst of the worst.

SoonerBOI
12/8/2007, 08:31 AM
Gumbel and Kornheiser are a good match.

Mixer!
3/14/2008, 08:33 AM
:les: BUMP!

Curly Bill
3/14/2008, 08:35 AM
Both are teh suc.