PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State and the stregth of schedule factor

MamaMia
12/4/2007, 01:38 PM
I haven't taken a real good look at the computer ranking in weeks but couldn't help but wonder. With SOS being a much lower factor now that the BCS formulation has been tweaked so much, do y'all think we'll see a lot of teams with powder puff schedules playing for the championship in the future?

FaninAma
12/4/2007, 01:57 PM
I haven't taken a real good look at the computer ranking in weeks but couldn't help but wonder. With SOS being a much lower factor now that the BCS formulation has been tweaked so much, do y'all think we'll see a lot of teams with powder puff schedules playing for the championship in the future?
Si.

BoulderSooner79
12/4/2007, 01:57 PM
No. Because I don't think any BCS conference schedule can be considered power-puff. The big10 was down this year as was the big12 last year and the big east a couple of years ago. But tOSU played some quality teams in Purdue, PSU, Wisc., Michigan and of course, Illinois. I do think you'll see continued weak non-conference schedules because a loss is much more important overall than SOS.

MamaMia
12/4/2007, 02:02 PM
No. Because I don't think any BCS conference schedule can be considered power-puff. The big10 was down this year as was the big12 last year and the big east a couple of years ago. But tOSU played some quality teams in Purdue, PSU, Wisc., Michigan and of course, Illinois. I do think you'll see continued weak non-conference schedules because a loss is much more important overall than SOS.I don't believe, that as a whole, the Big XII was weak at all. I just think it took us a little while to warm up.

76soonergrad
12/4/2007, 02:07 PM
Depends on the conference. The conferences with all the + rep (thanks Herbie) like the big 10, don't need it.

Eastern schools don't need it. Ditto for Pac10.

There is a perception (which = reality among writers) that OUr conference is weaker. At least at the beginning of the year. VY was gone, texas rebuilding. Nebraska a shambles. OU unproven quarterback. Everyone knows that Kansas is a basketball school.

The big 12 probably got some respect in the end of the regular season.

But in the back of writers' minds are the 2 NC losses that OU had. Even though tOSU got rightfully thumped by Florida last year, it didn't seem to affect them any.

We need a stronger schedule and a talking head on espn. More Public relations.

For sure tOSU had a weak schedule.

fadada1
12/4/2007, 02:07 PM
I don't believe, that as a whole, the Big XII was weak at all. I just think it took us a little while to warm up.
i agree. we still have 3 teams in the top 8 (or whatever). and while texas will continue to suck no matter how good they are, they're still in the top 20. tech can beat anyone on any given day (we know that). A&M is in a bowl. osu is in a bowl. nebraska sucked, but will evntually be back. and colorado can win as well (as we know).