PDA

View Full Version : ESPN.com Heisman poll

The Maestro
12/4/2007, 12:05 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/heisman07/index

Well, it is all over but the shouting now. I am surprised that Maisel had Tebow fourth...kind of strange, but oh well. I think Tebow will win it and deserves to, but this poll has a few glaring problems.

First of all, glad to see Sam in the top 10...no doubt he deserves that...getting a tie for 8th which means a fifth place vote from someone.

The fact Glenn Dorsey is also tied for 8th is a joke. Not cause he isn't great, but because he was injured so much the second half of the season and didn't see the field enough.

Also a joke is Kevin Smith from UCF not being higher. He, too, just got one fifth place vote in this poll of "experts". He deserves higher...like maybe MATT RYAN's spot that is ahead of Sam. Did anyone see Ryan play or just the one stretch of two minutes against Va Tech? He had ALL KINDS of key INT's throughout the year! The Kansas quarterback deserves more love than Matt freaking Ryan!

soonerspudman
12/4/2007, 12:18 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/heisman07/index

Well, it is all over but the shouting now. I am surprised that Maisel had Tebow fourth...kind of strange, but oh well. I think Tebow will win it and deserves to, but this poll has a few glaring problems.

First of all, glad to see Sam in the top 10...no doubt he deserves that...getting a tie for 8th which means a fifth place vote from someone.

The fact Glenn Dorsey is also tied for 8th is a joke. Not cause he isn't great, but because he was injured so much the second half of the season and didn't see the field enough.

Also a joke is Kevin Smith from UCF not being higher. He, too, just got one fifth place vote in this poll of "experts". He deserves higher...like maybe MATT RYAN's spot that is ahead of Sam. Did anyone see Ryan play or just the one stretch of two minutes against Va Tech? He had ALL KINDS of key INT's throughout the year! The Kansas quarterback deserves more love than Matt freaking Ryan!

I don't have a problem with Tebow winning it, but I'm pretty disgusted at the way the media (yes, east-coast media) has treated Brennan, the race should be down to him and Tebow, Brennan's accomplishments this year and in his overall career have been stunning.

The whole thing with Hawaii is a bunch of crap, the NCAA says "we'll let you compete in Div 1 but you will not be eligible for the Heisman or to play for a NC no matter what you do." Hawaii should sue the NCAA and seek an injunction to stop the the NC game, maybe that would force the NCAA to fix this whacked-out system.

kevpks
12/4/2007, 12:21 PM
How many Heisman voters do you guys think look to the ESPN poll when trying to figure out their own ballot?

Boomer.....
12/4/2007, 12:24 PM
Great to see Bradford getting some recognition even though he wont win it.

Although he didn't have a good CCG, I think Paul Smith from Tulsa should have gotten a vote.

Frozen Sooner
12/4/2007, 12:26 PM
I don't have a problem with Tebow winning it, but I'm pretty disgusted at the way the media (yes, east-coast media) has treated Brennan, the race should be down to him and Tebow, Brennan's accomplishments this year and in his overall career have been stunning.

The whole thing with Hawaii is a bunch of crap, the NCAA says "we'll let you compete in Div 1 but you will not be eligible for the Heisman or to play for a NC no matter what you do." Hawaii should sue the NCAA and seek an injunction to stop the the NC game, maybe that would force the NCAA to fix this whacked-out system.

Being that the BCS is not an NCAA organization, and the Heisman Trophy is not awarded by the NCAA, I'm not sure what good suing the NCAA would do here.

Sooner_Bob
12/4/2007, 12:33 PM
IMHO it should come down to McFadden and Dixon . . . possibly Brennan.

The Maestro
12/4/2007, 12:36 PM
Graham Harrell has better stats than Brennan...and against better competition.

soonerspudman
12/4/2007, 12:38 PM
How many Heisman voters do you guys think look to the ESPN poll when trying to figure out their own ballot?

The voters like everyone else have been pounded all year by the media on their favorites, it absolutely has an influence. Additionally, how many times have you seen Hawaii/Brennan featured on national TV? And that's at the cruxt of it all, it's all about who's marketable to big audiences, and Hawaii is a very small market in a distant time zone.

Take Brennan and his accomplishments and place them at a Boston College or, God help us, Rutgers, he'd be the second coming, would probably be teed up for his seconed Hiesman this year and regarded by the media as one of the NCAA all-time greats.

Perfect example, take Doug Flutie, put his exact career accomplishments in Hawaii instead of BC and he's a nameless fact in college football's past. It's a freaking sham...

Sooner_Bob
12/4/2007, 12:42 PM
Graham Harrell has better stats than Brennan...and against better competition.

True . . . "system" QB or not he should probably get some heisman lovin'.

silverwheels
12/4/2007, 12:49 PM
June Jones is an ***.

Tebow > Brennan.

SoonerMom2
12/4/2007, 01:00 PM
I don't have a problem with anyone as long as Chase Daniels doesn't win it -- that arrogant twerp doesn't deserve anything the way he treats his players not to mention opposing players. His mouth should disqualify him -- that is not leadership he displays but arrogance IMO that he can do no wrong and it is everyone else's fault!