PDA

View Full Version : Auburn fan ironically feels your pain.

AUTaxMan
12/4/2007, 11:51 AM
You guys got hosed.

Ground_Attack
12/4/2007, 12:04 PM
AU had a better arguement in 2004 then we do this year. At least you guys took care of business. We did not. Doesn't make LSU/OSU more deserving, but we only have ourselves to blame in the end.

Paperclip
12/4/2007, 12:09 PM
Ground Attack Johnson is right. I don't feel hosed. Sure, you can make a case for OU, but it's not more compelling than the case for the teams that made it.

Curly Bill
12/4/2007, 12:10 PM
AU had a better arguement in 2004 then we do this year. At least you guys took care of business. We did not. Doesn't make LSU/OSU more deserving, but we only have ourselves to blame in the end.

Agreed. Auburn did everything they were supposed to do and were denied the big opportunity. We had a couple of opportunities and for lack of a better word: we blew it.

Having said that: I think we are the best team in the country right now, and I'd love for us to have a chance to play for the NC...and no this is not an endorsement for a playoff. :D

BoulderSooner79
12/4/2007, 12:23 PM

It's that blurred line of who is better vs. who is deserving. I thought Auburn was better than OU in '04 (grimace), but all 3 tops teams that year were equally deserving by any measure.

This year a whole basket of teams have good arguments for themselves and blemishes against, so it's luck of the draw as far as deserving. As for who's the best team, I find it interesting that none of the 3 teams playing extremely well right now made the cut (OU, USC, UGA).

Blues1
12/4/2007, 12:38 PM
You guys got hosed.

I don't think right now PAIN is our concern or our feelings - We had two disappointments - Our Pain was early in the season (Colorado) - Our Main disappointment is we LOST our QB 3 minutes into a game we would have won IF that would not have happen....But we understand that is College Football -After We destroy West Virgina We will be atleast #2 in the Nation in the polls - Not too much pain with that result..... :)

We just keep Rockin'
BOOMER SOONER....!!!!
#8 in 2008 .....!

arcman46
12/4/2007, 03:51 PM
I don't think right now PAIN is our concern or our feelings - We had two disappointments - Our Pain was early in the season (Colorado) - Our Main disappointment is we LOST our QB 3 minutes into a game we would have won IF that would not have happen....But we understand that is College Football -After We destroy West Virgina We will be atleast #2 in the Nation in the polls - Not too much pain with that result..... :)

We just keep Rockin'
BOOMER SOONER....!!!!
#8 in 2008 .....!

Once again, we lost the TT game because our defense played poorly. Bradford might have been able to pull it off, but Halzle came in and played well and put us in a position to at least tie the game. That loss, is squarely on the defense.

mdklatt
12/4/2007, 03:58 PM
Once again, we lost the TT game because our defense played poorly.

Not a whole lot the defense can do when they spend three quarters on the field against a team like Texas Tech.

mdklatt
12/4/2007, 04:02 PM
You guys got hosed.

Eh, we lost one game we absolutely shouldn't have, struggled mightily against the worst team in the Big 12, and give up tons of yards to the second worst team at home. Nobody that got left out this year can complain too much, including Ohio State or LSU if they had been left out. Crazy year.

Soonermagik
12/4/2007, 04:21 PM
I am never mad at a team who makes it or doesn't.

WE HAVE A FLAWED SYSTEM. This is the BCS' fault and I feel several teams got cheated. It's over with, and I'm not going to cry over spilled milk. However, I would just like to see some changes.

olevetonahill
12/4/2007, 04:57 PM
I aint hurtin . We made it to a great bowl , Shat happens,
who cares about rankins poles and such Now? its set , Game on , Lets kick some ***.
Nuff said

Crucifax Autumn
12/5/2007, 02:24 AM
You know...I appreciate the sentiment from the Auburn fan, but I think the logic is mildly flawed. The current state of computer rankings is a direct result of the gigantic baby-fits thrown by Auburn and SUC after OU passed them in the BCS based on SOS and quality wins and such. If those guys hadn't lobbied, cried, bitched and whined over being left out, we probably wouldn't have been this year.

So yeah...the system sucks, but there are a lot of reasons for the particular suckiness we see this year.

Badcow
12/5/2007, 08:39 AM
Ground Attack Johnson is right. I don't feel hosed. Sure, you can make a case for OU, but it's not more compelling than the case for the teams that made it.

paper clip Johnson is right about Ground attack Johnson Being right.
:)

BoonesFarmSooner
12/5/2007, 09:39 AM
Looks like I'm again going against popular opinion on here... BUT I THINK WE GOT HOSED !

I'm still trying to figure out what LSU did that is so damn impressive?

Miles and his "undefeated in regulation" crap. If you're going to throw out those kinds of qualifiers, lets discuss how they should have had a 4 game losing streak during the middle of the year. They got screwed against Auburn and then should've lost to Florida.

TUSooner
12/5/2007, 09:39 AM
paper clip Johnson is right about Ground attack Johnson Being right.
:)
And so are you....

:twinkies:

Paperclip
12/5/2007, 10:03 AM
Looks like I'm again going against popular opinion on here... BUT I THINK WE GOT HOSED !

Miles and his "undefeated in regulation" crap. If you're going to throw out those kinds of qualifiers, lets discuss how they should have had a 4 game losing streak during the middle of the year. They got screwed against Auburn and then should've lost to Florida.

The key words here are "should have". That means they didn't. Like Bob says, there's a big difference between winning and losing. One point or 100, they still managed to find a way to win.

oupride
12/5/2007, 10:08 AM
You know...I appreciate the sentiment from the Auburn fan, but I think the logic is mildly flawed. The current state of computer rankings is a direct result of the gigantic baby-fits thrown by Auburn and SUC after OU passed them in the BCS based on SOS and quality wins and such. If those guys hadn't lobbied, cried, bitched and whined over being left out, we probably wouldn't have been this year.

So yeah...the system sucks, but there are a lot of reasons for the particular suckiness we see this year.
BINGO!

BoonesFarmSooner
12/5/2007, 10:09 AM
The key words here are "should have". That means they didn't. Like Bob says, there's a big difference between winning and losing. One point or 100, they still managed to find a way to win.

Agreed... It's Miles throwing out the "undefeated in regulation" crap.

And the computers ignoring the margin of victory. A last second win over Auburn looks as good as a 35 point win over a similar ranked squad. Makes me wanna puke.

Paperclip
12/5/2007, 10:13 AM
Agreed... It's Miles throwing out the "undefeated in regulation" crap.

And the computers ignoring the margin of victory. A last second win over Auburn looks as good as a 35 point win over a similar ranked squad. Makes me wanna puke.

Don't get me wrong. The thought of Miles raising that crystal football is enough to render me sterile. However, our argument isn't strong enough to supplant the two teams that made it into the game.

BoulderSooner79
12/5/2007, 10:14 AM

I agree LSU was not a strong choice, but no team was this year. I'd think we got "hosed" if it was obvious we should have been one of the teams in the MNC game. But it wasn't obvious unless you wear crimson glasses. I think the reason that thumping the #1 team in final game was not enough to jump to #1 or #2 was because no one thought Mizzou should have been #1 in the first place! Their SOS was crap if you don't count OU and so what if they had 2 quality loses.

BoonesFarmSooner
12/5/2007, 10:35 AM
Going into the championship games, we had 8 fewer points in the coaches poll than LSU.

We dominate the #1 team on a nuetral field while LSU struggles against #14 Tennessee.

The new coaches polls are out and we are 87 points behind LSU ???

The computers have Missouri at 4 and us at 6.

Ohio State doesn't play in a conference championship game, sits back and watches this fall into their lap.

There are so many reasons why this thing is screwed up. Nobody is playing on a level playing field, the computers are crap, the coaches are voting with bias (including Stoops) and this is the end result.

Texas Golfer
12/5/2007, 12:44 PM
Once again, we lost the TT game because our defense played poorly. Bradford might have been able to pull it off, but Halzle came in and played well and put us in a position to at least tie the game. That loss, is squarely on the defense.

Our defense didn't lose that game. Our coaches did.

We have one of the best running attacks in the conference. TT has the next to the last rushing defense in the conference and the 4th best passing defense. Why did we come out with Halzle passing early and passing often? Had we had a controlling ground game, we would have kept their "high powered" offense on the bench and Harrell couldn't have thrown the ball 72 times.

So, don't blame our defense for that lose.

Salt City Sooner
12/5/2007, 12:46 PM
I agree LSU was not a strong choice, but no team was this year. I'd think we got "hosed" if it was obvious we should have been one of the teams in the MNC game. But it wasn't obvious unless you wear crimson glasses. I think the reason that thumping the #1 team in final game was not enough to jump to #1 or #2 was because no one thought Mizzou should have been #1 in the first place! Their SOS was crap if you don't count OU and so what if they had 2 quality loses.
Mizzou's SOS was #24 in Sagarin's ratings, which was the 2nd best in his top 10, behind only Florida (9th toughest), & they were also the only team in the NCAA to beat 2 BCS teams (Illinois & KU). We can sit around & make arguments all day as to why OU got the shaft & there's certainly a good point in said arguments, but they pale in comparison to what happened to Mizzou. They flat out took it in the shorts.

StoopTroup
12/5/2007, 01:04 PM
Not that I wouldn't have liked seeing OUr Sooners play again for all the marbles but I really wouldn't want the "People's Choice" Award that Auburn recieved.

SoonerFaninAZ
12/5/2007, 05:38 PM
Going into the championship games, we had 8 fewer points in the coaches poll than LSU. We dominate the #1 team on a nuetral field while LSU struggles against #14 Tennessee.

The new coaches polls are out and we are 87 points behind LSU ???

...the coaches are voting with bias (including Stoops) and this is the end result.

The bias doesn't even bother me that much. I don't even care so much that Belotti, the Bowdens, etc. had Missouir above Oklahoma. Well, I do, but not as much as what you are referring to with the change from last week to this.

#7 LSU beats #15 9-3 Tennessee 21-14.
#8 Oklahoma beats #2 11-1 Missouri 38-17.

And the coaches decide to put an additional 79 points between the two teams? That single component is the greatest travesty of all.

Maybe LSU does deserve to be there, but gaining an average of 1.32 poll positions on the Sooners after Saturday's result is a complete joke.

Seeing the final poll is great, but I want to see last week's poll and then I want to see them asked to explain the reasoning for placing additional space between the Tigers and Sooners.

Desert Sapper
12/5/2007, 05:52 PM

Remember how the defense scored a TD early and only allowed one score in the second half? Given that our O wasn't exactly moving the ball, I'd say our D did much better in that game than you are giving credit for.

BermudaSooner
12/5/2007, 05:55 PM

you sir, are just plain wrong. The best defense against TT is offense, and we had none that night until the 4th quarter.

texas bandman
12/5/2007, 06:00 PM
Remember how the defense scored a TD early and only allowed one score in the second half? Given that our O wasn't exactly moving the ball, I'd say our D did much better in that game than you are giving credit for.

Our D was on the field much of the first half. At the time, I was wondering why we didn't try to run a little more in the first half to give the D a break. It was a wonder that they didn't score on us more than they did.