PDA

View Full Version : Refs just hosed Baltimore

Ground_Attack
12/3/2007, 11:41 PM
the fix is in! No way did he have possession of that TD, yet the official says the call on the field is "confirmed". does the NFL want an undefeated team? who knows? the refs sure appear to want one.

bluedogok
12/3/2007, 11:45 PM
Looked like one to me. He had both hands on it and two feet in, he never dropped the ball. So what if he was moving the ball, he was still in control of it.

soonerhubs
12/3/2007, 11:45 PM
the fix is in! No way did he have possession of that TD, yet the official says the call on the field is "confirmed". does the NFL want an undefeated team? who knows? the refs sure appear to want one.
The NFL is rigged. Number 57 of the Ravens is right. Bill Bellicheat and company have payed the right people; it's the same reason why that unethical piece of trash wasn't suspended for one game for his blatant breaking of the rules. Oh, and Rodney Harrison abuses substances to be a super star corner.

Ground_Attack
12/3/2007, 11:46 PM
and I have control of all three balls when I'm juggling. Does that mean possession. there was space between the ball and his body.

msteudem
12/3/2007, 11:47 PM
Mark Clayton falls a yard short of the upset!

KHS Sooner
12/3/2007, 11:48 PM
Nice catch Mark!!!!

Ground_Attack
12/3/2007, 11:49 PM
Wow, that was close.

AllAboutThe'O'
12/3/2007, 11:50 PM
I hate the Patriots; I hate pretty boy Brady; I hate cheater Belichick; I hate that smarmy Bob Kraft; I hate Randy Moss; I hate Wes Welker; I hate them all and I hope they crash and burn before this season ends.:mad:

OU-HSV
All I can say is damn

bluedogok
and I have control of all three balls when I'm juggling. Does that mean possession. there was space between the ball and his body.
So I guess a catch in your hands doesn't count using your definition.

OUsooner1
I just hope they stay undefeated and the Dolphins keep losing until they meet. Then by golly SWEET MIRACLE, the Dolphins get their first win!

KHS Sooner
12/3/2007, 11:51 PM
I hate the Patriots; I hate pretty boy Brady; I hate cheater Belichick; I hate that smarmy Bob Kraft; I hate Randy Moss; I hate Wes Welker; I hate them all and I hope they crash and burn before this season ends.:mad:

I like Wes Welker, but thats the only one.

OU-HSV
12/3/2007, 11:53 PM
I like Wes Welker, but thats the only one.
Exactly. The rest of them....Eff'em! Lucky (tonight), cheating, sonsuvbitches.

soonerhubs
12/3/2007, 11:55 PM
Harrison taunting Brian Billick= NO Class.

bluedogok
12/3/2007, 11:55 PM
I wish they'd get back to whipping people, this reminds me of OU after the 77-0 aTm game. They never played with the same "edge" after all the furor over that game...and we know how that season ended.

OU-HSV
12/3/2007, 11:58 PM
Harrison taunting Brian Billick= NO Class.
OH yeah, I forgot that one in my last post. Classless.

soonerhubs
12/3/2007, 11:59 PM
I wish they'd get back to whipping people, this reminds me of OU after the 77-0 aTm game. They never played with the same "edge" after all the furor over that game...and we know how that season ended.
Please tell me you're not comparing OU to those cheaters from Boston.

kelloggOUballa
12/4/2007, 12:03 AM
Go Pats!

KHS Sooner
12/4/2007, 12:05 AM
Go Pats!

:rolleyes:

bluedogok
12/4/2007, 12:14 AM
Please tell me you're not comparing OU to those cheaters from Boston.
Cheaters? This just in, ALL teams "cheat" in sports in general, it is called utilising a competitive advantage. There are much worse things that go on than "cameragate" in sports. Read up on the Formula1 season this year to see how bad it can get.

I have been a Pats fan since the Fairbanks days. They have played most of the season exactly the way that we wish OU would have played the season, striving for perfect execution.

I am real tired of that "U" blowhard Ray Lewis, other than that I like Baltimore and all of the Sooner connections.

Curly Bill
12/4/2007, 12:18 AM
Read up on the Formula1 season this year to see how bad it can get.

I'll be dang, I think this is the first mention I've ever seen of Formula 1 on here! I like Formula 1 personally...and I will read up on it.

...kind of didn't follow it real close this year so I don't know what cheating you speak of yet.

sooner518
12/4/2007, 12:22 AM
how was that not a catch?

soonerhubs
12/4/2007, 12:23 AM
Cheaters? This just in, ALL teams "cheat" in sports in general, it is called utilising a competitive advantage. There are much worse things that go on than "cameragate" in sports. Read up on the Formula1 season this year to see how bad it can get.

I have been a Pats fan since the Fairbanks days. They have played most of the season exactly the way that we wish OU would have played the season, striving for perfect execution.

I am real tired of that "U" blowhard Ray Lewis, other than that I like Baltimore and all of the Sooner connections.
This is the rule. Nobody cheats, unless I don't like them. Then they do everything wrong and nothing right. Logic has nothing to do with my philosophy on sports. :D At least I can admit it.

GrapevineSooner
12/4/2007, 12:25 AM
Sure, it was a questionable call on the catch.

But had they overruled it, the Pats would have had first and goal from inside the 5 by virtue of that ridiculous meltdown by the Ravens D-back.

We'll never know. But don't you think it's a pretty good bet with about 44 seconds left that New England would have still found a way to get the ball into the end zone?

bluedogok
12/4/2007, 12:26 AM
I went to the F1 race at Indy this year, picked a good year to go since they aren't going to be here next year. I am not a Nascar fan, used to be but just can't get into it anymore, it seems way overexposed to me. I much preferred it 20 or so years ago.

Basically, Ferrari design documents were found in the home of McLaren's chief designer, Mike Coughlan. Supposedly disgruntled Ferrari employee Nigel Stepney sent a disc with the documents to Coughlan. Pandemonium ensued.....

soonerhubs
12/4/2007, 12:29 AM
Sure, it was a questionable call on the catch.

But had they overruled it, the Pats would have had first and goal from inside the 5 by virtue of that ridiculous meltdown by the Ravens D-back.

We'll never know. But don't you think it's a pretty good bet with about 44 seconds left that New England would have still found a way to get the ball into the end zone?
Tom Brady with any seconds on the clock is scary. By far one of the best QBs to ever play the game.

Curly Bill
12/4/2007, 12:31 AM
I went to the F1 race at Indy this year, picked a good year to go since they aren't going to be here next year. I am not a Nascar fan, used to be but just can't get into it anymore, it seems way overexposed to me. I much preferred it 20 or so years ago.

Basically, Ferrari design documents were found in the home of McLaren's chief designer, Mike Coughlan. Supposedly disgruntled Ferrari employee Nigel Stepney sent a disc with the documents to Coughlan. Pandemonium ensued.....

Yeah, same here on the Nascar thing. Not since Darrel Waltrip hung it up have I cared about it...I mean you can't tell one car from another, and the same with the drivers. I'll check out the F-1 scandal. Thanks, and cool deal on getting to see them race!

sooner59
12/4/2007, 12:36 AM
I have been a Pats fan since the Oakland game in '01. Yes that was before they ever won a championship. I got into it b/c it was in the snow and even thought the tuck rule was controversial, I was a fan when the game began. I have been a fan since then. So GO PATS!! For the rest of the season, i view it as OU vs. Boise State. I hope they beat everyone they are supposed to beat, which is actually every team. I want them to go undefeated. Im a fan and im tired of Done Shula talking **** about them and rooting against them. Its just not professional. I've lost respect for him.....except for his '72 season job. Other than that, no respect.

aurorasooner
12/4/2007, 12:39 AM
Sure, it was a questionable call on the catch. I thought that last TD catch would be ruled bobbled with no catch. Also, it would've been a real interesting call if Mark Clayton would've been in the EZ when he caught that last pass instead of on the 2 yard line, as a Pats defender definitely got mugged by the Ravens receiver to the inside of Clayton. Can't hardly believe that that wouldn't have been either an offensive PI or offensive holding penalty. I have never seen a 35 yard penalty on a KO. That was a first for me. Stupid just losing it like that.

Curly Bill
I hope the Pats go undefeated right into the Superbowl...so the Cowboys can squash those undefeated dreams. :D

...yeah I know the Pats beat the Boys earlier this year, but me thinks the Boys are improving as the year goes along. ;)

Collier11

I hope you are being sarcastic but if not, you are dead wrong! That was a catch, there was nothing definitive that could have overturned that according to the rules because it was called a catch on the field. Also, both of those penalties againt Baltimore were legit penalties!!!

cheezyq
12/4/2007, 12:53 AM
Well, now I have a couple of reasons to cheer for Pittsburgh next week. Roethlisberger is my QB in my dynasty league, and I want them to beat the Chase Daniel midnight snack out of the cheaters.

sooner59
12/4/2007, 01:06 AM
Yeah they cheated, but man, they are still beating everyone without cheating. I dont think it matters, they are really good. They want that undefeated season bad.

kevpks
12/4/2007, 01:12 AM
Yeah they cheated, but man, they are still beating everyone without cheating. I dont think it matters, they are really good. They want that undefeated season bad.

All the more reason it would be hilarious if someone knocked them off in the playoffs. I also wonder how the Pats will handle the end of the season. It seems like most teams like to rest their stars when they lock up their playoff position before the last game. Will they play everyone in order to preserve the perfect season?

Spanish Sooner
12/4/2007, 01:14 AM
Here is how the season plays out for the pats, they either go undefeated and loss to a Dolphins team with no wins, or they lose in the first round of the playoffs. Its the only way........

sooner59
12/4/2007, 01:31 AM
All the more reason it would be hilarious if someone knocked them off in the playoffs. I also wonder how the Pats will handle the end of the season. It seems like most teams like to rest their stars when they lock up their playoff position before the last game. Will they play everyone in order to preserve the perfect season?

I might be a Pats fan, but Belicheck is an evil sorcerer this season. Im sure that he will play everyone to preserve a perfect season and stick it to the NFL, Shula, and anyone who doesnt like it. I personally think he should sit the starters, b/c a super bowl is more important. But I bet he wants it all. He wants everygame, undefeated, the greatest of all time. I hope it doesnt happen, but either someone gets hurt or they get beat anyway.

Lott's Bandana
12/4/2007, 10:51 AM
The NFL is so mediocre this year.

The Pats have 12 wins. Only 4 are against teams with a winning record. The rest of their division, whom they play twice, has a combined total of 9 wins.

Having said that, there really is no division this year that has multiple good teams. The AFC South is the only one that has 3 teams with winning records and I really don't think the Titans are scaring anyone.

The Pats are Jenks, the Colts are Union and the collective remainder is looking sheepishly at the Cowboys to see if they can hang...

GrapevineSooner
12/4/2007, 10:54 AM
Jerry Jones oft repeated this antecdote after the Patriots cheating scandal broke. And it goes something like this:

When I attended my first competition committee meeting (after their first Super Bowl win IIRC), all of the other reps on the committee said, "Did you know that when you ran Emmitt on a sweep to the right or threw a post pattern out to Irvin, we knew exactly what you had called and we STILL couldn't stop it?"

Point being, I think everybody in the NFL tries to cheat to a degree or another. The Pats had the misfortune of ****ing off one of their former assistants who got back at them. They got caught and they'll have to pay a price for that later in the year.

You still have to execute, though. And you don't go 12-0 in the NFL without executing.

P.S. Tell B-More's overrated defense to put their heads on a swivel once in awhile. Especially when a Brady pass gets deflected at the line and stays in the air for a good 4-5 seconds.

1890MilesToNorman
12/4/2007, 11:01 AM
Some of you sound like fans from around the country who hate OU, don't like the juggernaut, hmm? The Pat's are a tough team in a tough league called the NFL, everyone who plays them wants to be the one to knock them off. Sound familiar? I am not a rabid Pat's fan but they are good and I would love to see someone break the 72' Dolphin's record.

Mediocre Pat's fan just chiming in!

Collier11
12/4/2007, 11:54 AM
Im a pseudo Pats fan due to the fact that My Chiefs are proverbial underachievers. I think Tom Brady is just great to watch and Im all for history! Go 16-0

toast
12/4/2007, 12:01 PM
I thought the holding penalty on the db on 4th down was a little bit more questionable (not so much that he was or wasn't holding, just the fact the ref threw the flag at that point) than the TD call, I really didn't see evidence to overturn the call.

Sooner_Bob
12/4/2007, 12:03 PM

I was actually thinking that after the picky pass interference/holding call a few plays earlier.

Collier11
12/4/2007, 12:23 PM
I thought the holding penalty on the db on 4th down was a little bit more questionable (not so much that he was or wasn't holding, just the fact the ref threw the flag at that point) than the TD call, I really didn't see evidence to overturn the call.

This is the same argument you see in basketball and IMHO it is a crappy argument, a foul is a foul, a penalty is a penalty, it shouldnt matter if there is 10 minutes or 10 seconds left in the game. He blatantly held the TE over the middle, that is why it was called!

Curly Bill
12/4/2007, 12:29 PM
This is the same argument you see in basketball and IMHO it is a crappy argument, a foul is a foul, a penalty is a penalty, it shouldnt matter if there is 10 minutes or 10 seconds left in the game. He blatantly held the TE over the middle, that is why it was called!

Exactly! A penalty, is a penalty, is a penalty...why should a team be rewarded for commiting a penalty at the end of the game as opposed to earlier in the game? I saw the play in question and he definitely held the TE. I would have loved to see the Pats go down, but not because Baltimore was rewarded for commiting a penalty in crunch time.

What would have been really awesome is if Clayton would have been able to get into the endzone!

JohnnyMack
12/4/2007, 12:30 PM
It was a catch.

Harrison is classless.

Tom Brady has a Jason Bourne-like attitude about the way he plays.

achiro
12/4/2007, 12:31 PM
Anyone hear the post game interviews of the Ravens D players? Apparently the refs called one of the d-backs "boy" and that didn't go over well. Was part of the flag throwing melt down.

I will preface this by saying I rarely watch pro ball. I am not a fan of any particlar team. I do agree with the call being questionable on the 4th down play. Not real sure that was really a pass interference...

toast
12/4/2007, 01:17 PM

it could be called on practically every passing play and is often let go during a game, there was a similar situation in the pittsburgh/cincinnati game...I have no problem with them calling it late, just as long as they are consistent throughout the game.

Lott's Bandana
12/4/2007, 01:27 PM
Some of you sound like fans from around the country who hate OU, don't like the juggernaut, hmm? The Pat's are a tough team in a tough league called the NFL, everyone who plays them wants to be the one to knock them off. Sound familiar? I am not a rabid Pat's fan but they are good and I would love to see someone break the 72' Dolphin's record.

Mediocre Pat's fan just chiming in!

Aaaayeah - if you are inferring from my post that I think the Pats are mediocre, then you must also infer that I think Jenks is mediocre as well. Nope.
I DO believe the Pats are benefitting from the lifelessness of the general NFL team population.

Neither NE or Jenks are mediocre. Is there enough "mediocre"s written on this page yet?

bluedogok
12/4/2007, 01:57 PM
Exactly! A penalty, is a penalty, is a penalty...why should a team be rewarded for commiting a penalty at the end of the game as opposed to earlier in the game? I saw the play in question and he definitely held the TE. I would have loved to see the Pats go down, but not because Baltimore was rewarded for commiting a penalty in crunch time.
Don't give them a chance to call a penalty, he was holding and out in the field like that on a pass it will get called more often than it will in the interior line play. If the touchdown play would have been reversed, it would have been the Pat's ball, First and Goal at the 2 after the 2 Unsportsmanlike penalties against Baltimore. There was a good chance they could score given 4 shots from the 2 with 44 seconds left. I get tied of ref swallowing the whistle at the end of the game in basketball. To me if you are going to call it in the first quarter, you call it in the fourth.

What would have been really awesome is if Clayton would have been able to get into the endzone!I wonder they would have called the absolute tackle by Derrick Mason on Asante Samuel that kept Mark free to catch the ball.

stoopified
12/4/2007, 02:19 PM
I think these refs work games in Lubbock a lot.

soonerborn76
12/4/2007, 03:42 PM
Nice catch Mark!!!!

I wonder why the ball isnt thrown to him more often?:confused:

Blue
12/4/2007, 05:55 PM
Y'all are forgetting the most important point here.

Tony Corn-heiser reading his homework of quotes every monday to the nation and trying to make obvious things a, "story" is paaainful to listen to.

GrapevineSooner
12/4/2007, 06:26 PM
Anyone hear the post game interviews of the Ravens D players? Apparently the refs called one of the d-backs "boy" and that didn't go over well. Was part of the flag throwing melt down.

Which tells me that particluar Raven needs to grow a pair and stop being so easily offended.

sooner518
12/4/2007, 06:50 PM
I definitely LOLed when the Ravens player threw the flag into the stands. hehe

KHS Sooner
12/4/2007, 06:52 PM
I definitely LOLed when the Ravens player threw the flag into the stands. hehe

That guy has nice arm. ;)

jeremy885
12/4/2007, 07:19 PM
Which tells me that particluar Raven needs to grow a pair and stop being so easily offended.

From the AP:

"NEW YORK (AP) - The NFL is looking into a postgame comment by Baltimore cornerback Samari Rolle, who contends an on-field official called him "boy" during the Ravens' 27-24 loss to New England.

Rolle identified the official by his number rather than by name following the Monday night game, which was marked by several disputed officiating decisions.

"The refs called me a boy," Rolle said, according to a transcript of postgame comments provided to the media by the Ravens. "No. 110 called me a boy."

Both Rolle and the official, identified in the NFL official guide as head linesman Phil McKinnely, are black. The 54-year-old McKinnely played in the NFL as an offensive tackle from 1976-82. He spent five seasons with Atlanta and one each with the Rams and Chicago.

"I will be calling my agent in the morning and sending my complaint," the 31-year-old cornerback added. "I have a wife and three kids. Don't call me a boy. Don't call me a boy on the field during a game because I said, 'You've never played football before." "

tulsaoilerfan
12/4/2007, 09:37 PM

I will preface this by saying I rarely watch pro ball. I am not a fan of any particlar team. I do agree with the call being questionable on the 4th down play. Not real sure that was really a pass interference...
It wasn't; it was called a hold. ;) The DB did hold him briefly, but i've seen a lot worse not called in the NFL; the funny thing was right before that play i told my son that the refs would bail out the Pats no matter what and i was right. :eek:

LesNessman
12/5/2007, 09:46 AM
From the AP:

"NEW YORK (AP) - The NFL is looking into a postgame comment by Baltimore cornerback Samari Rolle, who contends an on-field official called him "boy" during the Ravens' 27-24 loss to New England.

Rolle identified the official by his number rather than by name following the Monday night game, which was marked by several disputed officiating decisions.

"The refs called me a boy," Rolle said, according to a transcript of postgame comments provided to the media by the Ravens. "No. 110 called me a boy."

Both Rolle and the official, identified in the NFL official guide as head linesman Phil McKinnely, are black. The 54-year-old McKinnely played in the NFL as an offensive tackle from 1976-82. He spent five seasons with Atlanta and one each with the Rams and Chicago.

"I will be calling my agent in the morning and sending my complaint," the 31-year-old cornerback added. "I have a wife and three kids. Don't call me a boy. Don't call me a boy on the field during a game because I said, 'You've never played football before." "

Agreed.

Samari Rolle is a whiny little punk-thug. He got away with a nice cheap-shot elbow to the head of Welker with 10 seconds left in the 1st half. Easily a personal foul that was overlooked. Maybe he should call his mother instead of his agent. Miami born thug trained at Free-Shoes U.

I wish Clayton played for a different team.