PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting Impact of yet another Big 12 Title

PLaw
12/3/2007, 11:04 PM
Any word on the street? With the t-sips headed to yet another Holiday Bowl and all of the other shake ups in the league, have the Sooners picked up any kids that may were leaning another direction or are we set with what we have in hand?

BOOMER

Curly Bill
12/3/2007, 11:16 PM
It seems we are relatively set. We couldn't do much better in Texas then we were already doing anyway.

KHS Sooner
12/3/2007, 11:16 PM
Yep, were doing pretty damn good.

We have Calhoun, Johnson and a couple more top rated players.

Ground_Attack
12/3/2007, 11:19 PM
we lost out on Lynn Katoa (LB) yesterday. He committed to Colorado. I haven't heard anything other than that.

Curly Bill
12/3/2007, 11:21 PM
Yep, were doing pretty damn good.

We have Calhoun, Johnson and a couple more top rated players.

...Stephen Good, a Rivals top-100 lineman, and the #3 rated prospect in texas.

edit...RJ Washington, Rivals #1 rated defensive end...for the entire country!

KHS Sooner
12/3/2007, 11:29 PM
...Stephen Good, a Rivals top-100 lineman, and the #3 rated prospect in texas.

edit...RJ Washington, Rivals #1 rated defensive end...for the entire country!

I was too lazy to look it up. :D

Yea, so far we have a helluva recruiting class coming in. I think we are having trouble getting some pure high class LB'S like Katoa or Brown, also some safetys, hopefully we can get a few.

Curly Bill
12/3/2007, 11:34 PM
I was too lazy to look it up. :D

Yea, so far we have a helluva recruiting class coming in. I think we are having trouble getting some pure high class LB'S like Katoa or Brown, also some safetys, hopefully we can get a few.

At safety we have Joseph Ibiloye, and the recently decomitted from atm: Markelle Martin, both 4-star recruits and Ibiloye a high 4-star.

edit...Martin is supposedly a "soft" verbal though

KHS Sooner
12/3/2007, 11:36 PM
At safety we have Joseph Ibiloye, and the recently decomitted from atm: Markelle Martin, both 4-star recruits and Ibiloye a high 4-star.

Markelle's commitment isn't set in stone, trust me.

SoonerKnight
12/3/2007, 11:49 PM
We'll with and we''ll beat the hell out of if we play'em! #8 in 2008!!!!!!

setem
12/3/2007, 11:54 PM

I can't wait to see Ibiloye in a Sooner uni! He and Markelle should do great things at OU!

I think Dominique Franks is going have a huge impact next season. He will be getting more PT and he is already a great guy!

12/3/2007, 11:54 PM
I'm relatively comfortable in our matchup with WV. But even with a loss, I'm thinking OU coasts in as a pre-season top-3... and likely #1 ranking.

That doesn't hurt recruiting much.

cvsooner
12/4/2007, 01:05 AM
If tOSU wins it, they'll be # 1. They've got a bunch of people coming back.

yermom
12/4/2007, 01:07 AM
yeah, they are really young

Crucifax Autumn
12/4/2007, 01:21 AM
Yeah, but they'll either lose or win sloppy so it doesn't matter. We wein and we start at #1, not that that matters or means much...just sayin'.

badger
12/4/2007, 10:56 AM
Any word on the street? With the t-sips headed to yet another Holiday Bowl and all of the other shake ups in the league, have the Sooners picked up any kids that may were leaning another direction or are we set with what we have in hand?

BOOMER
you called them T-SIPS? Are you an aggie?!?!

anyway, I think this season overall, not just us and our beautiful new m&m holder will impact recruiting.

Illinois is Rose Bowl bound. Kansas is Orange Bowl bound.

Aren't those teams supposed to be awful and we point and laugh at them every two seconds?

Missouri nearly won the Big 12 and claimed the north.

This will help Mizz immensely, because they already have an entire state at their disposal, as far as fandom and recruiting goes... kind of like Texas...

Too many coaching changes to mention.

This hurts recruiting in most cases (unless you are a Bammer and spend $4 million on a big name... with similar results in the season! hehe). Nebraska will need more time to get on its feet, Texas A&M will continue to look for sheep to... um... pet... and others may follow suit. Baylor is not worth a mention, but if Leach bolts, Tech certainly is. Who can replace Leach in the vast sand-i-ness of west Texas?

OU wins Big 12 again.

Well, did it help us last year? I guess... but the other factors will help even more, methinks. Players are now looking at more options in colleges and not going straight to powerhouse schools. We will still get our recruits, but our less successful traditional rivals might not.

Civicus_Sooner
12/4/2007, 11:02 AM
If Leach leaves TT, they are done. Maybe forever.

Ardmore_Sooner
12/4/2007, 11:03 AM
Markelle's commitment isn't set in stone, trust me.

It is dude. According to premium info.

BIG_IKE
12/4/2007, 11:13 AM
None of this matters much. There are always gonna be 250-300 DIV. I players signed from Texas. We will always get our share. As long as Texas keeps winning 10 games a year and sending people to the NFL they will always have good guys. And so will we.

swardboy
12/4/2007, 11:14 AM
I WANNA KNOW WHO OUR NEW PLACE HOLDER WILL BE!!! WE'LL MISS HAYES...

snp
12/4/2007, 11:22 AM
It is dude. According to premium info.

Yup. Coaches went down for an in home yesterday and left with a good feeling. Still, it's only a verbal.

Rhino
12/4/2007, 01:32 PM
But I feel better about it than his first interview.

okiediva
12/4/2007, 01:34 PM
All of them are just verbals right now! But Markelles has been changed from soft to firm verbal

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/4/2007, 01:41 PM
None of this matters much. There are always gonna be 250-300 DIV. I players signed from Texas. We will always get our share. As long as Texas keeps winning 10 games a year and sending people to the NFL they will always have good guys. And so will we.

It matters. There will be 250-300 DI players from Texas and while some will be underrated and some overrated there is a group of 30-40 players that everyone will be after and a few players that can be big time impact players. Winning titles is the main reason AD wanted to play for OU instead of Texas.

I don't think it will have a huge impact on this class because it is nearly full but a player or two can make a huge difference. It is true that none of the teams are going to starve recruiting Texas but we might be able to get the best steak while the others are getting the hamburger.

BIG_IKE
12/4/2007, 02:32 PM
It matters. There will be 250-300 DI players from Texas and while some will be underrated and some overrated there is a group of 30-40 players that everyone will be after and a few players that can be big time impact players. Winning titles is the main reason AD wanted to play for OU instead of Texas.

I don't think it will have a huge impact on this class because it is nearly full but a player or two can make a huge difference. It is true that none of the teams are going to starve recruiting Texas but we might be able to get the best steak while the others are getting the hamburger.
I can agree with that.

Curly Bill
12/4/2007, 03:13 PM
It matters. Winning titles is the main reason AD wanted to play for OU instead of Texas.

R.J. Washington has said pretty much the same thing...and lets hope he turns out to be the stud DE that he's predicted to be.

AD certainly did a good job of living up to his hype. :D

oudivesherpa
12/4/2007, 03:33 PM
Too late to have much impact for 2008, but it will be a big factor for 2009.