KHS Sooner
12/3/2007, 10:57 PM
I think he will.

oudivesherpa
12/3/2007, 11:02 PM
I'd miss Mike Leach's humor.

Flying Scotsman
12/3/2007, 11:04 PM
If the UCLANs committ financially, he'll go....How much further up the food chain can he go in the Big 12? There's more opportunity in the PAC-10...

Blues1
12/3/2007, 11:07 PM
I'd Love to see Mike Leach and his offense drive Pete Carroll Nuts.... :)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/3/2007, 11:15 PM
I'd Love to see Mike Leach and his offense drive Pete Carroll Nuts.... :)I would think he might be able to pull some recruiting successes in head to head battles with Carroll, as well.

Curly Bill
12/3/2007, 11:19 PM
I'd go if I were him. UCLA hasn't exactly been a national power in FB but I'd say the upside there is higher then at TT. Besides that it's closer to the ocean, you know: for better pirating.

soonerinabilene
12/3/2007, 11:31 PM
He actually will be able to recruit good defensive players if he goes. I think he should and will go, and in 2-3 years the suc domination of the pac 10 is going to be in big, big trouble.

brown town sooner
12/3/2007, 11:34 PM
No doubt...he NEEDS to go. He has a better chance at winning a conference title and/or national championship than he'll ever have at Tech. Tech will alsways be no better than the 3rd or 4th best team in the big 12. UCLA has the perfect location and huge recruiting area to draw from. USC is the top dog right now but beyond that there is not a big Pac 10 power. Tech trying to beat the likes of Oklahoma, Texas and A&M every year makes it a tough job. Plus...have you been to Lubbock. Hmmm....let's see......cowgirls in big ten gallon hats on the dry dusty plains or blonde beach babes in sunny So Cal. Sounds like a no brainer to me.

AllAboutThe'O'
12/3/2007, 11:54 PM
His favorite baseball team happens to be the Los Angeles California Angels of Anaheim in Orange County near Burbank and El Segundo, so he can be a season-ticket holder if he goes to UCLA.

Whet
12/4/2007, 12:05 AM
He was born in CA and attended law school there? Peperdine??

Curly Bill
12/4/2007, 12:10 AM
He was born in CA and attended law school there? Peperdine??

Yep.

badger
12/4/2007, 10:04 AM
Yes, please, go. We've had enough ref screwjobs out of Lubbock for a lifetime.

Although it is fun to watch aTm fans squirm at not being one of the top tier texas teams anymore. Whoop!

or should I say "whoops!" :D

r5TPsooner
12/4/2007, 10:07 AM
Fran to Lubbock. Dean says it's 60/40 if he goes.

sooneron
12/4/2007, 10:12 AM
I called Leach going to Westwood almost two weeks ago.

TUSooner
12/4/2007, 10:13 AM
Leach + L.A. = HEH!

I'd really like to see it. It would be great for him, and he'd be a great counterpoint to Pete Carroll.

TUSooner
12/4/2007, 10:16 AM
I called Leach going to Westwood almost two weeks ago.
Wow. That certainly proves beyond all doubt that are a far, far better person than the rest of us.

;) :D

BIG_IKE
12/4/2007, 10:17 AM
Actually...Leach is (5-1) vs. A&M and Ou in the last 3 years.
He is just inconsistent. They can't beat UT for some reason and then they get blown out by Missouri, and somehow lose to the Pokes.

Tech is consistently good, but inconsistently great. You never know who is gonna show up with those guys. the team that can play with anyone in the nation, or the team that is an average WAC conference team.

Personally, I still think Leach will have a weak defense if he goes to UCLA. He is gonna be around the same talent, just in a different state. That just so happens to be another state with a ton of college football teams.

LittleWingSooner
12/4/2007, 10:20 AM
Leach won't last that long in the Pac 10. Too many teams can defend the pass much better than most Big 12 teams.

Also Leach will never have a good defense with his offense. He doesn't have any mechanism in his offense for running clock off. Which will kill him in big game situations.

Last I've heard that UCLA is going after Chris Peterson and Steve Mariucci before Leach.

LittleWingSooner
12/4/2007, 10:21 AM
Actually...Leach is (5-1) vs. A&M and Ou in the last 3 years.
He is just inconsistent. They can't beat UT for some reason and then they get blown out by Missouri, and somehow lose to the Pokes.

Tech is consistently good, but inconsistently great. You never know who is gonna show up with those guys. the team that can play with anyone in the nation, or the team that is an average WAC conference team.

Personally, I still think Leach will have a weak defense if he goes to UCLA. He is gonna be around the same talent, just in a different state. That just so happens to be another state with a ton of college football teams.

You mean 4-2 right? The screw job in Lubbock was an OU win and everyone knows it. If we have Bradford we beat them soundly in Lubbock this year.

SoonerinSouthlake
12/4/2007, 11:13 AM
Id be happy to see Leach go. TT will likely never be a real (meaning year in and year out) contender to win the B12. With that flag football offense they have, all they do every year is present a trap game for us every other year when chasing the MNC.

stoopified
12/4/2007, 01:33 PM
I'd go if I were him. UCLA hasn't exactly been a national power in FB but I'd say the upside there is higher then at TT. Besides that it's closer to the ocean, you know: for better pirating.They have better facilities,more tradition,and MORE money ,I would go.

They are 30th in D-1 winning % all-time.In addition they were champs or co-champs of the PAC-10 in '93,'97,'98.

ouwapiti
12/4/2007, 02:14 PM
do they like 'pirates' out there in la la land?????

crawfish
12/4/2007, 03:11 PM
I think it's a great fit. He should go.

Curly Bill
12/4/2007, 03:17 PM
do they like 'pirates' out there in la la land?????

pffft, who doesn't like pirates? :D