PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Bowden, Mike Belotti, and Steve Kargthorpe took errrrrrr jobs!!!

the_ouskull
12/3/2007, 10:45 PM
http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/cfb/entries/2007/12/03/some_juicy_tibi.html

Do I think that we should be playing for the National Championship? No. I'd LIKE to be, but, honestly, if we wanted to play for it, then we should have won against Tech. I don't think we got screwed out of anything except a month's worth of Stoops v. Slingblade. Do I think that tOSU deserves to be there? No. Hawaii? Heh... Play someone. You made Kansas' schedule look downright powerful.

Anyway... having said all of that, scroll down to the USA Today "see how the coaches voted," link. It's ri-d*mn-diculous.

(Tommy Bowden, Coach Fran(cis), and Drunkenburger himself, also took part in the screwing... none of the six had us ranked higher than 7th... all of them except Kragthorpe had Mizzou ranked higher than OU. Really? Really?)

the_ouskull

KHS Sooner
12/3/2007, 10:48 PM
Already saw them.

Some people are blind to what is happening in college football I guess.

tommieharris91
12/3/2007, 11:19 PM
Already saw them.

Certain others are likely too drunk to notice...

aurorasooner
12/4/2007, 01:50 AM
(Tommy Bowden, Coach Fran(cis), and Drunkenburger himself, also took part in the screwing... none of the six had us ranked higher than 7th... all of them except Kragthorpe had Mizzou ranked higher than OU. Really? Really?)
Connection?

Arkansas sets its sights on Clemson’s Bowden
School reportedly set to offer coach More than $2 million to replace Nutt
MSNBC News Services
updated 11:34 p.m. MT, Mon., Dec. 3, 2007

Arkansas has set it sights on Tommy Bowden as its future football coach, ESPN.com reports.

The school is reportedly prepared to offer the Clemson coach more than $2 million annually to replace Houston Nutt, who resigned last week amid fan pressure.

Bowden and new Arkansas athletic director Jeff Long worked together at Duke and have remained friends, ESPN reported. The two met in South Carolina on Monday, sources said.

Clemson athletic director Terry Don Phillips was in New York on Monday and may fly to meet with Bowden on Tuesday to persuade him to stay. Earlier this year, Clemson offered Bowden a two-year extension and a $400,000 raise, which would have raised his total package to $1.6 million, ESPN reported.

Bowden, 47, is 69-41 in nine seasons at Clemson and 87-45 in 11 overall. He has never guided the Tigers to a BCS bowl or an ACC title game.

Clemson is ranked No. 15 Tigers and 9-3 record this season. However, the Tigers lost at home to Boston College the week before and missed out on a chance to play in the ACC championship game.

On Sunday, Clemson accepted an invitation to play Auburn (No. 23 BCS, No. 22 AP) in the Chick-fil-A Bowl on Dec. 31. Each of Bowden's 11 teams at Tulane and Clemson have been eligible for postseason play.

batonrougesooner
12/4/2007, 01:59 AM
A coach loses all credibility ranking Mizzou higher than OU after the ***-whippin OU put on them the other night.

I've always wondered how anyone can expect the coaches to vote impartially. Talk about conflict of interest.

Sooner_Havok
12/4/2007, 02:08 AM
I say next year, we vote Schnelly at 119, wait, he puts himself there, no help needed, carry on.

Crucifax Autumn
12/4/2007, 02:20 AM
I DO think Stoops should make a point of remembering which guys screwed us and pay 'em back in kind. Unsportsmanlike, but if anyone says anything he can just say "I have my opinion just like Bowden did last year" and be done with it.

Jewstin
12/4/2007, 04:01 AM
The "Slingblade" reference for Les Miles .... freaking hysterical. I never made that connection!

I pretty much forgot what the rest of the post was about after that. ;)

pott_2
12/4/2007, 05:16 AM
DEY TOOK ERRRRR JOBS....

DERK R DER!!!!!!!!!!!

r5TPsooner
12/4/2007, 10:10 AM
Coaches are damned near as bad as politicians when it comes to credibility. If you rank MU ahead of OU after Saturday then you're on the take IMHO.

TUSooner
12/4/2007, 10:24 AM
Already saw them.

Others evidently think it just "adds to the fun." :rolleyes: :mad:

I've decided that I will ever hereafter recognize NO true CFB champion without a playoff - not even OU - unless that team is undefeated against a tough schedule.

the_ouskull
12/4/2007, 10:58 AM
...and the thing is, I'm not even saying that it should be OU playing for the championship or anything like that. If we'd have beaten Tech, sure, but we didn't. I'm just saying that, maybe the system would have selected us anyway, but we DID get screwed by the HUMAN ELEMENT that the whole BCS system was created to try to minimize the importance of in the first place.

...and, as I will continue to say, we ALL got screwed out of a month's worth of Stoops v. Slingblade. [Billy Bob Thornton voice] "I love me some Tiger bait, um hm." [/Billy Bob Thornton voice]

the_ouskull

stoopified
12/4/2007, 11:32 AM
Major screwjob.

kevpks
12/4/2007, 11:38 AM
A coach loses all credibility ranking Mizzou higher than OU after the ***-whippin OU put on them the other night.

I've always wondered how anyone can expect the coaches to vote impartially. Talk about conflict of interest.

I think Kragthorpe already lost his credibility when he got beat by Syracuse.

CobraKai
12/4/2007, 03:12 PM
I wonder what Kragthorpe has against OU? He seemed to be pretty complimentary...I think I had read that his coaching staff had done one of those "visitation" things to Norman one off season.