PDA

View Full Version : What is Your Favorite Comment From a Foe's Board?

stoopified
12/3/2007, 10:33 PM
My favorite is one from Orange Power.A Poke poster says thjat UNLESS OU and UT both fall apart it will take Gundy at least 3-4 years to get T.Boone State into a BCS game.I do not even know where to begin in adressing the cmplete absurdity of that post.I'm thinking that there are missing zeros from the post.What he must have meant is that it will take 30-40 years for Mike Gundy jr. to get osu into BCS contention. :)

sooner n houston
12/3/2007, 10:39 PM
Yet another Big 12 title for OU.... [re: Pancho Negro]

Pancho, are you an 0U fan? Seriously? If Bob Stoops is so great why didn't he beat CU or Tech.

And congratulations to him, he has TWO 10-win season in a row now. How impressive.

Please...

Its just a fact. OU is a better program than Texas is. Here they are winning another game in the state of Texas. Taking their pick of Texas talent and giving the middle finger to Mack Brown yet again.

It makes me want to throw up while fighting people. grrrr.

Bob Stoops has the entire Big 12's number. Better preparation, faster players and decidedly better defense. Those three things will beat you everytime.

I don't see the arms race slowing down with ou winning most of the time. Kids want to go where they are going to win.

OU is just better, period. The difference is systemic. And if we had Stoops, and OU had Mack, we'd kick OU's butt, year and in year out. Mack is fine, but Stoops is better.

Game, set, match.

The ****ing ice cream has turned to ****. How long will we put up with this? I'm in SA and it sucks to watch these guys party it up again.

:D Pooooor horns! :D

SoonerTerry
12/3/2007, 11:32 PM
On several boards..

oh no.. we suck again!!

47straight
12/4/2007, 03:24 AM
I'm telling you, the gift that the Sooners bring me in times like this is.....

Silence.

Just having them shut up is all schoedenfrauden I need.

yermom
12/4/2007, 03:34 AM
My favorite is one from Orange Power.A Poke poster says thjat UNLESS OU and UT both fall apart it will take Gundy at least 3-4 years to get T.Boone State into a BCS game.I do not even know where to begin in adressing the cmplete absurdity of that post.I'm thinking that there are missing zeros from the post.What he must have meant is that it will take 30-40 years for Mike Gundy jr. to get osu into BCS contention. :)

it's more like IF OU and UT both fall apart then in 3-4 years OSU might make a BCS game

KantoSooner
12/4/2007, 04:01 AM
The complete and sweet silence that greeted me as I walked past a table filled with USC fans on Sunday after having them tell me in chapter and verse why Mizzou was going to kill OU.....on Friday.

pott_2
12/4/2007, 05:15 AM

Pancho, are you an 0U fan? Seriously? If Bob Stoops is so great why didn't he beat CU or Tech.

And congratulations to him, he has TWO 10-win season in a row now. How impressive.

Please...

Its just a fact. OU is a better program than Texas is. Here they are winning another game in the state of Texas. Taking their pick of Texas talent and giving the middle finger to Mack Brown yet again.

Bob Stoops has the entire Big 12's number. Better preparation, faster players and decidedly better defense. Those three things will beat you everytime.

I don't see the arms race slowing down with ou winning most of the time. Kids want to go where they are going to win.

OU is just better, period. The difference is systemic. And if we had Stoops, and OU had Mack, we'd kick OU's butt, year and in year out. Mack is fine, but Stoops is better.

Game, set, match.

The ****ing ice cream has turned to ****. How long will we put up with this? I'm in SA and it sucks to watch these guys party it up again.

I second that.

jbbe450
12/4/2007, 12:01 PM
From Hornfans, posted today

I said it a week ago, Bob and OU own the Big 12, they just let us and others rent it out every once in a while. Since Bob showed up in Norman, we've been to 2 conf. championship games, and one of those we backed into thanks to an OU collapse. He does it with any qb, he loses AP, doesn't matter, plug in the next guy and keep the same playbook and gameplan. He loses his starting qb in the offseason, and plugs in Paul Thompson, are you kidding me, and wins the Big 12, if we lost Colt tomorrow for next season, it would take till next November to get our feet back underneath us. I love his approach to the game, might come across as an a-hole, but he keeps adding to his trophy collection, so who really gives a [censored]. :D

SoonerStormchaser
12/4/2007, 12:46 PM
Wow...how did you get 0 posts and post that?

frankensooner
12/4/2007, 12:50 PM
I think they deserve a crapload of spek for managing that.

The Maestro
12/4/2007, 12:51 PM
Wow...how did you get 0 posts and post that?

He's at the corner of 1st and 1st.

SoonerStormchaser
12/4/2007, 12:53 PM
I dropped my green hammer on him

And Frank...all my vCash went buh bye in the Colorado game.

DustySooner
12/4/2007, 02:57 PM
Funny one I read on hornfans.

"So basically Travis' argument is this:

Sure, Stoops has nailed 5 Victoria's Secret models, but he's also been shot down by some. He's got a date with another model in January, but he might not score.

Good old Mack, he was VY's wingman once and scored with a Victoria's Secret model. Other than that one time, he's been hooking up with a bunch of Rosie O'Donnell look-a-likes. And on December 27, he's taking Bea Arthur out. He's got a great chance to get some of that."

DarrellZero
12/4/2007, 03:06 PM
Good old Mack, he was VY's wingman once and scored with a Victoria's Secret model. Other than that one time, he's been hooking up with a bunch of Rosie O'Donnell look-a-likes. And on December 27, he's taking Bea Arthur out. He's got a great chance to get some of that."

:D :D :D

frankensooner
12/4/2007, 03:18 PM
Come on now, even Bea has standards! ;)

auto
12/4/2007, 03:22 PM
Funny stuff right there.

SoonerStormchaser
12/4/2007, 03:26 PM

That's the best compliment anyone's given my wife on this board in a long time ;)

tru2ou
12/4/2007, 03:36 PM
What's the difference between Bea Arthur and an old shoe?

...you could eat an old shoe if you had to. :-D

Sorry, it had to be said.

- tru

mdklatt
12/4/2007, 03:51 PM
And on December 27, he's taking Bea Arthur out. He's got a great chance to get some of that.He's got a great chance to get some of that.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Bea Arthur's offense should be able to score some points.

Jacie
12/4/2007, 04:53 PM
I always thought Betty White was kinda hot for a blue hair . . .

Leroy Lizard
12/4/2007, 08:36 PM
If you want surreal, check out the following comment from Hornfans:

I heard Stoops crying on ESPN radio about being left out of the NC game. They were labeled as some super team early in the season before losing to at the time a bad CU team. Then they get beat by an unranked Red Raiders bunch, and were lucky it wasn't a blowout.

Sure ou has won 5 CC's, but big game bob sure has laid some eggs along the way. Since 2000 ou has lost 9 games when a double digit favorite. That is hard to believe! They had their chance this year and blew it. Just like when Auburn got the shaft and ou got spanked by LSU.

The only teams I can think of the Horns losing too as double digit favorites under Mack is KSU and aggy last year along with KSU this year. Just that one damn game in Dallas has cost us so much.

I swear though, if someone had told me just before 4th and 5 that we were going score, but really struggle for the next 5 years, I would have gone crazy. The college football world has not forgotton about the Texas Longhorns. Good reason why the ASU game is mentioned as the 2nd best bowl match-up. Mack will have the team ready for our 4th strait bowl win and 5 of the last 6. The Horns will be fine folks!

Where to begin... where to begin...

KHS Sooner
12/4/2007, 08:41 PM
The college football world has not forgotton about the Texas Longhorns

Yes they have :D

Stitch Face
12/4/2007, 09:09 PM
I heard Stoops crying on ESPN radio about being left out of the NC game. They were labeled as some super team early in the season before losing to at the time a bad CU team. Then they get beat by an unranked Red Raiders bunch, and were lucky it wasn't a blowout.

Sure ou has won 5 CC's, but big game bob sure has laid some eggs along the way. Since 2000 ou has lost 9 games when a double digit favorite. That is hard to believe! They had their chance this year and blew it. Just like when Auburn got the shaft and ou got spanked by LSU.

The only teams I can think of the Horns losing too as double digit favorites under Mack is KSU and aggy last year along with KSU this year. Just that one damn game in Dallas has cost us so much.

I swear though, if someone had told me just before 4th and 5 that we were going score, but really struggle for the next 5 years, I would have gone crazy. The college football world has not forgotton about the Texas Longhorns. Good reason why the ASU game is mentioned as the 2nd best bowl match-up. Mack will have the team ready for our 4th strait bowl win and 5 of the last 6. The Horns will be fine folks!

That is one bitter glass of lemonade.

Charla
12/4/2007, 09:35 PM
What year was it OU beat the Hornies 63-17 or something like that . I believe VY had 4-5 ints. I know I will never forget that. I think it was 03.

Youngsooner
12/4/2007, 10:07 PM
If you want surreal, check out the following comment from Hornfans:

Where to begin... where to begin...

i had no clue that UT has been so amazing and we were sub par at best going into all those championship games... they were the ones that clearly deserved to be there :rolleyes:

12/4/2007, 10:08 PM
The complete and sweet silence that greeted me as I walked past a table filled with USC fans on Sunday after having them tell me in chapter and verse why Mizzou was going to kill OU.....on Friday.

That was one lazy group of Californians.

soonerboomer93
12/4/2007, 11:17 PM
It's Mack's 10th anniversary at UT today (well today for you people behind the times)

Longest case of the clap I've ever heard of .

their post on his 10 years there

cvsooner
12/5/2007, 01:57 AM
From blogs.columbiatribune.com/football/:

Interview with Mizzou defensive lineman Lorenzo Williams:
BTS: Can you pinpoint what went wrong against Oklahoma, at least for you guys on the defense?

Williams: We just got worn down by the end of the game. I think we were holding up well against the run early. The pass, they really didn’t do too much flashy stuff, just going to the sideline a lot and the bubble screen. They hit us up top with the one, then another on the play-action. But it was nothing we couldn’t handle. Coach (Matt Eberflus) definitely had us ready for the game. They didn’t do anything that we didn’t practice. It was just a breakdown in communication that killed us on those long balls. I was playing defensive line against those guys, and they’re just super huge. Those are the biggest linemen I’ve ever played against. You keep battling with those guys over and over and over again, you’re not really getting a chance to get them back on their heels. It’s tough to beat a team like that when they’re just rolling on you.

BTS: Do you feel like the gap between the two programs is as big as that 21-point difference on the scoreboard?

Williams: No, not at all. Without the communication breakdowns, we probably could have gotten that score down to 21-14 just like that, you know. Then if our offense gets rolling a little bit, that game’s a completely different game. Maybe if they can score some touchdowns instead of field goals when they’re down in the red zone. It was just a bunch of different things.

From further down in the blog:
I reviewed every offensive snap of Saturday’s Big 12 championship game. Here was Daniel’s final stat line: 23 of 39 for 219 yards, one interception, no touchdowns.

Here’s what you didn’t read on the stat sheet. By my count, Daniel …

* Faced pressure in the pocket 18 times
* Was hit after the pass five times
* Was sacked twice
*Threw three passes out of bounds intentionally to avoid a sack
* Had three passes dropped by receivers
* Had three passes tipped by receivers

Do those numbers excuse Daniel’s sub-par game? Of course not. But it’s another reminder why it’s short-sighted to pile all the credit or all the blame on a quarterback after a game. Daniel’s single-game quarterback rating (101.0) was the second worst of his career as a starter. The only lower rating came last year against Oklahoma (92.9). But, considering Florida’s Tim Tebow and Arkansas’ McFadden were at home watching championship weekend from their couch, I didn’t let Daniel’s performance ruin his stock on my ballot.

As for Daniel’s third-quarter interception to Curtis Lofton, I went all Jim Garrison with the TiVo and gathered this much from the play and the players’ body language during and after the pick: I’m confident the pass was not intended for Martin Rucker.

Going over the middle from left to right on an underneath route, Rucker deflected the pass when he threw up his hand. He didn’t appear to be looking for a pass — his head was down and he was barely out of his break — and his deflection looked more like a split-second reflex, not an attempt to catch the ball. Lofton, of course, snatched the ball off the ricochet.

But a few yards deeper and behind Lofton was Jeremy Maclin, open and running a similar route from left to right. I’m pretty certain the pass was intended for Maclin. After Lofton’s return, Daniel reacted in disbelief, not as if he couldn’t believe Rucker didn’t catch the ball but that he touched it in the first place. Daniel wasn’t under heavy pressure, so it didn’t look like he was forcing the ball out early.

Rucker took the high road after the game, like you’d expect from a senior captain, when asked if he was expecting the pass: “No, I wasn't. But it's on me. When I got to the sidelines, Chase knew it was coming early, the coach knew it was coming early. But it seemed like I was the only person that didn't know the ball was coming when it did, and so that’s my fault.”

Lots of talk about the questionable play-calling by Missouri, especially by my friend Tim McKernan over at InsideSTL.com. Here’s the one call I didn’t like: the option on third-and-7 early in the first quarter. Daniel was tattooed by Lofton when he kept the ball and tried to cut inside. Other than that, I just thought Oklahoma buckled down in the red zone and gave MU no room to breathe.

Speaking of Oklahoma’s defense, it should be scary good the next two years with the emergence of freshman defensive end Jeremy Beal on one side and sophomore Auston English on the other and the two monsters in the middle, sophomore DeMarcus Granger and freshman Gerald McCoy. I wouldn’t be surprised to see three of OU’s junior defensive standouts test the NFL waters this winter: Lofton, corner Reggie Smith and safety Nic Harris.

soonerinabilene
12/5/2007, 02:28 PM

Ok, either this guy somehow confused LSU with suc, or 21-14 is now an *** spanking.

Soonersince57
12/12/2007, 03:33 PM
Favorite comments right now are the Husker board. National Champions next year!! :eek:

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23536

Vic n Tulsa
12/12/2007, 03:52 PM

Please...

Game, set, match.

**** YOU SOONERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

soonerloyal
12/12/2007, 06:28 PM

Where's the bane button? :eek:

Jacie
12/12/2007, 09:14 PM
Since you ask, here's a real gem I just found:

Mike_Tyson
5000+ posts
12/12/07 10:03 AM
Re: Ramonce Taylor [re: YoLaDu]

In reply to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

we were still high from the National Championship

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting choice of words.

sanantoniosooner
12/12/2007, 09:59 PM
I can only paraphrase, since I don't recall exactly.

I hornfan I've met personally was re-enacting a Mack Brown press conference which included an apology for farting some, shall we say "byproduct", from opposing coach Bob Stoops.

47straight
12/12/2007, 10:20 PM

The facade is off.

Saueyman
12/13/2007, 12:00 PM
"Mack will have the team ready for our 4th strait bowl win and 5 of the last 6. The Horns will be fine folks!"

How hard is it to win Alamo Bowls...?

BoomerGirl34
12/13/2007, 01:52 PM

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z139/boomergirl34/HotLikeBea.jpg

wishbonesooner
12/13/2007, 03:11 PM
My all time favorite was from an idiot that calls himself AggieTruth over on gopokes.com. He stated that Les Miles would be in Stillwater long after Bob Stoops had left OU for the NFL.
You can't make stuff like that up.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/13/2007, 03:58 PM
Favorite comments right now are the Husker board. National Champions next year!! :eek:

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23536

Wow! I checked that thread out. Jim Jones' kool-aid couldn't have tasted any better. I like Pellini but if he goes 7-5 next year he has done a great job. On paper they shouldn't even be as good next year as they are this year.

Scott D
12/13/2007, 04:14 PM
A quote from a quote in a thread on the Bowling Green message board that we had some back and forth good respectful chat with back at the beginning of the 2004 season. the quote in this post was from a thread on those great espn.com message boards by an Auburn fan.

Here is the first post...

It has just been reported that the Bowling Green coach was paid by Stoops to convince the AD to back out of their scheduled game with Auburn so that Oklahoma could have a boost in SOS. Stoops knew before this season started that Auburn had a good chance of possibly going undefeated, so he wanted to make sure to remove Auburn's best OOC game from their schedule. He also paid Auburn's AD to schedule a 1AA team as a replacement. Little did the Auburn AD know at the time what it would cost him.

SoonerBOI
12/13/2007, 04:42 PM
We all know what happened to ******.:D :D
backphil
Gunslinger

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the first year of the Boob Stoops era where I fully expect the Cowboys to win the ****** game, even though it is in Norman. I just think we have improved each game and we are now playing better football than uO. There is not as much excitement and anticipation for me as in past games where I had visions of a major upset dancing in my head. I fully expect our 'boys will beat the Sooners going away and prove to all football fans in the state of Oklahoma, as we embark on our second century of statehood, that there is now a new sheriff in town, and his name is Pistol Pete!

SoonerStormchaser
12/13/2007, 05:04 PM
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z139/boomergirl34/HotLikeBea.jpg

HELL YES!! (But I wouldn't hit it)