PDA

View Full Version : why don't the coaches rip Loadholt like they do Patrick?

usmc-sooner
12/3/2007, 08:00 PM
man they get all over Patrick, and I think he's one of our best players, yet every game at least once Phil jumps false starts.

I guess if you're as big as Phil not many people jump down your throat :D

OUinFLA
12/3/2007, 08:02 PM
Good Gosh, man, have you seen the size of that Mac Truck?
You wanna get in his face?

:D

KHS Sooner
12/3/2007, 08:05 PM
I'm sure they do off camera, in practice, etc.

usmc-sooner
12/3/2007, 08:06 PM
Good Gosh, man, have you seen the size of that Mac Truck?
You wanna get in his face?

:D

I'd have to get on a ladder to get in his face :D

Charla
12/3/2007, 08:06 PM
I guess they don't have a ladder handy

Charla
12/3/2007, 08:07 PM
You beat me to the punch marine

Echoes
12/3/2007, 08:07 PM
Lol.. Yeah. Loadholt does have his problems. He will straighten them out though. If the coaches have faith, I got faith.

auto
12/3/2007, 08:08 PM
They just reduce his meal plan by a cheeseburger each meal

GoTigers
12/3/2007, 08:09 PM
didn't you see stoop's face during the game after the false start penalty? for a few seconds he was off camera, his face got very, very red. He was probably chewing him out. Face got so red from jumping up and shouting so he could be heard.

tator
12/3/2007, 08:11 PM
False start is worth 5 yards. Fumble is worth possibly points and definitely a possession.

tator
12/3/2007, 08:11 PM
Not even sure how i double-posted, but i did. sorry

ruf/nekdad
12/3/2007, 08:12 PM
I believe its because he has Sam's blind side (don't want to get beat there) and being a rather large fellow sometimes its a tough job and they cut him some slack. JMHO.

Vaevictis
12/3/2007, 08:13 PM
It might have something to do with the fact that:

1. Loadholt never fumbles the ball (not that he can...)
2. False starts are not personal fouls.

usmc-sooner
12/3/2007, 08:18 PM
It might have something to do with the fact that:

1. Loadholt never fumbles the ball (not that he can...)
2. False starts are not personal fouls.

this thread was mostly a joke but Patrick has like 3 fumbles and 1 personal foul, and Loadholdt has the same penalty every game sometimes twice.

badger
12/3/2007, 08:25 PM
man they get all over Patrick, and I think he's one of our best players, yet every game at least once Phil jumps false starts.

maybe they have lower expectations of him? Patrick is our SI cover boy, he's our second option behind All Day. He's our starting running back.

Loadholt... well, is there anybody to replace him, or are we just going to recruit a stud froshie to bench him?

In any event, I'm sure they are getting hard on him. He better hope there's no stud recruit ready to take his place next season!

AlbqSooner
12/3/2007, 08:26 PM
Personally I suspect that getting in Loadholt's face might not be as effective as doing the same with Patrick. Patrick seems to respond to that by returning to the field with an "OK Coach, I'll show you" kinda attitude.

Don't know, but Loadholt might be a sulker. I feel strongly that Stoops is aware of how to handle his players. They are all different and each has to be handled differently.

usmc-sooner
12/3/2007, 08:36 PM
Personally I suspect that getting in Loadholt's face might not be as effective as doing the same with Patrick. Patrick seems to respond to that by returning to the field with an "OK Coach, I'll show you" kinda attitude.

Don't know, but Loadholt might be a sulker. I feel strongly that Stoops is aware of how to handle his players. They are all different and each has to be handled differently.

Oh I agree, like I said it was mostly a joke. I thought it would be funny to see 2 little guys going off on a giant.

Yet it is almost as funny to hear that 6-9 almost 400lb lineman who bangs for a living can't handle it as well as AP. Funny as it may be I know it's probably true I've seen it first hand in the USMC.

OUinFLA
12/3/2007, 08:38 PM
maybe they have lower expectations of him? Patrick is our SI cover boy, he's our second option behind All Day. He's our starting running back.

Loadholt... well, is there anybody to replace him, or are we just going to recruit a stud froshie to bench him?

In any event, I'm sure they are getting hard on him. He better hope there's no stud recruit ready to take his place next season!

well, yes, there is a replacement option, but then we would get a penalty for having 12 men on the field.

badger
12/3/2007, 08:38 PM
Yet it is almost as funny to hear that 6-9 almost 400lb lineman who bangs for a living can't handle it as well as AP. Funny as it may be I know it's probably true I've seen it first hand in the USMC.
some people can be sensitive.
http://www.fluxw.com/dolphincry.gif

Rhino
12/3/2007, 08:50 PM
Some people react well to a good tongue lashing.
Some don't.

It's up to the coach to know which players are which.

sooner518
12/3/2007, 08:58 PM
Patrick's 15 yard penalty is a dumber and more easily avoidable penalty IMO

Collier11
12/3/2007, 09:57 PM

patrick is a team leader and can probably take it better...some feed off of in your face and some crumble because of it

BarryBnds
12/8/2007, 02:25 PM
Kind of reminds me of when Stockar was here. He used to jump all the time then Stoops eventually got him straightened up so well he was a top 10 pick.