PDA

View Full Version : Renting RVs

rufnek05
12/3/2007, 06:52 PM
Some of us are talking about renting an RV to drive out to the Fiesta Bowl.

Any one ever rented one? if so pro's and con's. Price range or a link to a place near OKC to rent one.

TIA

Whet
12/3/2007, 10:11 PM
Last year, the folks in the MH next to us rented their unit from McClains in OKC. It was a Class A Diesel pusher.

Go to GoRving.com (http://www.gorving.com/default.cfm) for more info on renting, using, and general info. This should get you started.

I should warn you - if you get bitten by the RV bug, it could last for years and years!

Mongo
12/3/2007, 11:07 PM
I was looking into renting one. A cab over is looking like the best way to go. The HUGE madden style mobiles are fargin ridiculously exspensive, and I dont think you can afford the bill to clean up the resin stains in one of those bad boys

Whet
12/3/2007, 11:46 PM
That is referred to as a Class C. A lot of the national rental companies have restrictions on towing a car/truck with the RV, especially a smaller Class C

You may be suprised with the costs of renting a Class A from a local dealer.

Take a look at this "local" site in Illinois, for a sample of costs associated with renting: Able RV Center (http://www.rentaladventures.com/index.html)

Sooner in Tampa
12/4/2007, 07:28 AM
We looked into renting an RV a couple of years ago and the cost was stupid. By the time you do the rental costs and the fuel....OUCH!!!

Fly...it will be cheaper in the long run.

Hamhock
12/4/2007, 09:27 AM
i rented a Class C for a family vacation. The class A was a bunch more expensive than the class C. Plus, the Class A is built more for luxury/amenities than for packing in people.

The class C will sleep 8, while the class A i was looking at only slept 6.

i used Route 66 Rv rentals in Claremore.

boomersooner28
12/4/2007, 02:27 PM
i rented a Class C for a family vacation. The class A was a bunch more expensive than the class C. Plus, the Class A is built more for luxury/amenities than for packing in people.

The class C will sleep 8, while the class A i was looking at only slept 6.

i used Route 66 Rv rentals in Claremore.

Did same exact thing for the Tuscaloosa trip in '03. It was a blast! Would definitely do it again and I think it is way cheaper.

Hamhock
12/4/2007, 05:06 PM
Did same exact thing for the Tuscaloosa trip in '03. It was a blast! Would definitely do it again and I think it is way cheaper.

not sure about the way cheaper. i take the clan to destin each spring, so i thought an RV would be a cheaper fall vacation. it was going to cost more to do that than staying at the hilton in destin.

OKC-SLC
12/4/2007, 05:14 PM
take someone else's urine for the pre-rental drug test.