PDA

View Full Version : Chase Daniel competed hard

OUmillenium
12/3/2007, 01:04 PM
But wow, what poor sportsmanship he showed! Anybody heard any juicy post game comments from Chase or has he been somewhat classy?

By the way, should Soonerfans start calling him Caught Daniel? He only got away on 1 play that I can think of.:rolleyes:

herewego
12/3/2007, 01:14 PM
As a Mizzou fan, I wasn't real impressed with Chase towards the end of the game - I'll write it off this time as him just losing his composure in the face of a devastating loss. I do wish he would have spent that energy on getting back into the game instead of jawing it up with the opposing players.

Jason White's Third Knee
12/3/2007, 01:17 PM
He's just an emotyional guy and a fierce competitor.

\
Sucks to lose and he was feeling it.

Collier11
12/3/2007, 01:19 PM
I will give him the emotional crap, but he wasnt "competing" the entire time like mcgee does at A&M, he was throwing up his hands every time someone on his own team messed up, he was mouthing his disgust for everyone to see. It is one thing to be fired up and get in someones face, it is another to make yourself and your teammates look like idiots!

BoulderSooner79
12/3/2007, 01:21 PM
I thought CD let the frustration get to him and it hurt his team. After the Lofton pick, he was raising his arms and acting like what the eff are you doing ? I assume the attitude was directed at Rucker who didn't expect the pass and tipped it for the easy pick. But Rucker is a great player and they needed him to perform. CD should have been the leader and told Rucker to keep his head up, we're still in this thing and we need you. Instead, I sensed the whole team gave up after the score got to 28-14.

picasso
12/3/2007, 01:22 PM
he was frustrated, I can understand, the cameras were on him every second which gave him no chance for a good dig in the nostril.

Howzit
12/3/2007, 01:27 PM
To demonstrate our didsdain, we should come up with a really novel joke. Something about boogers, maybe.

BudSooner
12/3/2007, 01:28 PM
:les: I loved his resolve!!!!!!!!!!

Jason White's Third Knee
12/3/2007, 01:29 PM
IF I was the QB and getting my *** handed to me, I'd have been ****ed that Rucker tipped that ball up. He should have caught it. All CD did was say WTF??? So what?

picasso
12/3/2007, 01:29 PM
To demonstrate our didsdain, we should come up with a really novel joke. Something about boogers, maybe.
I didn't even think about boogers. I was talking about his polyp problem.

Howzit
12/3/2007, 01:30 PM

Oh. Well, then to demonstrate our admiration of his resolve, we should come up with a really novel joke. Something about boogers, maybe.

okiediva
12/3/2007, 01:30 PM
IMO..Chase threw it behind his reciever...but his attitude overall sucked...karma

Howzit
12/3/2007, 01:31 PM
I didn't even think about boogers. I was talking about his polyp problem.

Mucus trumps polyps any day of the week in my boog...er...book.

SoonerGM
12/3/2007, 01:32 PM
the guy is a good football player but has a lot to learn. confidence is a good trait to have, but it doesnt make you right and it doesnt give you rights.

tbl
12/3/2007, 01:34 PM
He was the same way at Southlake Carrol and they only lost 1 game. The kid is a brat; always has been.

BudSooner
12/3/2007, 01:35 PM
Oh. Well, then to demonstrate our admiration of his resolve, we should come up with a really novel joke. Something about boogers, maybe.

http://www.mathwithanger.com/image/High-on-Stress.jpg

"What? he said he liked his resolve?"

toast
12/3/2007, 01:37 PM
he let his emotions "slip away".

Widescreen
12/3/2007, 01:40 PM
I know. Why don't we do something featuring boogers? You guys like that idea?

TUSooner
12/3/2007, 01:47 PM

YEAH MAN!
Cuz, like, I heard, man, that he likes to, y'know, like, go mining his nose and eat, like, the mother lode of boogers. Ewwww. Yeah. Let's rip him on that. cuz, it would be like, waaay cool and stuff. yeah

BoulderSooner79
12/3/2007, 01:47 PM
IF I was the QB and getting my *** handed to me, I'd have been ****ed that Rucker tipped that ball up. He should have caught it. All CD did was say WTF??? So what?

I'm just saying he didn't play the leaders role. Being ****ed doesn't help and what's done is done. Sure MU was in a tough position down 14, but it was only the 3rd quarter and they score 40+ points a game, it's not time to give up. Maybe CD working the sidelines and encouraging teammates would have made no difference; we'll never know. But I really think the team gave up after that play and his demeanor seemed to contribute. Compare that to how OU reacted at TT when they were in a much worse situation and never gave up.

SoonerBOI
12/3/2007, 01:48 PM
He is a fierce competitor no doubt, but he acted arrogant.

Blitzkrieg
12/3/2007, 01:51 PM
Dude has a fire, and that probably explains why they absolutely pounded every team they played that wasn't clearly more talented than they were. Too bad we don't have a few more leaders on our team like that, or we'd be playing tOSU for all the marbles right now.

The Maestro
12/3/2007, 01:58 PM
He didn't read enough of his bathroom wallpaper...for those who saw the dumbest ESPN Gameday piece in history about Chase's mom using famous quotes for his bathroom to motivate him.

BudSooner
12/3/2007, 02:06 PM
He didn't read enough of his bathroom wallpaper...for those who saw the dumbest ESPN Gameday piece in history about Chase's mom using famous quotes for his bathroom to motivate him.

"The thrill of Oklahoma victory, and the laughter of a Missouri defeat"

"You have nothing to fear, well...'cept that Curtis Lofton fellow"

"Today is going to be a day of infamy, and an *** whoopin from hands of the Sooners"

"Its not if you win or lose, it's if you get made fun of over the PA system"

"It's not over, till Chase bites the big one......the green big one"

"There's no crying in football!"

"THUNDERSTRUCK!!"

"Henceforth, you shall be known as..............Darth Booger"

"You gonna eat yer tots?"

Animal Mother
12/3/2007, 02:06 PM
Dude has a fire, and that probably explains why they absolutely pounded every team they played that wasn't clearly more talented than they were. Too bad we don't have a few more leaders on our team like that, or we'd be playing tOSU for all the marbles right now.

Chase is a great player but about as mature as a nine year old.You're entitled to your opinion about what the Sooners need, but in my opinion, you can flush that statement. He couldn't play for Stoops with the crybaby attitude he has shown.I'm certain the same would be said for The Boz by other fans but he doesn't play for Stoops.Use emotion to fire up your team not to whine and be the center of attention. He didn't appear to care for the same kind of emotional reaction when Lofton was giving him hell after the tackle near the sidelines!!!! I also think he gave up tackling Lofton on the INT because he would rather have whined about interference. Or maybe he was skeered?!?! Or maybe he's not as dumb as he appears and didn't want to get smashed into the turf?

SoonerGM
12/3/2007, 02:07 PM

hmm... i remember a real fiery(self described) player that was on the team not long ago. what was his name... bomar?

BoulderSooner79
12/3/2007, 02:15 PM
BTW, I have no problem with OU opponents giving up - good teams have that effect on other teams. My point is that I thought CD attitude was more than just show - it had impact on the outcome of the game by getting the whole MU team down. I would want him on my team. I didn't see Sam get in Everage's face when he dropped that sure TD - he just calmly dropped back on 3rd down and tossed another TD to JJ.

Jason White's Third Knee
True, but Bomar PLAYED. He wasn't benched. He's gone because he broke NCAA rules, not because Stoops didn't like his attitude.

Hell, who hasn't seen Aikman act like a big baby when a receiver has a drop. He acted like a tool EVERY time that happened.

CD was just having a bad day. He's not as cool as Heupel or White, but nobody is. Those guys are rare.

Oh wait. Thompson. Ok, those guys aren't rare, but I still can't blame Daniel. He is a player and he's emotional.

Again, so what?

Collier11

:rolleyes:

r5TPsooner
12/3/2007, 02:17 PM
I am so glad that as an OU fan, we have a respectful and intelligent QB like Sam Bradford, who would never act the way Daniels did Saturday nite win or lose.

Dan Thompson
12/3/2007, 02:21 PM
How many loses has CD endured in his HS & CFB life.

HS = 1
OU = 2
? = ?

Pieces Hit
12/3/2007, 02:24 PM
I think he was mostly aggravated about not getting to eat his boogers.

That was his relaxing in-game "me" time.

Pricetag
12/3/2007, 02:32 PM
That piece was cracking me up how they tiptoed about trying to keep from evoking a mental image of Daniel reading the walls whilst taking a dump.

jwlynn64
12/3/2007, 02:33 PM

HS = 1
OU = 2
? = ?

I think that they lost a few games last year. Probably pretty easy to look up if you are interested enough to do so. ;)

Civicus_Sooner
12/3/2007, 02:33 PM

HS = 1
OU = 2
? = ?
He lost 5 games last year. Did he play the year before?

Wishboned
12/3/2007, 02:38 PM

Too obscure.

Maybe a fat kid joke.

Breadburner
12/3/2007, 02:55 PM
He should tranfer to UTEP the way he digs in that nose of his......

JohnnyMack
12/3/2007, 03:02 PM
I can understand that he was frustrated. It's a compliment to Stoops & Co.

You don't get to the level that he's at without some degree of attitude/ego developing. Guy's been a consistent winner for almost all of his career and when he got a chance to reach an ever higher level and got smacked back down to reality he didn't care for it.

jdsooner
12/3/2007, 03:07 PM
Watching Daniel made me appreciate Sam Bradford!

KRYPTON
12/3/2007, 03:37 PM
Too obscure.

Maybe a fat kid joke.

It's not really a joke, but I was gonna mention that the lower half of Chase Daniel's face looks disturbingly like a fat girl's VaJayJay, and having spent as much time around New Cate / Ho Dome and Davis/Forbes as I did in the mid 1990's, I'm sorry to say that I have basis for comparison. :cry:

Blitzkrieg
12/3/2007, 03:39 PM
You guys are laughable. I love Sam, but had we recruited Daniel instead of Bomar, CD he'd have been our starter for three years now and would own some insane passing records. We'd also be better than 1-2 against both texas and in bowl games.

I don't put the clear lack of leadership of this team on Bradford, he's a frosh. In the long run, Bradford may be a better QB. But we seriously lack leadership when we go on the road and lose to Tech and CU, teams that MU beat 55-10 and 42-10.

Pieces Hit
12/3/2007, 03:45 PM
I like Sam better.

Watch out world next year.

Jason White's Third Knee
12/3/2007, 03:51 PM
You guys are laughable. I love Sam, but had we recruited Daniel instead of Bomar, CD he'd have been our starter for three years now and would own some insane passing records. We'd also be better than 1-2 against both texas and in bowl games.

I don't put the clear lack of leadership of this team on Bradford, he's a frosh. In the long run, Bradford may be a better QB. But we seriously lack leadership when we go on the road and lose to Tech and CU, teams that MU beat 55-10 and 42-10.

Sam was on the bench during one game and the other was a coaching masterpiece. Neither of those negatives had anything to do with Sam. The colorado game I watched our veteran D backfield get totally confused the entire 3rd quarter. The final drive was excruciating to watch. Brilliant though.

aero
12/3/2007, 03:52 PM

Maybe. Maybe not. I like Sam's passing better, myself. Damn accurate. While CD seems to have a strong arm, he missed some receivers (high alot) and the INT was mainly his fault as he threw it behind Rucker. Agree the road has been a problem this year for whatever reason.

C&CDean
12/3/2007, 03:53 PM

And this makes Daniel a great leader how?

He's a whiney little bitch. One of the kids said it best Saturday night when he was rolling his eyes and making faces and pouting on the sidelines. He said "shut up and play you faggot." It was perfect...

soonerinabilene
12/3/2007, 03:59 PM
Watching Daniel made me appreciate Sam Bradford!
Watching Sam Bradford makes me appreciate Sam Bradford.

Stoop Dawg
12/3/2007, 03:59 PM

You mean the pass that was over his head and behind him? Maybe Chase should start hitting receivers in the numbers before he starts getting all upset about them not catching balls.

Blaming others for not catching your poorly thrown balls is being an anti-leader.

Blitzkrieg
12/3/2007, 04:00 PM
Switch CD and Sam, and see what would happen. Daniel threw high because he was being put flat on his asz every pass. Sam never got touched. Give Daniel that much time, and OU would have scored 70 saturday night against that MU secondary. Bradford would not have fared well agaisnt our pressure and secondary.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled with Bradford after the last two seasons, and I said the lack of leadership is not his fault. What I am saying is we lack leaders on this team, that's why we played lost twice and beat ISU 17-7, a week after texass beat them 56-7. If a leader needs to b1tch some teammates out when losing, then so be it.

We need some leaders to emerge next year, the schedule is 3 times harder than this years. If not, we'll be wasting some insane talent, again.

soonerinabilene
12/3/2007, 04:05 PM
Switch CD and Sam, and see what would happen. Daniel threw high because he was being put flat on his asz every pass. Sam never got touched. Give Daniel that much time, and OU would have scored 70 saturday night against that MU secondary. Bradford would not have fared well agaisnt our pressure and secondary.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled with Bradford after the last two seasons, and I said the lack of leadership is not his fault. What I am saying is we lack leaders on this team, that's why we played lost twice and beat ISU 17-7, a week after texass beat them 56-7. If a leader needs to b1tch some teammates out when losing, then so be it.

We need some leaders to emerge next year, the schedule is 3 times harder than this years. If not, we'll be wasting some insane talent, again.

In all fairness, its hard for a redshirt freshman to be a leader like that. Next year, we have Sam with a year under his belt, Demarco with a year under his belt, Gresham with another year under his belt, Iglesias with another year under his belt, and an entire offensive line with another year under their belt, not to mention an all-american linebacker in Curtis Lofton coming back. Leadership is not going to be an issue. With all we have coming back, next years team will resemble 2000 in terms of leadership.

toast
12/3/2007, 04:13 PM

I couldn't agree with you.....less.

I didn't see a leader in Daniels Saturday night. I saw a guy pouting and pointing fingers at his teammates. A leader tells his team to jump on his back when times get tough. Daniels was looking for a bailout.

Boarder
12/3/2007, 04:17 PM
Blitz, if Chase played at, say, osu and not Missou would you feel the same way?

aero
12/3/2007, 04:25 PM
I think CD's attitude was poor and DID contribute to their predicament. A TRUE leader would have been pumping up his teammates - not pointing fingers, taking the blame for overthrown balls and saying "I get it to you next time, be ready" - not acting like WTF, talking to his O on the sidelines about what they were going to do next time they got on the field - not sulking at the end of the bench. Sorry, can't see him in crimson and cream thank goodness.

Jason White's Third Knee
12/3/2007, 04:31 PM
You mean the pass that was over his head and behind him? Maybe Chase should start hitting receivers in the numbers before he starts getting all upset about them not catching balls.

Blaming others for not catching your poorly thrown balls is being an anti-leader.

That ball was catchable. It wasn't poorly thrown. The guy is a great QB and reacted emotionally.

You guys are rediculous.

Oh, yeah... and he eats his boogers.

okiediva
12/3/2007, 04:42 PM
He needs to learn to keep his emotions in check. What did getting all worked up and pointing fingers at everyone but himself do for him? NOTHING. A QB is a leader , the other players will follow suit. If your QB looks like hes freaking out so will the others...

The Maestro
12/3/2007, 04:55 PM
Leadership--when Malcolm Kelly admitted after a game that Sam Bradford went to him on the sidelines and told him, in private, not to react negatively when a ball was not thrown his way when he was wide open.

Not Leadership--leading cheers, jaw-jacking with linebackers who are crushing you, throwing tantrums when your team has to kick a field goal, acting like you are not involved in a play when an interception is thrown, eating boogers on T.V. and shaking your head in disgust on national T.V. when your team falls down.

BoulderSooner79
12/3/2007, 04:57 PM
That ball was catchable. It wasn't poorly thrown. The guy is a great QB and reacted emotionally.

You guys are rediculous.

Oh, yeah... and he eats his boogers.

Everyone's ridiculous if they don't agree with you ? I'm not just talking about that one play; CD didn't respond when things got tough and it was obvious to me the whole team gave up. The 2 issues may be unrelated, I don't know. I've got no problem with being emotional; I would have respected CD had he gotten into Rucker's face and yelled "you can do better than that and you're going to the next time". I had no problem with him jawing with Lofton as that may have served to fire up his own team. He was jumpin' and cheering his teammates when they got the tie just before half; where was that guy when things got tough? I agree CD is a great player, but he has to be a great player for 60 minutes, even when things get tough.

As for Sam, I remember after the Miami game after we let them come back from 21-3 to get to 21-13 a player mentioning how Sam took over in the huddle. Don't remember the exact quote, but Sam said we gotta take over this game now and everyone in the huddle drew off his confidence and inspiration. They scored 30 unanswered starting with that drive.

Widescreen
12/3/2007, 05:11 PM
I'm surprised anyone would defend Daniel after how he acted during the game the other night. Even my MIL, who doesn't follow football, watched the game and told me she thought his attitude sucked (her words). Calling out your teammates on the field is NOT leadership. And throwing temper tantrums is being a punk *** bitch.

Easting
12/3/2007, 05:37 PM
I saw Chase Daniel after the game trying to avoid the reporters...he got held up though...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/2ndright/fail1.jpg

Harry Beanbag
12/3/2007, 06:10 PM

He's a whiney little bitch. One of the kids said it best Saturday night when he was rolling his eyes and making faces and pouting on the sidelines. He said "shut up and play you faggot." It was perfect...

Heh. Mrs. Beanbag said something very similar. I think Lofton is her favorite player now after he made Daniel his bitch all night long.

Boarder
12/3/2007, 06:29 PM
Everyone's ridiculous if they don't agree with you ? I'm not just talking about that one play; CD didn't respond when things got tough and it was obvious to me the whole team gave up. The 2 issues may be unrelated, I don't know. I've got no problem with being emotional; I would have respected CD had he gotten into Rucker's face and yelled "you can do better than that and you're going to the next time". I had no problem with him jawing with Lofton as that may have served to fire up his own team. He was jumpin' and cheering his teammates when they got the tie just before half; where was that guy when things got tough? I agree CD is a great player, but he has to be a great player for 60 minutes, even when things get tough.

As for Sam, I remember after the Miami game after we let them come back from 21-3 to get to 21-13 a player mentioning how Sam took over in the huddle. Don't remember the exact quote, but Sam said we gotta take over this game now and everyone in the huddle drew off his confidence and inspiration. They scored 30 unanswered starting with that drive.
http://mdc.mo.gov/conmag/1997/05/images/intro13.jpg

Jdog
12/3/2007, 06:52 PM
He was the same way at Southlake Carrol and they only lost 1 game. The kid is a brat; always has been.

I was getting ready to post about how all players out of SL where spoiled little mega rich brats - but you beat me to the punch.

I remember how SLD players would bleach there hair white to prove team cohesiveness. They all looked like a SNL skit gone bad. -- Kind of like seeing our SLD kid with his sheep dog look during last yeart's college awards show

Jewstin
12/3/2007, 10:02 PM
Typical sore loser. If something goes wrong, it's not his fault. Classic example of a ****-poor leader.

opksooner
12/3/2007, 10:15 PM
Me too!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21CST175QPL._AA240_.jpg

A Sooner in Texas
12/3/2007, 10:21 PM
He may be a good QB, but he's no Sam -- in any way.

And I'll take Sam and his leadership, talent and CLASS every day.

Flying Scotsman
12/3/2007, 10:29 PM
Sam Crawford???

<grin>

oumommafan
12/3/2007, 10:33 PM
Watching Chase Daniels cry and whine like a big baby made the game Saturday night with all of my Mizzou friends even that much more enjoyable. Even they said he looked ridiculous!!

TexasEx4OU
12/3/2007, 10:39 PM
Leadership--when Malcolm Kelly admitted after a game that Sam Bradford went to him on the sidelines and told him, in private, not to react negatively when a ball was not thrown his way when he was wide open.

Not Leadership--leading cheers, jaw-jacking with linebackers who are crushing you, throwing tantrums when your team has to kick a field goal, acting like you are not involved in a play when an interception is thrown, eating boogers on T.V. and shaking your head in disgust on national T.V. when your team falls down.

Bingo. Daniel has two years of "maturity" on Bradford, but you'd never see Sam react the way Chase does on the field, particularly in adverse situations. Come to think of it, you'd never see Paul Thompson, Jason White, Nate Hybl or Josh Heupel act that way either.

Given more time in the program, and Sam Bradford will end up being twice the leader Chase Daniel ever thought of being.

Stitch Face
12/3/2007, 10:43 PM
You guys are rediculous.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3109/rediculousof3.png (http://imageshack.us)

MamaMia
12/3/2007, 10:50 PM
No great man ever complains of want of opportunity. Ralph Waldo Emerson

SoonerMom2
12/4/2007, 12:43 AM

Exactly! Thanks for telling it like it is! Why would anyone want that prima donna as a quarterback on OU is beyond me.

Jmorales22
12/4/2007, 01:12 AM
Daniel has said his favorite QB is Brett Farve. I guess he thinks since Farve can get in Warren Sapp's face it's okay to do the same with Curits Lofton, etc. The difference is Brett Farve never blames other players on his team when things don't go right, or whine like a baby and throw his helmet, or try to pick fights with other players (who are much bigger) when they haven't even done anything.

A typical sore loser not only thinks it's everybody else's fault he lost (his teammates), but also doesn't give credit to the team that beat them. Did anyone hear Chase compliment OU after the game? Chase showed his true colors saturday. He never lost a game in highschool (okay, one) and doesn't believe he ever should.

Crucifax Autumn
12/4/2007, 01:26 AM
he was frustrated, I can understand, the cameras were on him every second which gave him no chance for a good dig in the nostril.

What I found humorous...in the overused booger vein...is how many times he kept wiping sweat and snot on his towel. Which would be fine I suppose, except he kept going from face sweat to snot and back again. He obviously is self-conscious about being known as the booger-eatin' kid, but in my eyes, smearing them ear to ear, forehead to chin just doesn't really look any better.

Crucifax Autumn
12/4/2007, 01:29 AM
Hell, who hasn't seen Aikman act like a big baby when a receiver has a drop. He acted like a tool EVERY time that happened.

He acted like a tool every time that didn't happen and still does...more importantly he seems to LOVE tools...A LOT...LITERALLY!

Crucifax Autumn
12/4/2007, 02:57 AM
Can't resist:

Chase Daniel competed hard

No wonder he couldn't run the ball...I can barely walk in that condition!

VMG
12/4/2007, 06:49 AM
Chase Daniel is a tool. Some media elements may have bought into his adolescent routine but I guarantee his team hasn't. Left uncorrected by his coaching staff, his "all about me" antics will be corrosive to the team unity necessary to win the tough games that all teams must routinely win to be champions on the larger national stage.

I suspect the less-than-flattering images of his "leadership" will remain in the minds of many for years to come.

badger
12/4/2007, 10:49 AM
But wow, what poor sportsmanship he showed! Anybody heard any juicy post game comments from Chase or has he been somewhat classy?

By the way, should Soonerfans start calling him Caught Daniel? He only got away on 1 play that I can think of.:rolleyes:
he has a nickname, and it is...
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/7629/headpantieui7.jpg

A-M
12/4/2007, 11:22 AM
I think CD's attitude was poor and DID contribute to their predicament. A TRUE leader would have been pumping up his teammates - not pointing fingers, taking the blame for overthrown balls and saying "I get it to you next time, be ready" - not acting like WTF, talking to his O on the sidelines about what they were going to do next time they got on the field - not sulking at the end of the bench. Sorry, can't see him in crimson and cream thank goodness.

You said it for me. Thanks!

Civicus_Sooner
12/4/2007, 11:24 AM
nm

Civicus_Sooner
12/4/2007, 11:26 AM
The title of this thread should be...

Chase Daniel Complete Tard

:D

Blitzkrieg
12/4/2007, 12:03 PM
This is the most aggie thread I've ever seen on SF. Reminds me of "Morency is better than Adrian Peterson" threads, or "I wouldn't trade Gundy for Stoops, at least Gundy has class" arguments we like to make so much fun of. Bradford is a good QB, and could be great in the future, but he could also be Colt McCoy next year. I personally don't see that happening, but right now, Daniel is the best QB in the Big 12 by quite a bit.

The MU boards are dogging Stoops for a lack of class with his postgamne comments, and my response is "If Stoops were your coach, you'd think he was greatest human on the planet", and you'd be saying the postgame comments were no big deal. They argue that they'd rather have Pinkel because he has class. I say class is for the loser to worry about, and I know they are talking out of their asz. The class arugment is

People arguing that Daniel has no class is just as weak. Yeah, he needs to learn how to control his emotions, but he saw a once in a lifetime chance for Mu to make it to the national title games slipping away.

But don't for a second try to argue that if we had recruited Daniel instead of Bomar, we'd have Bradford as our starter. Daniel wouldn't be acting like a puss if he played for OU, and OU would be cakewalking this year with an offense that would be re-writing Big 12 and national records.

OUmillenium
12/4/2007, 12:26 PM
CD did make a strong attempt to tackle Lofton after the reception but took a bad angle and Lofton blew by him...in response to the poster who said Booger did not try to tackle Lofton.

picasso
12/4/2007, 01:36 PM

I agree, Daniel was an impressive leader at home against us last season.
No doubt Daniel would have led us to a victory at Tech this season too, while counting birds on the sideline.

Civicus_Sooner
12/4/2007, 01:47 PM
I agree, Daniel was an impressive leader at home against us last season.
No doubt Daniel would have led us to a victory at Tech this season too, while counting birds on the sideline.
heh, dude's funny!

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/4/2007, 01:48 PM
I don't know that these two statements can't both be true.

Chase Daniel at QB for OU could put up sick numbers and likely would win the Heisman. In fact we very likely WOULD have obscene offensive numbers.

Chase Daniel is a whiny bitch when things unravel and blows up like Krakatoa while Sam Bradford has poise in spades.

I also think while there is something to be said for being a fiery leader, don't think that every leader has to throw a tantrum when things go wrong. Josh Heupel wasn't a chest thumper and I don't think anyone every questioned his leadership or desire.

Jmorales22
12/4/2007, 01:57 PM
Chase Daniel would not have thrown nearly as many passes at OU so to consider that he'd have put up better numbers is irrational. He would have been forced to hand it off just like Bradford does. This is not a spread offense.

kmsooners28
12/4/2007, 02:09 PM
I would be embarrassed to have a QB like Chase on my team. He made a fool of himself and his team.

Jason White's Third Knee
12/4/2007, 03:23 PM
I'm surprised anyone would defend Daniel after how he acted during the game the other night. Even my MIL, who doesn't follow football, watched the game and told me she thought his attitude sucked (her words). Calling out your teammates on the field is NOT leadership. And throwing temper tantrums is being a punk *** bitch.

Yet, I've seen Troy Aikman do it time and time again. Daniel was watching his dreams go into the toilet. I am not going to crucify the guy for shrugging his shoulders to the sideline.

Blitzkrieg
12/4/2007, 03:34 PM
Chase Daniel would not have thrown nearly as many passes at OU so to consider that he'd have put up better numbers is irrational. He would have been forced to hand it off just like Bradford does. This is not a spread offense.
It's not irrational to think OU would throw the ball more if we had a gunslinger QB that is perfectly suited to the spread. Daniel and MU beat CU 55-10 in Boulder, and they threw more than the 19 passes we threw. Sam is a very good game manager and can throw a delightful deep ball, and is better as a frosh than CD was when he was a frosh. CD is a better QB right now.

soonerinabilene
12/4/2007, 04:02 PM
It's not irrational to think OU would throw the ball more if we had a gunslinger QB that is perfectly suited to the spread. Daniel and MU beat CU 55-10 in Boulder, and they threw more than the 19 passes we threw. Sam is a very good game manager and can throw a delightful deep ball, and is better as a frosh than CD was when he was a frosh. CD is a better QB right now.

We did. He was a freshman named Bomar. We didnt throw it 50 times a game with him. And dont say WELL, HE WAS JUST A FRESHMAN WHEN WE HAD HIM. When Chase took over for Brad Smith, he wasnt held back because of his age or inexperience.

As far as Chase being a better qb now, I would really hope that a guy finishing his junior year of college is a better qb than a guy finishing his freshman year of college. If he wasnt, thats not saying a whole lot about the qb or the coaches.

Widescreen
12/4/2007, 04:26 PM
Chase Daniel competed hard

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/6985/valval002ad7.jpg

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/4/2007, 04:34 PM
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/6985/valval002ad7.jpg

Thats funny...because I was wondering how anyone knew...:D

Maybe that is why the don't let him line up behind center.

Harry Beanbag
12/4/2007, 04:53 PM
Daniel being a good player has nothing to do with him being a weaping *********. It's silly to even argue that point.

Jason White's Third Knee
12/4/2007, 05:01 PM
We did. He was a freshman named Bomar. We didnt throw it 50 times a game with him. And dont say WELL, HE WAS JUST A FRESHMAN WHEN WE HAD HIM. When Chase took over for Brad Smith, he wasnt held back because of his age or inexperience.

As far as Chase being a better qb now, I would really hope that a guy finishing his junior year of college is a better qb than a guy finishing his freshman year of college. If he wasnt, thats not saying a whole lot about the qb or the coaches.

You forgot to mention that Bomar was running for his life on every play. Our line sucked. Not easy to sit in the pocket when you are a kid and you don't have a line.

Jason White's Third Knee
12/4/2007, 05:04 PM
Daniel being a good player has nothing to do with him being a weaping *********. It's silly to even argue that point.

Sure it does. He is a competitor. He is also very emotional. I didn't see him do anything that was over the top.

Annoying, yes. Whatever that word is that you have asterisked out, probably not.

Choctaw
12/4/2007, 05:07 PM
There are plenty of people in the Metromess who remember him playing at SLC. He hasn't changed much. His behavior wasn't surprising. Sad, but not surprising.

Harry Beanbag
12/4/2007, 05:11 PM
Sure it does. He is a competitor. He is also very emotional. I didn't see him do anything that was over the top.

Annoying, yes. Whatever that word is that you have asterisked out, probably not.

I guess you didn't watch the same game I did. I personally don't recall John Elway, Jim Kelly, Jason White, Troy Smith, Eric Crouch, or any other QB and leader of their team behaving like Daniel did while their *** was getting handed to them.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/4/2007, 05:11 PM
I think 2 Big 12 titles later we are over it but if Bomar hadn't been an idiot he probably would have put up some pretty freakish numbers as well. At least if another QB came along with his skills we would recruit him hard.

Back to the original thread....Chase Daniel likes Smurf porn.

Jason White's Third Knee
12/4/2007, 05:21 PM
I guess you didn't watch the same game I did. I personally don't recall John Elway, Jim Kelly, Jason White, Troy Smith, Eric Crouch, or any other QB and leader of their team behaving like Daniel did while their *** was getting handed to them.

This will be the third time I've said it.

Troy Aikman. He was a huge baby. No worse than CD and he was a 30+ YO man. I saw it time and time again. I was a big fan of his and after all of the antics, I started to dislike him.

Oh, and Elway could throw a pity party too. I can't believe that you don't remember these guys.

Harry Beanbag
12/4/2007, 05:31 PM

Troy Aikman. He was a huge baby. No worse than CD and he was a 30+ YO man. I saw it time and time again. I was a big fan of his and after all of the antics, I started to dislike him.

Oh, and Elway could throw a pity party too. I can't believe that you don't remember these guys.

Aikman has already been discussed and he has a **** poor attitude even in the booth these days. He also isn't really all that well respected.

And no, I don't remember Elway getting bitch slapped to the ground by LBs and DTs then getting up and screaming at them, or showing up his receivers after interceptions, or isolating himself on the bench from the rest of the team to pout and roll his eyes, or wiping snot all over his forehead. If I have forgotten those things then I apologize.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/4/2007, 05:32 PM

Marino was a bit of a manbitch too, especially on Ace Ventura Pet Detective.

I think the comparison of Daniel to other college QBs is fair though. It was no accident that the cameras were on him so much in the CCG. He came off looking like a punk.

Widescreen
12/4/2007, 05:59 PM
I didn't see him do anything that was over the top.
So in your opinion, what does someone have to do to be over the top? Punch out a teammate? Teabag an opposing db? This has nothing to do with talent - people aren't denying CD is a good QB. We're simply saying he's an asshat and a baby.

OUinFLA
12/4/2007, 06:28 PM
I
Back to the original thread....Chase Daniel likes Smurf porn.

link?
plzthx

herewego
12/4/2007, 10:06 PM
So the Sooners have beaten Chase twice...why still the infatuation?

sanantoniosooner
12/4/2007, 10:17 PM
While I'm sure the coaches and players are working on the next game. We get to savor it a bit longer.

DenverSooner751
12/4/2007, 10:21 PM

Actually, twice THIS SEASON. And once last year.

By my math, that would be three times.
Thanks for playing.

kevpks
12/4/2007, 10:21 PM

Three times actually. He can tie Chris Simms if we play in next year's CCG.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/4/2007, 10:23 PM
While I'm sure the coaches and players are working on the next game. We get to savor it a bit longer.

Easy now..Sounds like your overlooking WV...That kind of pride and arrogance could cost OU the game

Big Red Ron
12/4/2007, 10:23 PM
And now he'll likely never get another shot 0-3 vs. The kings of the Big XII.

sanantoniosooner
12/4/2007, 10:25 PM
Easy now..Sounds like your overlooking WV...That kind of pride and arrogance could cost OU the game
I'm already watching film (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZuO4LgvMdk)

stoops the eternal pimp
12/4/2007, 10:33 PM
I'm already watching film (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZuO4LgvMdk)

Well at least you ve discovered Pat White makes a good cat.

FirstandGoal
12/4/2007, 10:34 PM
I just now played that video for my cat and she didn't buy it.

sanantoniosooner
12/4/2007, 10:35 PM
I just now played that video for my cat and she didn't buy it.
He may not win the Heisman, but he's a shoe in the the Himalayan