PDA

View Full Version : I thought the top 6 in the BCS was a guaranteed lock.

SoonerStormchaser
12/3/2007, 01:02 PM
So how in the hell did Mizzou, who's 6th, get shafted? Kansas is #9, which means that they were ELIGIBLE for selection.

Am I really missing something here? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

o0Dan0o
12/3/2007, 01:06 PM
My guess, Mizzou had two Big 12 losses, Kansas had one, Kansas is #2 in the Big 12 (by W/L standings) and gets the nod, only two teams from a conference can go to the BCS. All in all, pretty messed up though...
Dan

Frozen Sooner
12/3/2007, 01:07 PM
You thought wrong.

Top four in the BCS is a lock for a team in the BCS conferences.

I think top six locks you in if you're a non-BCS team.

SoonerStormchaser
12/3/2007, 01:10 PM
Ok, thanks Mike. But I do have to add something: the top 100 locks you in if you're Neuter Dame.

Nothing to see here folks, just the village idiot! ;)

crawfish
12/3/2007, 01:43 PM
MU lost twice to a team KU didn't have to play. Plus, they beat KU and Illinois, two BCS teams.

They have a right to be ****ed.

TUSooner
12/3/2007, 01:50 PM
There is a 3-team limit on the number of teams from any conference that can play in a BCS bowl. (Did somebody already say that?) Missouri got skrude by the Orange Bowl; end of story

jccouger
12/3/2007, 01:55 PM
The more I think about it the more i get ****ed for MU. It's not there fault they had to play us twice.

OULenexaman
12/3/2007, 02:01 PM
because they went back and looked at film....they saw where KU actually gave that MU game away..couple missed easy field goals..turnover here and there..minor stuff....so KU should have won....like MU should have won the 1st meeting with OU...but then OU backed it up by pasting MU...and then the MU players and coaches are exposed as wannabes...so KU moves up past MU...it's simple really..... so MU got off easy by getting to go to the Cotton Bowl...instead of the Alamo Bowl which I think would have been more fitting for the crime they committed.

r5TPsooner
12/3/2007, 02:03 PM
Me thinketh that someone on the Orange Bowl committee is either a KU alum or Va Tech alum. If MU plays to there capability, they smoke the Hokies.

Jacie
12/3/2007, 02:25 PM
The more I think about it the more i get ****ed for MU. It's not there fault they had to play us twice.

So if they'd LOST to Kansas they would have been better off?

colleyvillesooner
12/3/2007, 02:40 PM
yep

Civicus_Sooner
12/3/2007, 02:43 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong here but aren't only two teams allowed from each conference?

;)

Frozen Sooner
12/3/2007, 02:44 PM
Likely no. If KU had beaten Missouri, they'd have been a VERY solid #1 and with only one loss after the CCG, KU would have been the second team picked from the Big 12 anyhow.

yermom
12/3/2007, 02:45 PM
You thought wrong.

Top four in the BCS is a lock for a team in the BCS conferences.

I think top six locks you in if you're a non-BCS team.

it's been amended quite a bit since they added the extra game

OklahomaTuba
12/3/2007, 03:29 PM
So basically, the KU game was meaningless for Mizzou. Mizzou should have rest their starters and gotten ready for a trip to Miami.

Isn't that one of the dumbass arguments the BCS loving morons make for NOT having a playoff???

So much for that excuse.

yermom
12/3/2007, 03:30 PM
they are still hanging their hats on the the Big 12 North Champs thing

Scott D
12/3/2007, 04:29 PM
So basically, the KU game was meaningless for Mizzou. Mizzou should have rest their starters and gotten ready for a trip to Miami.

Isn't that one of the dumbass arguments the BCS loving morons make for NOT having a playoff???

So much for that excuse.

Actually, had Mizzou lost to KU, then KU lost to us in the CCG, Mizzou would have been left out of that bowl scenario as well more than likely.

The only thing the BCS does is pick 1 v. 2. Your beef and Missouri fan's beef is with the Orange Bowl as to why they chose Kansas over Missouri. The BCS didn't select Missouri or keep them out, the ORANGE BOWL committee kept them out.

soonersweetie
12/3/2007, 05:01 PM
Missouri played 3 BCS bowl-bound teams. They beat 2 of them. They played in their conference championship-albeit they lost. Kansas sat home and didn't play for their conference title and they had a creampuff schedule.

MU should be ****ed.

Scott D
12/3/2007, 05:05 PM
Missouri played 3 BCS bowl-bound teams. They beat 2 of them. They played in their conference championship-albeit they lost. Kansas sat home and didn't play for their conference title and they had a creampuff schedule.

MU should be ****ed.

*shrug* none of the teams that lost their CCG this year were picked for BCS bowls. Tennessee could use Missouri's argument for being passed over for a Georgia team that didn't play for their conference title and traditionally has a creampuff schedule ;)

soonersweetie
12/3/2007, 05:13 PM
I see your point. And as we all know there is no way to prevent all these goofy scenarios we've had in college football this year.

Everyone but the powers-that-be knows the system needs fixed.