PDA

View Full Version : Waking up Sunday I wondered if I was still drunk from celebrating the championship...

soonerboy_odanorth
12/3/2007, 10:38 AM
Because on College Gameday Final and The Sports Reporters I am almost sure I heard MARK MAY and MIKE LUP*ICA both say OU should be in the BCS Championship game.

That didn't really happen, did it?

Somebody check the temp in Hell.

boomersooner28
12/3/2007, 10:40 AM
AND Lou Holtzth

jwlynn64
12/3/2007, 10:45 AM
No, Lou actually tried to beg off of making a decision but when he was pressured, he said that it should be LSU.

boomersooner28
12/3/2007, 10:51 AM
Then was it Lee Corso? One of those 2.

noobalicious
12/3/2007, 11:02 AM
I think most of the talking heads agreed on one thing: OU should be in. They just couldn't agree on who we were playing! :D One notable exception was Herbie.

The writers on ESPN are going on a tirade:

Standing just outside the Oklahoma locker room at the Alamodome was Tostitos Fiesta Bowl president John Junker. The well-respected Junker was waiting for clearance to go inside and officially invite the Sooners for a repeat appearance to his bowl.

"We got the most dominant team in the country coming to our game," said Junker, moments before being waved in.

Not dominant enough to convince enough computers or voters. And that's the shame of all this. Nobody is playing better than OU, Georgia or USC right now. But it's Ohio State, with its puppy fur-soft nonconference schedule and so-so Big Ten quality, that was chosen for New Orleans. Interesting, since the Buckeyes didn't register a win against a top 20 team at the time they played. At least inconsistent LSU mostly survived a killer conference and won its league championship game.

FOXSPORTS.COM:

If all 119 teams play up to their capabilities, only LSU can beat Oklahoma. The Sooners are going to come out breathing fire after having to hear about last year's Fiesta Bowl