PDA

View Full Version : I have come up with the perfect playoff plan

royalfan5
12/3/2007, 10:37 AM
1) 8 More teams need to move up to 1-A for this to work
2) Regular Season is should be shortened to 7 games
3)After 7 games, all 128 teams are seeded into a single elimination bracket
4)Higher seeds get home games at first. Road winners get a home game unless their opponent for the next round also won a road game and is the higher seed.
5)Profit.

Blues1
12/3/2007, 10:39 AM
Where is the Perfect.....??? -- :)

OklahomaTuba
12/3/2007, 10:47 AM
In my plan, we just scrap the entire season and have the coaches vote a top 25, then let the computers simulate the entire season.

Kind of like simulating a season on NCAA football.

jccouger
12/3/2007, 10:52 AM
In my plan, we just scrap the entire season and have the coaches vote a top 25, then let the computers simulate the entire season.

Kind of like simulating a season on NCAA football.

That plan sounds better then RoyalFan's

;)

royalfan5
12/3/2007, 10:55 AM
That plan sounds better then RoyalFan's

;)
My plan is perfectly fair though. Everybody gets a chance to prove they are the best.

OklahomaTuba
12/3/2007, 10:57 AM
But wait, isn't the entire season one big happy fun playoff already?????

We should go ahead and crown the champion before the bowl games, like they did in the days of ol.

stoopified
12/3/2007, 11:09 AM
I have a simple plan that would work.Tell Arm,Navy,ND that if they want to THEORITICALLY have a shot at the NC,join a conference,otherwise no shot.The 11 existing conferences all send their champions to the playoffs.Top 5 get a first round bye,while the other 6 play.The three winners join the other 5 to create 8 team playoff.If a conference does not want a title game ,fine.Let them decide their champ however they choose(confrence records,tie breakers, OUJA board,poker tourney among head coaches,whatever).The only politics involved is in seeding at playoff time,beyond that it is all about football,not deal-making.It gives EVERY team ashot at the title,aal you have to do is win your conference,win your playoff games.I would love a neutral field shot at USC,VTech,LSU,TOSU,or anyone else.

deweydw
12/3/2007, 11:17 AM
I have a simple plan that would work.Tell Arm,Navy,ND that if they want to THEORITICALLY have a shot at the NC,join a conference,otherwise no shot.The 11 existing conferences all send their champions to the playoffs.Top 5 get a first round bye,while the other 6 play.The three winners join the other 5 to create 8 team playoff.If a conference does not want a title game ,fine.Let them decide their champ however they choose(confrence records,tie breakers, OUJA board,poker tourney among head coaches,whatever).The only politics involved is in seeding at playoff time,beyond that it is all about football,not deal-making.It gives EVERY team ashot at the title,aal you have to do is win your conference,win your playoff games.I would love a neutral field shot at USC,VTech,LSU,TOSU,or anyone else.

I like this one. And they can invite all the runner up's and losers to all the other bowl games. It's a win, win...