PDA

View Full Version : Funny End to this Columbia Article

Okieflyer
12/3/2007, 08:36 AM
Season’s ending hard for fans to swallow (http://www.columbiatribune.com/2007/Dec/20071202News006.asp)

Perhaps the only person at Mizzou Arena who left happy was 6-year old Lael Haile, who decided earlier in the year he was an Oklahoma fan - to his father’s horror. "I don’t know him," Haile Ghirmazion said, ruffling his son’s hair and laughing. "He’s just weird."

Smart kid. He's on the right track.:D

soonersn2007
12/3/2007, 08:44 AM
That kid's college football fanship will be more enjoyable throughout his life.

Widescreen
12/3/2007, 09:04 AM
180 yards of penalties
Uh, Mizzou didn't have anywhere near that. We were a lot closer to than number than they were.

Partial Qualifier
12/3/2007, 09:20 AM
Maybe they meant combined penalties.

"Overall, it’s been a great season. We only lost to one team all year, and they might be the best team in the nation," said James Goeke, a senior at MU.

so, the best season the state of Missouri has seen in forever, and they got beat and then OWNED by the Sooners.. they'll be looking back for years and years, "If it weren't for OU......"

that's right, baby :)

BOOMER!

Widescreen
12/3/2007, 10:49 AM
Maybe they meant combined penalties.

I thought of that, except why would Mizzou fans be stunned about combined penalties? Fans are only concerned about their own teams' penalties.

OUmillenium
12/3/2007, 01:02 PM
When you are reading the article, click on the slide show...it has a lot of great pics particularly for Sooner fans!

side note - As I was clicking through the flash presentation, I had the pointer in the upper left quadrant and when 1 of the Chase Daniels pics(ha) popped up, the pointer was right on his left nostril...how appropriate!

cheezyq
12/3/2007, 01:40 PM
In the Jason Whitlock article in the KC Star on Sunday, he didn't exactly accept defeat. He suggested that MU didn't do as well in the 2nd half because they didn't have Chase Coffman or Denario Alexander.

Also, Jeffrey Flanagan in his "Sound Bites" made this lame comment: "Musburger and Herbstreit went on and on about the great OU defense. But Daniels and the Tigers weren't exactly shut down."

The funny thing is that even if MU scores TDs on those 3 drives in the red zone, and even if Lofton doesn't intercept the ball, we still win 31-29 (probably 31-28, considering they wouldn't have gone for 2 at the end of the half). That's 13 points below their average, and it would STILL be their lowest point total of the entire season. And...most of the calls went their way, too.

Widescreen
12/3/2007, 01:42 PM
If you give them all that stuff, you've gotta take away some of our penalties. I think we win handily no matter how it gets manipulated.

Octavian
12/3/2007, 01:52 PM
We sure are lucky against Missouri.

In fact, we've been gettin' lucky against Missouri for a century now.

sooner518
12/3/2007, 01:58 PM
http://www.columbiatribune.com/2007/Dec/1202slideFOOTBALL/35.jpg

Switzer said it best: "If you come to Oklahoma, we'll win with you. If you go somewhere else, we'll win without you"

r5TPsooner
12/3/2007, 02:01 PM

Switzer said it best: "If you come to Oklahoma, we'll win with you. If you go somewhere else, we'll win without you"

I wonder how many times Maclin was wishing that he had kept his commitment to OU during the game.

Outopia
12/3/2007, 02:04 PM
Sooner518, I love that Pic.

Tear Down This Wall
12/3/2007, 05:19 PM

This is the Post of the Year...maybe of the decade. I will make this a poster for my office. Copyright laws be damned!

Jmorales22
12/3/2007, 06:24 PM
What is up with players and fans of that Missouri team? There is so much kool-aid being drunk up there, it's crazy! We are still spinning this game? Maclin thinks they owe us one? You didn't play your best? COME ON! You got dominated.

OKC-SLC
12/3/2007, 06:31 PM
I actually think that was what Cale Gundy told AD.

Switzer said that if you come to Oklahoma, you'll play for championships. If you don't, we'll play for championships.

Much better, IMO.