PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen this yet?

SoonerKnight
12/3/2007, 03:23 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls07/bowls?game=fiesta

A little write up on how we compare to WVU. I have never seen this team play but do they do anything other than run?? They won't score much if they run all night!

Leroy Lizard
12/3/2007, 03:27 AM
They will if we don't stop it.

KantoSooner
12/3/2007, 03:27 AM
Yeah, I just read that a while ago. Interesting match up. But, from what OU did to Mizzou's run game.....while covering one of, if not the most dangerous passer in the country (excepting Sammy, of course), I can't believe that they'll pose much of a problem.

SoonerKnight
12/3/2007, 03:33 AM
I just never have seen them play. They sure don't pass much? I went on their board and they seemed excited to play OU but they were talking about they need to pass in order to beat us. I really can't see them scoring more than 6-9 pts. I mean all they can do is run their QB hasn't even thrown for 1600!!!! WTF! is that? I mean our passing D numbers look bad because almost all the teams that we play use the spread. What the hell is the spread option anyways!! Sounds kinda weak to me! Just ask Chase!!! :D

Man that was a great game last night. That was an old fashioned Sooner Stomping!!!!!

yermom
12/3/2007, 03:36 AM
Now, Oklahoma can exhale. You just know the Sooners and their fans were praying, "Please, any team other than Hawaii." After playing the Wicked Step Sisters in last year's Cinderella Fiesta Bowl story with Boise State, Oklahoma didn't need to face another WAC team.

what a moron. yeah, that is why we were watching the bowl selection show, to make sure we didn't have to play Hawai'i.

everyone knows Hawai'i is last pick, just like the loser kid on the playground, and the Sugar Bowl get last pick, unlike the Fiesta the last 2 times that a mid-major team crashed the BCS party

the last thing i felt was relief when i heard our matchup, unless it was just that i didn't have to worry about seeing the LSU-tOSU matchup that was likely coming anymore

too bad there wasn't a link to comment on the article...

yermom
12/3/2007, 03:39 AM
oh and i'm not discounting the Mountaineers, but we will make them throw the ball. i'm not sure we can stop that offense all day (6-9 pts) but we should give them fits for sure

can White pass any better than McGee? (and i mean against anyone but Texass)

tommieharris91
12/3/2007, 03:44 AM
I just never have seen them play. They sure don't pass much? I went on their board and they seemed excited to play OU but they were talking about they need to pass in order to beat us. I really can't see them scoring more than 6-9 pts. I mean all they can do is run their QB hasn't even thrown for 1600!!!! WTF! is that? I mean our passing D numbers look bad because almost all the teams that we play use the spread. What the hell is the spread option anyways!! Sounds kinda weak to me! Just ask Chase!!! :D

Man that was a great game last night. That was an old fashioned Sooner Stomping!!!!!

Basically, their offense is like what Franchione's was, but with a lot of Goodson types. It's definitely a better version of the "spreadbone" that ATM ran, mostly because faster players run it. White and Slaton are lightning quick. I don't see them scoring more than 17 on us, though. I think we have the defense to stop it.

SoonerKnight
12/3/2007, 03:45 AM
oh and i'm not discounting the Mountaineers, but we will make them throw the ball. i'm not sure we can stop that offense all day (6-9 pts) but we should give them fits for sure

can White pass any better than McGee? (and i mean against anyone but Texass)

I've seen some highlights of WV and they looked slow! I mean I wasn't impressed and OU has a lot of speed. We have size and I just can't see them being able to throw on us and with our depth we'll probably be able to hold them under 20 pts! I still think they don't score more than 9!! If our D comes to play hard! I am basing this on last night! Maybe they were fired up because of CD's comments! Maybe somebody on the WV team will talk trash!!!! :D :D Anyway I want to see WV get dismantled. No way I want to end the season like last year!!!!

AlbqSooner
12/3/2007, 07:32 AM
I am basing this on last night! Maybe they were fired up because of CD's comments! Maybe somebode on the WV team will talk trash!!!! :D :D
One of the talking heads on the selection show commented on this. His advice to Rich Rodriguez was don't allow any press conferences between now and kickoff. :D

soonersn2007
12/3/2007, 08:07 AM
I hope this team goes into this game still feeling disrespected and wanting to prove something..............it's when we are at our best mentally. If we do.........WVU is in store for a helluva beat down.

OU4LIFE
12/3/2007, 09:00 AM
listen people, you don't get TWO guys on Heisman watch lists is they are slow and suck. White and Slaton will easily be the best QB/RB tandem we've faced in a long time. They don't pass a lot, but when they do it's effective. White is fast, Slaton may be faster and they run the option read stuff that gives us fits.

I'm not saying they are going to win, but you better not be expecting us to just come in a stomp a hole in them, they are a good team..and ANY good team with a month to prepare.....

Blues1
12/3/2007, 09:30 AM
Make No Mistake - West Virigina is Fast - Fast - Fast ....and their Coach is No Dummy - He will have that team ready to Play the Sooners..I predict a 20 point Victory for The Sooners mostly knowing Coach Stoops wants No Repeat of Last's Year Fiesta Bowl - But those 20 points could come in the 4th Quarter after 3 quarters of a game Like 24 to 24 - Final Score OU 44 - West Virigina 24 --- JMHO.... :)
Keep Rockin'

CtheB
12/3/2007, 04:21 PM
I hope this team goes into this game still feeling disrespected and wanting to prove something..............it's when we are at our best mentally. If we do.........WVU is in store for a helluva beat down.

Don't know if we will be disrespected, but I guarantee you that we get tired of answering Boise State questions.

SoonerKnight
12/3/2007, 10:14 PM
After a month of talking about our last bowl game the team will be ****ed. IMHO I would make a video montage of everything they are saying and show it to the team. Get them riled up!!!

JohnnyMack
12/3/2007, 10:18 PM
listen people, you don't get TWO guys on Heisman watch lists is they are slow and suck. White and Slaton will easily be the best QB/RB tandem we've faced in a long time. They don't pass a lot, but when they do it's effective. White is fast, Slaton may be faster and they run the option read stuff that gives us fits.

I'm not saying they are going to win, but you better not be expecting us to just come in a stomp a hole in them, they are a good team..and ANY good team with a month to prepare.....

Hows about you shut your whore mouth?

JohnnyMack
12/3/2007, 10:20 PM
Playing a read option team makes me excited. Curtis Lofton might break one of them clean in half. Wouldn't it be cool if ABC had a Mortal Kombat, "FATALITY" audio clip and a cool little graphic to go with it?

Dan Thompson
12/3/2007, 10:20 PM
I hope WVU does not wear the mustard colored uniforms like they did against Pitt.

Crucifax Autumn
12/4/2007, 02:14 AM
Yep...It'll look like the condiment station at a fast food joint if they do!

AllAboutThe'O'
12/4/2007, 02:32 AM
I'm thinking OU will be the home team since the Fiesta is the Big 12's automatic BCS bid and will wear the crimson jerseys. After wearing the yellow unis vs. Pitt, WVU would just as soon wear its road whites.

Crucifax Autumn
12/4/2007, 02:49 AM
So, the field will be covered in our colors! lol

And yeah...I know white isn't cream, but neither are our away jerseys or the "cream" on our home jerseys.

But I still think ketchup, mustard, and mayo would be funny!

OU4LIFE
12/4/2007, 08:18 AM
Hows about you shut your whore mouth?

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/buttons/report.gif

DEAN!