PDA

View Full Version : If we could only Loose one Junior to the draft this year....ok?

budbarrybob
12/3/2007, 01:00 AM
Offense and Defense who would you rather keep?

Loadholt and Lofton

What are your spins?:pop:

Curly Bill
12/3/2007, 01:06 AM
Offense and Defense who would you rather keep?

Loadholt and Lofton

What are your spins?:pop:

Between those two? I'd rather keep Lofton. Loadholt's darn good, but I think Lofton is a potential 1st-team All-American type guy.

critical_phil
12/3/2007, 01:08 AM
i don't think anyone other than MK should consider leaving early.

who else is ready?

Curly Bill
12/3/2007, 01:19 AM
who else is ready?

Agreed, though Reggie seems to be the next most talked about in terms of possibly leaving. That being said I think MK is the only one likely to go...but what do I know...

adoniijahsooner
12/3/2007, 03:36 AM
I want loadholdt and Lofton; but I do think that the front seven will be dominant next year even if lofton leaves. Is Mike Reed still part of the team?

Boomer.....
12/3/2007, 08:46 AM
I would like to keep Lofton, but I think c_p is right.

TUSooner
12/3/2007, 09:18 AM
lose

Sherpa
12/3/2007, 09:30 AM
We won't lose any Jrs this year.

IronHorseSooner
12/3/2007, 09:54 AM
If Phil leaves, we would simply put Trent Williams over there opposite Braxton. With getting snubbed, and looking at a pre-season #1 for 2008, I bet most, if not all, of those guys come back. I would keep Nic and MK. We have nice depth at LB and OL. Not so much for DBs, especially safety. MK creates the mismatches that aid JI and Gresham getting touches.

DrZaius
12/3/2007, 09:56 AM
I don't think we loose anyone.....especially Phil...He needs to work on those false starts for another season....jeez.

boomersooner28
12/3/2007, 09:56 AM
Which is the loosest?

:pop:

A D Peterson28
12/3/2007, 10:03 AM
I bet MK jumps for the $$$-- I can't blame him but sure would like him to stay. I think the rest are safely in Bob's court. He'll do great at the combine.

SleestakSooner
12/3/2007, 10:05 AM
Loose them all if you want to, as long as we don't LOSE them!

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/3/2007, 11:00 AM

who else is ready?

Gresham is ready..but not eligible.

I think MK is gone but chances are good that the rest come back. Before the season I would have thought Reggie more likely to be gone than not but I think he is back now. I would think Loadholt is the next most likely.

as for which junior I'd least like to lose it is definitely Lofton.

Civicus_Sooner
12/3/2007, 11:11 AM
I bet MK stays to play for all the marbles next season. Right now he's listed as th 4th or 5th best WR in the upcoming draft. Still, amazingly, behind Limas Sweed.

Reggie leaves and we're in deep do do next season in our secondary.

Collier11
12/3/2007, 11:42 AM
Between those two? I'd rather keep Lofton. Loadholt's darn good, but I think Lofton is a potential 1st-team All-American type guy.

Well if you count the 1st Team All American honor he has already gotten this year, you are dead on!!! :D :D :D

Curly Bill
12/3/2007, 11:47 AM
Well if you count the 1st Team All American honor he has already gotten this year, you are dead on!!! :D :D :D

Well, there ya go...I can't, or don't try, to keep up with all those accolades.

OK2U
12/3/2007, 11:48 AM
If you could make a hyothetical thread about anything, what would you choose?

Curly Bill
12/3/2007, 11:49 AM
I bet MK stays to play for all the marbles next season.

Play for marbles, or play for millions? I know what I'd do, and anyone that thinks MK is gonna be back here is not thinking clearly, selfishly maybe, but not clearly.

Of course stranger things have happened...

Collier11
12/3/2007, 11:52 AM
Well, there ya go...I can't, or don't try, to keep up with all those accolades.

He was named 1st team by the football writers association, there are still more AA teams to go

Here are all the awards thus far
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104304

Curly Bill
12/3/2007, 11:56 AM
He was named 1st team by the football writers association, there are still more AA teams to go

Here are all the awards thus far
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104304

I think that's kind of my deal, that there are so many organizations that give out these awards these days it's difficult to keep up, to know which ones are fairly legit, and which ones are a bunch of crap.

...what I do know is that Lofton is one heck of a football player. :D

aero
12/3/2007, 12:03 PM
Barring potential injury, I don't see anyone who'd benefit leaving this year. Maybe Load. His false starts isn't going to endear him to the pros but can he correct that with another year? He has a definite problem whether its mental or physical. Personally, I think to move that mountain and get the jump on the D, he has to get an exceptional start, or perhaps he thinks he does. MK is obviously great and will be better but I think he would be leaving money on the table going this year. I think with Sam, the line, and the receivers with a year under their belt, some special things could happen next year. Just think about Iglesias, MK, Gresham, Johnson. Eldridge needs to develop. Could be quite an offense.

BudSooner
12/3/2007, 12:05 PM
Pfffft, I was wondring why there was an Earnhardt thread in the football forum.

Collier11
12/3/2007, 12:07 PM
Pfffft, I was wondring why there was an Earnhardt thread in the football forum.

no crap, Amelia has been dead for decades now!!

Civicus_Sooner
12/3/2007, 12:14 PM
Play for marbles, or play for millions? I know what I'd do, and anyone that thinks MK is gonna be back here is not thinking clearly, selfishly maybe, but not clearly.

Of course stranger things have happened...Dude, this is a place to post opinions yours is no more valid than mine.

Bradley, Jones and Clayton all came back for their Senior year.

MK isn't AD okay. As a matter of fact he could make a ton more guaranteed $$$ if he came back and had a better season, this one was kind of a dud for him. Maybe he wasn't playing up to par because he knew he was leaving. I have no idea.

Collier11
12/3/2007, 12:17 PM
It isnt just Mk and Phil, we have to worry about Reggie, Nic Harris, and Duke(who I think is more likely to leave than Phil)

Boarder
12/3/2007, 12:18 PM
Hyothetically what would happen if we loose Earnhardt?

BudSooner
12/3/2007, 12:29 PM
Hyothetically what would happen if we loose Earnhardt?
I dunno, someone take pity on him.....Petty?:D

Oh boy, the image that conjures up....Dale 7 time champions boy driving for the Richard 7 time champions team.....and wins his first championship of 7?

heh.

Civicus_Sooner
12/3/2007, 12:32 PM
Who is this Dale Earnhart you speak of?

I mean rilly?

Curly Bill
12/3/2007, 02:56 PM
As a matter of fact he could make a ton more guaranteed $$$ if he came back and had a better season, this one was kind of a dud for him.

I guestion your characterization as this season being a dud for MK. He's still a projected 1st round pick, and they don't really care how many balls he caught this year, they care that he's big, fast, can leap, and has sweet hands.

...if he came back and had a better season? That's a big "if". He might come back and blow a knee out. Despite what we might think in our ideal worlds about these guys wanting more then anything to win a national championship, many of these guys look at football as a career, and the NFL pays a lot better then college...unless you attend usc, and MK doesn't.

Collier11
12/3/2007, 03:00 PM
I guestion your characterization as this season being a dud for MK. He's still a projected 1st round pick, and they don't really care how many balls he caught this year, they care that he's big, fast, can leap, and has sweet hands.

...if he came back and had a better season? That's a big "if". He might come back and blow a knee out. Despite what we might think in our ideal worlds about these guys wanting more then anything to win a national championship, many of these guys look at football as a career, and the NFL pays a lot better then college...unless you attend usc, and MK doesn't.

MK didnt have a bad year, Iglesias just stepped up and is now being projected as a 1st day pick, Iglesias has more to gain than MK does in coming back in all truth!

Curly Bill
12/3/2007, 03:10 PM
MK didnt have a bad year, Iglesias just stepped up and is now being projected as a 1st day pick, Iglesias has more to gain than MK does in coming back in all truth!

No doubt.

BoulderSooner79
12/3/2007, 03:36 PM
I think Duke Robinson is the next most NFL-ready player after MK and I don't want to lose him ! (or loose him). ;)

Lofton was huge all year and we didn't seem to have anyone to step in. I guess Reed didn't pick of the D schemes and maybe had other issues. So I'll go with Lofton since we have depth at receiver. But so many of MK's catches were game changers, it's not a clear-cut choice (and we don't have a choice anyway:rolleyes: )