PDA

View Full Version : Lynn Katoa

Ground_Attack
12/2/2007, 11:48 PM
Just read on OU Insider where he committed to Colorado today. I would have loved to see him in Crimson and Cream, but I guess he didn't want to play for championships.

Lynn Katoa (http://oklahoma.scout.com/a.z?s=146&p=8&c=1&nid=2972254)

Curly Bill
12/2/2007, 11:50 PM
I guess he didn't want to play for championships.

Lynn Katoa (http://oklahoma.scout.com/a.z?s=146&p=8&c=1&nid=2972254)

Some kids don't, and so we do so without them. :)

snp
12/3/2007, 12:37 AM
What a weird year for recruiting LBs. In the lead for all 3 top targets and all 3 head elsewhere. ****.

Curly Bill
12/3/2007, 12:47 AM
Justin Johnson might be looking more like a LB and less like a RB huh? Of course who knows how that will all shake out.

Besides...Mike Reed will hopefully be ready next year, Austin Boxx, Travis Lewis, Taylor Hill, Daniel Franklin, returning dudes from this year.....

insuranceman_22
12/3/2007, 01:06 AM
Son of a bitch, I go to San Antonio and have to read this when I get back....oh well, wish we had him, but I'm still pumped about stomping Mizzou!

nolesooner1984
12/5/2007, 04:18 PM
Stoops is in home with him tonight guys...don't give up yet!

Curly Bill
12/5/2007, 04:23 PM

...that being said I'm gonna say we have at least a 50/50 chance.

Desert Sapper
12/5/2007, 04:43 PM

I hope this is true. He would be an awesome addition to this class and would make for a fantastic future Sooner. If he buys the Dan Hawkins lie, he can only really look forward to watching us win championships without him.

KHS Sooner
12/5/2007, 05:32 PM
Justin Johnson might be looking more like a LB and less like a RB huh? Of course who knows how that will all shake out.

Besides...Mike Reed will hopefully be ready next year, Austin Boxx, Travis Lewis, Taylor Hill, Daniel Franklin, returning dudes from this year.....

Travis Lewis is a Senior, isn't he?

Desert Sapper
12/5/2007, 05:55 PM
Travis Lewis is a Senior, isn't he?

I think you mean Lewis Baker. Yes, Lew Baker is a Senior. Travis Lewis, a really fast LB who is redshirting as a freshman this year will be a RS Frosh next year, and might contend for Lew Baker's vacated spot.

It should be fun to see the competition for that spot.:cool:

KHS Sooner
12/5/2007, 06:19 PM
I think you mean Lewis Baker. Yes, Lew Baker is a Senior. Travis Lewis, a really fast LB who is redshirting as a freshman this year will be a RS Frosh next year, and might contend for Lew Baker's vacated spot.

It should be fun to see the competition for that spot.:cool:

My bad :O

KingDavid
12/5/2007, 08:24 PM
...that being said I'm gonna say we have at least a 50/50 chance.

Stoops is such a stud. Get in there, Bobby! Slap 'im silly till he starts thinking straight again!

Curly Bill
12/5/2007, 10:17 PM
Here's what Bob needs to tell him: Lynn, we owe Colorado a beating, you can be on whichever side of that you want to be on, what do ya say? :D

KHS Sooner
12/5/2007, 10:24 PM
Seriously why would someone go to Colorado.....

Academics - OU
Sports - OU
Facilitys - Haven't really seen Colorado's but im guessing OU
Coach - SHOULD be OU

He must have a teammate there or something, or some tie to the school.

Curly Bill
12/5/2007, 10:34 PM
I don't know if it's the case here or not, but sometimes guys want to go where there is less competition for playing time, where they are more likely to be a bigger fish, and to be that bigger fish sooner rather then later. He comes to OU he will have to earn playing time against top-notch competition, if he goes to CU...not so much.

Rhino
12/6/2007, 02:37 AM

Academics - OU
Sports - OU
Coach - SHOULD be OU

He must have a teammate there or something, or some tie to the school. It's closer to his father, who is very ill.

And Colorado didn't exactly use an accepted way of using the in-home visit.

birddog
12/6/2007, 03:01 AM
It's closer to his father, who is very ill.

mmmmmgo on...

Frozen Sooner
12/6/2007, 03:14 AM

Academics - OU
Sports - OU
Coach - SHOULD be OU

He must have a teammate there or something, or some tie to the school.

Academics is pretty heavily in CU's favor, actually.

The rest I agree with.

Desert Sapper
12/6/2007, 08:43 AM

Please elaborate.

Rhino
12/6/2007, 04:56 PM
They sent seven coaches into his home at the same time to pressure him into committing.

Nothing against the rules, but some see it as a very bully move.

KingDavid
12/6/2007, 04:56 PM

O Lucy, you have got some "splainin" to do . . .

Master___Pain
12/6/2007, 05:47 PM
Maybe playing for one of the best LB coaches in the country had something to do with it? Maybe Boulder feels more comfortable to him than Norman? Perhaps the fact that Cu had two walk-on playing next to Dizon factored into it? Perhaps the strong Polynesian ties that his position coach has, along with the other 10 or so Polynesians had something to do with it?

I know people can never under stand why their respective schools are not chosen by a 17 year old, but rather than diss the young mans choice, why not wish him the best of luck when not playing the Sooners?

I guess it's just easier to say that Hawkins lies and that CU used a bully move to sign him.

Desert Sapper
12/6/2007, 05:51 PM
They sent seven coaches into his home at the same time to pressure him into committing.

Nothing against the rules, but some see it as a very bully move.

I guess they really wanted him. Best of luck to him, and I hope we beat the buffs every year he's there. Boomer Sooner!

Rhino
12/6/2007, 06:15 PM
Maybe playing for one of the best LB coaches in the country had something to do with it? Maybe Boulder feels more comfortable to him than Norman? Perhaps the fact that Cu had two walk-on playing next to Dizon factored into it? Perhaps the strong Polynesian ties that his position coach has, along with the other 10 or so Polynesians had something to do with it?

I know people can never under stand why their respective schools are not chosen by a 17 year old, but rather than diss the young mans choice, why not wish him the best of luck when not playing the Sooners?

I guess it's just easier to say that Hawkins lies and that CU used a bully move to sign him. All those are certainly good factors for Colorado. As is its location to Utah, compared to Oklahoma's. Still, there are some major disagreements out there about the way the seven coaches showed up to Katoa's house to pressure him into committing. That's why I brought it up.

That said, with the way Katoa's talked since his recruitment began, I wouldn't be shocked to see him pull a Ryan Broyles...maybe even more than Broyles did. To say the kid has been floaty is an understatement.

Master___Pain
12/6/2007, 06:34 PM
All those are certainly good factors for Colorado. As is its location to Utah, compared to Oklahoma's. Still, there are some major disagreements out there about the way the seven coaches showed up to Katoa's house to pressure him into committing. That's why I brought it up.

That said, with the way Katoa's talked since his recruitment began, I wouldn't be shocked to see him pull a Ryan Broyles...maybe even more than Broyles did. To say the kid has been floaty is an understatement.

I guess I don't really see the problem with a host of coaches going to visit a kid. CU is trying to get back to being a top 20 team and needs guys like Katoa to help get there.

And it's true you never know with these young kids if they are going to change their minds. Katoa has less time to change his mind since he's a spring enrollee. He has to have his student financing package in place before spring semester counts although he'd actually sign his LOI in February.

tommieharris91
12/10/2007, 01:03 AM
I ain't seen this mentioned, but Rivals says he has decomitted from Colorado and it is currently between us and them for his signature.

Rhino
12/10/2007, 01:40 AM
Heh.

Fraggle145
12/10/2007, 01:55 AM
Heh. We used to call that tactic "hotboxing" in the fraternity house. ITs outlawed at OU.

Desert Sapper
12/10/2007, 07:36 AM

Looks like you might be onto something. But BV visiting in-home twice might also have something to do with his waffling. Again, if he's smart, he'll realize that he will have more championship opportunity, more exposure, etc., at OU than at CU. If it's about being close to his dad, why doesn't he play at BYU or Utah? Seems like those schools are in about the same category as CU right now. And they are closer. I think it must be something else. Or it could just be a kid macking for the limelight, a la Ryan Broyles.

insuranceman_22
12/13/2007, 12:59 AM
Looks like its between OU, texas & the buffs now......A lot can & will happen before Feb. 08 gets here.....

snp
12/13/2007, 01:32 AM
Looks like its between OU, texas & the buffs now......A lot can & will happen before Feb. 08 gets here.....

Scratch Texas and Feb. He's an early enrollee.

insuranceman_22
12/13/2007, 01:37 AM

Way to help me stay on top of my game! thx

Desert Sapper
12/13/2007, 08:47 AM

I wonder how much it will matter whether Lofton is leaving? At CU, I can see that he would want to compete for Dizon's spot.

sooner518
12/13/2007, 07:16 PM
do airlines not fly from OKC to Salt Lake? Its not like he would be driving the 7 and a half hours to Salt Lake from Boulder to go see his father. He'd be flying from DIA. I dont see why distance would be a factor... Boulder is a really long way from Utah.

Desert Sapper
12/31/2007, 10:26 PM
After considering OU a little more, he finally decided to stick with CU.
Link (http://www.oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=756600)
His decision is based on wanting to be "part of something that is growing and isn't already there."

Curly Bill
12/31/2007, 10:36 PM
His decision is based on wanting to be "part of something that is growing and isn't already there."

Translation: I want to go somewhere where I can be more assured of playing time, and if we can win some games along the way that would be OK too. ;)

SOONER STEAKER
12/31/2007, 11:38 PM
There is always something growing in Boulder, it's usaully under heated lamps and in climate controlled rooms.

Smoke one for us Lynn because we're gonna smoke sme buffalo when we play ya ext. pay back is a bitch colorado.

ousooners1baby
1/1/2008, 01:34 PM
Lynn this is our hospitality room. Just help yourself!
http://www.weed-pics.com/60513.jpg

GoBuffs99
1/1/2008, 10:37 PM
:pop: :D

Rhino
1/1/2008, 10:49 PM
All school allegiances aside, I'm kinda pleased he stuck to his verbal.

He went from being one of the most wishy-washy recruits of the year to one of the most upstanding, just for sticking to his verbal commitment.

GoBuffs99
1/1/2008, 11:13 PM
All school allegiances aside, I'm kinda pleased he stuck to his verbal.

He went from being one of the most wishy-washy recruits of the year to one of the most upstanding, just for sticking to his verbal commitment.

Alot of people gave him crap over that. Which is BS imo. How do you not pay attention when Bob Stoops and Venables come over to your home to pitch OU football. This kid is only what? 17years old? That'd be tough on any kid.

Rhino
1/1/2008, 11:32 PM
How do you not pay attention when Bob Stoops and Venables come over to your home to pitch OU football. What I'm talking about happened long before OU visited him in-home. Long before CU became a major contender for his services too.

GoBuffs99
1/1/2008, 11:47 PM
What I'm talking about happened long before OU visited him in-home. Long before CU became a major contender for his services too.

:confused: Care to explain?

KingDavid
1/3/2008, 01:47 AM
Poor Katoa. We will now be forced to destroy you.

You can't say we didn't warn you . . .