PDA

View Full Version : "Jesus Camp"

rufnek05
12/2/2007, 10:51 PM
Anyone hear seen this film?

actual quote from the movie:
Pastor Becky: "how long have you been a Christian?"
Kid: "...at 5 I got saved because I just wanted more of life"

WTF!?!?! at 5 this kid wanted more of life. at 5 all I cared about was hot dogs and GI Joes, maybe some cartoons.

It's one everyone should see at least one.

OCUDad
12/2/2007, 11:24 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77017

Put the doobie down.

rufnek05
12/2/2007, 11:27 PM
Search Feature not working. again.

Fraggle145
12/2/2007, 11:29 PM
the home school teaching of inaccurate science was what really ****ed me off...

rufnek05
12/2/2007, 11:33 PM
This movie is just scary. Worse than any horror movie I have ever seen.

OklahomaTuba
12/3/2007, 12:49 AM
How's it worse than any horror movie???? I am sure the anti-Christian bigot who made the movie made sure those evil Christians looked REAL scary!!

Can't be any worse than what's happening at the public schools these days.

Widescreen
12/3/2007, 12:55 AM
How's it worse than any horror movie???? I am sure the anti-Christian bigot who made the movie made sure those evil Christians looked REAL scary!!

Can't be any worse than what's happening at the public schools these days.
The filmmaker clearly had an agenda but, frankly, the people being filmed had to have known this and apparently didn't care that they were going to be portrayed at nutjobs. Probably because many of them are nutjobs. I thought the movie was sad.

OklahomaTuba
12/3/2007, 12:58 AM
A nut job to you perhaps. Maybe not to someone else. Very "progressive" of me huh?? ;)

I know I am looking forward to Mohammad Camp myself.

Happen to know when that comes out??

Vaevictis
12/3/2007, 01:31 AM
How's it worse than any horror movie????

Because, at the end of the day, horror movies aren't real.

Freddie Kruger? Fake. Jason? Fake.

Religious nutjobs? Real.

Widescreen
12/3/2007, 01:33 AM

As soon as a filmmaker decides they're brave enough to have people coming after them with machetes.

SCOUT
12/3/2007, 01:56 AM
Because, at the end of the day, horror movies aren't real.

Freddie Kruger? Fake. Jason? Fake.

Religious nutjobs? Real.
Son of Sam - real
Ted Bundy - real
Ted Kazinsky - real
John Wayne Gacy - real
Ed Gein - real
etc. etc.

OklahomaTuba
12/3/2007, 10:13 AM
Son of Sam - real
Ted Bundy - real
Ted Kazinsky - real
John Wayne Gacy - real
Ed Gein - real
etc. etc.

Great, now you had to spoil the Christian bashing fun with facts.

Thanks a lot. ;)

Vaevictis
12/3/2007, 10:14 AM
Son of Sam - real
Ted Bundy - real
Ted Kazinsky - real
John Wayne Gacy - real
Ed Gein - real
etc. etc.

... and a documentary about them is always going to be more disturbing to me than a fictional work.

Again, real v. not real.

OklahomaTuba
12/3/2007, 10:28 AM
I think in this case, "Jesus Camp" has a lot more in common with the not real than the real.

Vaevictis
12/3/2007, 10:31 AM
Could be. I don't know.

I do know that the premise is that it's real. If you accept the premise, that's enough to make it "real" to you.

yermom
12/3/2007, 10:39 AM
A nut job to you perhaps. Maybe not to someone else. Very "progressive" of me huh?? ;)

so you guys can learn more about indoctrinating children? ;)

Tuba, have you seen the movie?

OklahomaTuba
12/3/2007, 10:56 AM
Watched some of it.

Sad that a bigoted hate filled slanderfest of a movie can still exist in today's world. I thought intelligent people were past this kind of thing, I guess not.

M
12/3/2007, 10:57 AM
As soon as a filmmaker decides they're brave enough to have people coming after them with IEDs.

Fixed.

soonerscuba
12/3/2007, 05:35 PM
Personally, I think that teaching kids that Jesus rode a dinosaur is more dangerous than, well, most anything outside of the threat or action of violence. Filling kids heads with such rubbish will only hurt them later in life.

Widescreen
12/3/2007, 06:08 PM
And teaching kids that they should worship a flying spaghetti monster is dangerous too. I'm thinking the # of people who really believe in a spaghetti monster is roughly equivalent to the # of people teaching their kids that Jesus rode around on dinosaurs.

PhilTLL
12/3/2007, 06:50 PM
And teaching kids that they should worship a flying spaghetti monster is dangerous too. I'm thinking the # of people who really believe in a spaghetti monster is roughly equivalent to the # of people teaching their kids that Jesus rode around on dinosaurs.

I'm 99.9% certain that there are zero people who actually believe--not satirically, but actual belief--in the rhetorical device called the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and there's a whole museum in Kentucky dedicated to ideas like "people once rode on tame dinosaurs." Jesus specifically doing the riding, no. But there most certainly are a non-trivial number of people who believe in tripe like humans riding dinos.