PDA

View Full Version : #44

Will
12/2/2007, 09:42 PM
I though Jeremy Beal played a great game and he will be a nice compliment to Auston English.

LRoss
12/2/2007, 09:51 PM
Really I thought his sack early in the 3rd was at LEAST as big of a turning point as the interception. It was 14 - 14 and MU had a 1st and 10 at what, about the OU 30 when he made a GREAT play shedding his blocker and taking down Chase? He DID have a great game and made other plays as well, but I think that one in particular was extremely key. Nice, nice work, fella!

chad
12/2/2007, 09:58 PM
Beal definitely had a hot streak there in the 3rd quarter. It really was the start of our momentum swing in the game. 3 straight plays where he blows up their O-line.
It was a great defensive series.

KHS Sooner
12/2/2007, 09:59 PM
Beal is going to be crazy good and he is a great compliment to English.

mightysooner
12/2/2007, 10:11 PM
Seems like we always have DE's. I was impressed with Beal as well!

Curly Bill
12/2/2007, 11:43 PM
Liked what I saw out of Beal, and with the guys we signed last year, and if RJ Washington and David King do sign and turn out to be the players they are predicted to be, well....we're gonna be more then alright at the DE position.

King Crimson
12/2/2007, 11:48 PM
Beal played a nice game last week, too. he got his number called a few times.

setem
12/3/2007, 12:52 AM
I don't think he got a fair shake early on in the season...playing time wise.

I was the one calling for him the be the Big XII newcomer of the year but he did not get the playing time I though he would. The coaches said he looked weak in the pre-season practices!

Beal is the man! English is the man!

and Carrie Underwood is freak'n hot!!!

Sooner02
12/3/2007, 12:55 AM
With Walker and Wolfe leaving (is Reggie Smith back?), who will be their replacements, and will that be a weakness next year?

Curly Bill
12/3/2007, 01:03 AM
Reggie is a junior, but some believe he might be a 1st round pick and leave early. Don't have the will to look at the roster right now and try to determine who might replace Walker and Wolfe, but any time you have to replace DB's with younger unproven players it could be interesting -- interesting good, or interesting bad, who knows?

snp
12/3/2007, 01:08 AM
Liked what I saw out of Beal, and with the guys we signed last year, and if RJ Washington and David King do sign and turn out to be the players they are predicted to be, well....we're gonna be more then alright at the DE position.

Williams should get a medical RS as well. The pass rush for the next few years should be incredible as McCoy and Granger keep on taking on double teams.

I don't think he got a fair shake early on in the season...playing time wise.

Who did he deserve PT over? A couple of solid seniors or the first team Big 12 DE? He's got plenty of time to shine.

Curly Bill
12/3/2007, 01:15 AM
The pass rush for the next few years should be incredible as McCoy and Granger keep on taking on double teams.

Yep, often overlooked is these guys ability to command double teams so the outside guys can do work.

AlbqSooner
12/3/2007, 07:54 AM
Beal this year epitomized being a great player at OU. Practiced but could not break the starting lineup. Has to be frustrating for a HS Star. BUT - when given his opportunity, he has stepped up big time. Great things in his future in my opinion. Congrats.

soonerhubs
12/4/2007, 12:11 AM
Bump. I didn't get to say how impressed I was with Beal the last couple games. Wow! This defense is looking great!

proudsoonergal
12/4/2007, 12:15 AM
He's a man.....plus 4!!!! :D

adoniijahsooner
12/4/2007, 12:51 AM
I think in this conference, at least for the next few years it is important to have a host of defensive ends. The front seven will be so good that out secondary will have time to learn, because quarterbacks wont have time to find recievers. Plus, did you guys see Franks on that bogus penalty that was excellent coverage, and i think covering our receivers all spring and summer will help these guys.

kevpks
12/4/2007, 01:29 AM
With Walker and Wolfe leaving (is Reggie Smith back?), who will be their replacements, and will that be a weakness next year?

I am hoping Nic Harris gets an even larger role next year. I'll bet Franks will be a starter next year as well. I also hope to see a stud true freshman come in and challenge for some playing time.

Crucifax Autumn
12/4/2007, 01:46 AM
Beal was awesome, Reggie will stay, and we'll have a lot of d players become stars.