PDA

View Full Version : Tebow Lovefest

BoomerSoonerSchooner
12/2/2007, 09:36 PM
I swear, ESPN has gone on and on about Tim Tebow for half an hour. The second that the Capital One Bowl logo came up and Florida's logo came up, they nearly lost control.

Sure, it's Lloyd Carr's final game but hey, we have Tim Tebow on the phone! How's the hand superman?

Talk about the bowl game guys, you had all year to talk about Tebow but this is the BOWL SELECTION, good lord.

Judge Smails
12/2/2007, 09:39 PM
Did they say Tebone had the best passing effeciency numbers???

What about Bradford???

BoomerSoonerSchooner
12/2/2007, 10:04 PM
Oh man, Hawaii's coach brought up Tim Tebow and compared him to Colt Brennan. He said that Tebow wouldn't be able to run Hawaii's system and Rece Davis was beginning to get defensive for their poster boy.

sanantoniosooner
12/2/2007, 10:07 PM
Oh man, Hawaii's coach brought up Tim Tebow and compared him to Colt Brennan. He said that Tebow wouldn't be able to run Hawaii's system and Rece Davis was beginning to get defensive for their poster boy.
Rece just asked him to explain why he felt that way.

Talk about your selective interpretation.

bluedogok
12/2/2007, 10:10 PM
I thought that was pretty funny as well.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/2/2007, 10:49 PM
guy deserves every accolade he gets...

Sooner02
12/2/2007, 10:54 PM
Anyone notice how little talk the Fiesta Bowl has gotten? I think about every other coach from other BCS games have been on the show too, but I've watched most of this show and even have seen repeats of coach interviews, but nothing from Stoops or Rodriguez. Am I missing something?

IronSooner
12/2/2007, 11:04 PM
Yeah I got a kick out of that too. Fiesta Bowl got about 1 minute of coverage. Funny. Screw 'em.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/2/2007, 11:10 PM
It seems to me the ESPN crew has trouble REALLY getting behind OU, and in a way I can't fault them. One of them(I forget who it was, but I think it was Herbstreit) was saying something like OU could be hard to beat IF they are healthy, IF they have the proper attitude and respect their opponent, and IF they are hungry to win. I think they still have memories of last yr's Boise State game, as well as the 3 brain-dead games we played this year.

KC//CRIMSON
12/2/2007, 11:13 PM
guy deserves every accolade he gets...

Word. Tebow is a bad *ss.

Frozen Sooner
12/2/2007, 11:15 PM
Let's see. A guy who couldn't start at CU vs. a guy who has 51 TDs in an excellent conference.

Yeah, I'm not going with the sexual predator on this one. Tim Tebow could fire footballs out of his bunghole and put up big numbers in Hawai'i's system.

Curly Bill
12/2/2007, 11:19 PM
Not a big Tebow fan, because he doesn't play for OU, but he's probably the best college footballer in the country, so if ESPN wants to talk about him I got no problem with it.

bluedogok
12/2/2007, 11:32 PM
I still think McFadden is the most talented player but he was saddled with a Nutt. Tebow is deserving, you score that many TD's in a season both running and passing, it is a phenomenal season. I can think of some much less deserving winners in the past.

jrsooner
12/3/2007, 12:22 AM
I swear, ESPN has gone on and on about Tim Tebow for half an hour.Personally, I thought they were all going to "dirty" their pants when the Hawaii coach said Tebow was only good in a particular "system". HA! They spent about 20 minutes defending Tebow! You gotta love it. Mangino got press time but no OU press time?

Sooner02
12/3/2007, 12:51 AM
Even with no coach air time, they could have analyzed our game at a minimum, not that it really matters, but I was interested to hear some opinion on the matchup. Even non-BCS games got a lot more discussion, I thought it was weird, but then again it's ESPN.

BoomerSoonerSchooner
12/3/2007, 01:52 AM
Personally, I thought they were all going to "dirty" their pants when the Hawaii coach said Tebow was only good in a particular "system". HA! They spent about 20 minutes defending Tebow! You gotta love it. Mangino got press time but no OU press time?

Agreed.

BoomerSoonerSchooner
12/3/2007, 01:53 AM
Word. Tebow is a bad *ss.

I will admit, Tebow is quite a player. But just hearing about him for hours and hours this football season has made me dislike him. Sad thing is, he's gonna be back next year. :(

12/3/2007, 01:57 AM
He is like notre dame and usuc compressed into a single individual.

Frozen Sooner
12/3/2007, 03:02 AM
He is like notre dame and usuc compressed into a single individual.

Heh. He has more rushing and throwing TDs than all of Notre Dame and USC's QBs combined.

He's also scored more offensive TDs than USC has-and nine fewer than Notre Dame and USC combined.

12/3/2007, 11:29 AM
Heh. He has more rushing and throwing TDs than all of Notre Dame and USC's QBs combined.

He's also scored more offensive TDs than USC has-and nine fewer than Notre Dame and USC combined.The point is the excessive and nauseating media attention he gets, not that he's a good football player.

The Maestro
12/3/2007, 11:32 AM
People, just remember what network airs the Heisman presentation. It will help you understand the Tebow lovefest...and the guy is an all out stud at football.

sooner518
12/3/2007, 11:34 AM
Funniest thing I saw on TV Saturday:

The end of College Gameday, Lee Corso giving Tebow a hummer about how his stats are unprecedented in the history of college football because he has 51 combined rushing/passing TD's this year. Literally, 10 minutes later during the Tulsa game, they show Paul Smith's numbers: 51 combined TD's this year (54 after Saturday)

I think Tebow should win the Heisman, but I just thought that was quite humorous.

sanantoniosooner
12/3/2007, 12:17 PM
On a high note..........we are no longer obsessed with Jared Zebransky.

KC//CRIMSON
12/3/2007, 12:30 PM
On a high note..........they're no longer obsessed with Chase Daniel.

Scott D
12/3/2007, 04:41 PM
Let's see. A guy who couldn't start at CU vs. a guy who has 51 TDs in an excellent conference.

Yeah, I'm not going with the sexual predator on this one. Tim Tebow could fire footballs out of his bunghole and put up big numbers in Hawai'i's system.

actually it got better this afternoon on College Football Live when they replayed the exchange, and then Jesse Palmer chimed in saying that any sort of putting down another candidate for the award in an attempt to promote your player was bush league. He then went on and commented that Brennan was as much of a system QB as Tebow, because Brennan couldn't run the physical running style of offense than Florida runs. It caused me to chuckle.