PDA

View Full Version : Am I crazy now? Told you so.....Alan Patrick

brown town sooner
12/2/2007, 09:22 PM
A couple of weeks ago when OU got beat by Tech I started a thread about Wilson saying the reason AP didn't play RB the rest of the game was because he fumbled in the first series. I argued that AP should have had a 2nd chance because Bradford went down and the NC was on the line. Also, Patrick seems to run "mad" when he's been reprimanded or has screwed up. Yestrday was an example of this...he got the personal foul call...got literally RIPPED by Stoops and Gundy then Gundy and Stoops again on national television and promptly went out and hit Missouri in the mouth. A lot of guys came on here and said that AP fumbles too much and that I was crazy about what I said. Just thought I would pat my own back since AP has proven to be T-H-E Man the last two weeks. :D

hyoctane23
12/2/2007, 10:04 PM
Yeah, I was pretty proud of seeing him yesterday. I just loved that one run he had where he broke loose. Just one tackle away from 6! Going to miss the guy when he leaves.

hyoctane23
12/2/2007, 10:11 PM
Crap, double post..

AzianSooner
12/2/2007, 10:18 PM
you will have one more chance to see him "run mad" under sooner uniform.

bluedogok
12/2/2007, 10:26 PM
Maybe not playing RB the rest of the game motivated him to finish the way that he has. At the time both Murray and Brown were playing better than Patrick. Sitting him down for a series may not have sent the same message. I heard something to this effect from BBs or Trent (I think) during the OSU game.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/2/2007, 10:30 PM
Yeah good call Traber

KHS Sooner
12/2/2007, 10:35 PM
Our guy's are going to play harder than they played in the big 12 championship.

When you play with all you got you get the breath knocked out of you etc. Thats what happened to them in the Big 12 Championship

OK2U
12/2/2007, 11:52 PM
Not having Murray gives AP more carries -- it takes him 10 or 15 to get in a rhythm. Spitting between 3 backs never allowed this to happen cause he didn't have a chance to get hot.
AD was similar. He'd explode in the 2nd half.

MI Sooner
12/3/2007, 12:09 AM
got literally RIPPED by Stoops and Gundy

Anyone got a link to this on YouTube? Was he literally ripped a "new one," or was it kind of an Indian Burn on the arm skin-rip type of thing?

Echoes
12/3/2007, 12:37 AM
"Yeah Good Call Traber"

haha.. made me smile!

brown town sooner
12/3/2007, 07:40 PM
Thanks....if I get compared to Traber then I must not be too far off base. I don't often give it up to myself gentleman but in this case....I'm giving it up to myself. With all due respect...I have to disagree with the thought that AP doesn't get going until after 15 or 16 carries. The whole point behind my post was to bring to light the fact that AP was benched in the Tech game and not allowed back in EVEN after Bradford went down and the NC opportunity was on the line. I understand why he got benched and I'm not totally disagreeing with the policy but again, my question is...at what point does "policy" get in the way of possible victory? Granted...Murray was healthy and Brown was his usual self, however, my argument has been and will continue to be that AP should have gotten another chance in that game because I believe he is a better back when he runs "pi$$ed off." Doen'st matter now...it's on to WV but just wonder what might have been had AP gotten a second chance to run the ball against Tech instead of sitting on the bench while Halzle tried to mount a come back.

brown town sooner
12/3/2007, 07:40 PM
Thanks....if I get compared to Traber then I must not be too far off base. I don't often give it up to myself gentleman but in this case....I'm giving it up to myself. With all due respect...I have to disagree with the thought that AP doesn't get going until after 15 or 16 carries. The whole point behind my post was to bring to light the fact that AP was benched in the Tech game and not allowed back in EVEN after Bradford went down and the NC opportunity was on the line. I understand why he got benched and I'm not totally disagreeing with the policy but again, my question is...at what point does "policy" get in the way of possible victory? Granted...Murray was healthy and Brown was his usual self, however, my argument has been and will continue to be that AP should have gotten another chance in that game because I believe he is a better back when he runs "pi$$ed off." Doen'st matter now...it's on to WV but just wonder what might have been had AP gotten a second chance to run the ball against Tech instead of sitting on the bench while Halzle tried to mount a come back.

badger
12/3/2007, 08:28 PM
GO ALAN PATRICK!

Wait... who's Alan Patrick? Is he AD? But then wouldn't his name be Alan Datrick... or would his nickname be AP?

So confused...

:rolleyes:

brown town sooner
12/4/2007, 02:23 PM
huh?

OUmillenium
12/4/2007, 02:28 PM
Why are is he called AD if his initials are AP? ;>

fadada1
12/4/2007, 02:39 PM
does anyone know if ENA has a ringtone available??

OK2U
12/4/2007, 02:45 PM
ENA, it's in the game.

Sooner FLiP
12/4/2007, 02:46 PM
Anyone got a link to this on YouTube? Was he literally ripped a "new one," or was it kind of an Indian Burn on the arm skin-rip type of thing?

it was a pretty good tongue lashing. both stoops and gundy were yelling at him. at one point stoops stopped and gundy kept on going. he was extremely red and someone had to pull him away from AP.

BoulderSooner79
12/4/2007, 02:48 PM
AP has had a couple of outstanding games. But I disagree that any RB rotation would have salvaged the TT game. The only thing thing that would have changed the game was for Joey to get going earlier in the passing game; tough to do with few snaps during the week. Also remember that AP was not playing well for several games during that stretch while Murray was. But I would not have benched AP for the entire game either. I like the fact that Stoops got all over AP after the personal foul call in the CCG. It shows the whole team that expectations remain high all the time, even for seniors. The personal foul call against Duke Robinson early in the TT game was a *killer*. It caused a 3 and out and allowed the TT offense to get into rhythm. Joey needed the snaps to get comfortable and we needed some points.

tator
12/4/2007, 04:37 PM
I disagree that anyone has some sort of crystal ball to know that the game would have gone one way or other under different circumstances.

I don't really understand what you are saying "I told you so" about. Are you saying that you know for a fact that the TT game would have been a win if Patrick had more carries? And you're basing this on the fact that he has played well since?

brown town sooner
12/5/2007, 12:06 AM
NO....I'm not saying Patrick would have been the difference maker and would have won the game. I'm saying that he should have atleast been given a chance to get back in there to see if he could provide a "spark" to get the team going. Senior running back, runs like a mad man when he's pi$$ed off and he doesn't see the field again from the backfield because of policy. He did play special teams and was a MAN. How many times have you seen players come in off of the bench and go ape sh@# for some reason and become difference makers. The "I told you so" comment was directed at all of the guys who started piling on me after I questioned why Patrick did'nt get to play any more. They all pretty much said Murray and Brown were better backs than Patrick. I'll give you Murray but not Brown in my opinon. Patrick has been the best back the last two weeks and I think it's because he's been pi$$ed that he's screwed up and has about let this senior year get away from him without making the kind of noise he was expected to make. IMHO

BoulderSooner79
12/5/2007, 12:48 AM
As I said, I would not have benched AP the whole game. But who knows with Stoops and company, there may have been something else going on. I was totally perplexed at Murray barely playing in the first MU game after the monster UT game he had. I read later he injured his foot in the UT game and it bothered him for a couple of weeks. It could be AP was injured or maybe he was in Stoop's doghouse for something else.