PDA

View Full Version : Humans vs. Computers

cheezyq
12/2/2007, 09:19 PM
I know there is great debate about which should have more weight in the BCS - the Humans or the Computers. But one thing's for sure, at least the Computers rank teams based on some sort of logic.

Case in point:
http://www.harrisinteractive.com/news/newsletters/bcsnews/HICFP_Individual_Rankings_Dec_2_2007.pdf

Two voters have MU ranked ahead of OU. Various other mind-boggling votes occur with other teams as well, but it all just accentuates the point.

We weren't great in the computers this year, which is fine. Although, as it's been pointed out before, if the influential BCS people didn't monkey with the computer formulas and screw them all up, we'd be #1 in the computers this year, too. Stupid humans.

Yeah, I'm bitter. :D

Oh well, time to beat the ever-lovin' snot out of WV.

OK2LA
12/2/2007, 09:24 PM
I loved The Terminator.

TUSooner
12/2/2007, 09:43 PM
I used to give the computers (or their programmers) some credit for logic, too. But when OU beats MU TWICE, the latter being on a neutral field, and MU is STILLl rated higher, I conclude the computers is a azs.

SoonerLB
12/2/2007, 09:53 PM
Computers didn't watch the game Sat. night. Stupid machines! ;)
And we're gonna beat more than the snot out of WV! :)

Ike
12/2/2007, 10:10 PM
Part of the reason is that the computers have been tweaked into uselessness anymore.

Crucifax Autumn
12/2/2007, 10:12 PM
The idea that either a computer or a human would put Misery ahead of us is ridiculous!

Stitch Face
12/2/2007, 10:16 PM
Humans vs Computers in the Nat'l Championship game!