PDA

View Full Version : Boycott Watching the BCS Championship Game

PLaw
12/2/2007, 08:25 PM
Enough said. Time for the fans to make a statement. If only the state of Ohio and Louisiana watch, then ratings should be pretty remarkably low. Ratings and subsequent ad cash flow will ultimately bring change to this pitiful system.

BOOMER

Youngsooner
12/2/2007, 08:28 PM
I'm IN

SOONER

sanantoniosooner
boycott posting on the internet while you are at it.

:rolleyes:

cheezyq
Done....from this Sooner fan, anyway.

Jack T.
12/2/2007, 08:40 PM
I didn't watch the last one. . .but that was just because after our game I couldn't stomach any more football. For months.

FirstandGoal
12/2/2007, 08:42 PM
While this may sound good in theory, there is no way as a CF fan I will be able to not see this game.

I was able to suck it up 2 years ago to watch the VY show. After that, this will be a cakewalk.

nBoSTP
12/2/2007, 09:02 PM
I am in. I dont like seeing any games from america's toilet bowl New Orleans anyway.

MextheBulldog
12/2/2007, 09:05 PM
While this may sound good in theory, there is no way as a CF fan I will be able to not see this game.

I was able to suck it up 2 years ago to watch the VY show. After that, this will be a cakewalk.

Good point. Watching SUC and texass for #1 was as painful as ...help me here crucifux??

Egeo
12/2/2007, 09:05 PM
i want to boycott all the bcs games right now...

i probably wont have the strength to do it in a month.

this is a nightmare....
mizzou has a better cpu rank than us - lmao

soonerfaninfla
12/2/2007, 09:10 PM
I completely agree with you, before seeing your post, I had already decided not to watch this game. I can only hope that the BCS will realize down the road what a joke this is

Jewstin
12/2/2007, 09:12 PM
I didn't watch the BCS title game last year, either.

I am relatively certain I won't this year. Although if LSU loses, I'll be sure to tune in for the Les Miles post game meltdown.

TUSooner
12/2/2007, 09:20 PM
I'll probably take a look from time-to-time until it's obvious to all that OhSU shouldn't be there.
But wait - Herbstreit said this is the game "everybody" wanted ! (If he's right, "everybody is a azs.")

Leroy Lizard
12/2/2007, 09:22 PM
You are going to watch the game, and you know it.

OK2LA
12/2/2007, 09:23 PM
I am so ****ed, I'm going to boycott watching our game

LSUdeek
12/2/2007, 09:29 PM
I'll probably take a look from time-to-time until it's obvious to all that OhSU shouldn't be there.
But wait - Herbstreit said this is the game "everybody" wanted ! (If he's right, "everybody is a azs.")

Lies, you'll be in the building :O :D

tbl
12/2/2007, 09:45 PM
If I lived in a Nielsen household, maybe... but then I'd probably just go somewhere else and watch it. I want to see LSU lose almost as much as I want OU to win. I'll have my LSU freak brother in law in the house with me and nothing will please me more than for LSU to lose, then go downstairs, strap on the gloves, and beat the crap out of him.

Crucifax Autumn
12/2/2007, 10:19 PM
Good point. Watching SUC and texass for #1 was as painful as ...help me here crucifux??

...As painful as winning a hot dog eating contest with Mark Mangino.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/2/2007, 10:33 PM
If I lived in a Nielsen household, maybe... .

Exactly...you can boycott what you want but if your not in a Nielson house, doesnt matter..

FaninAma
12/2/2007, 10:36 PM
I may watch the Kansas and Mizzou games to see how the Big 12 stacks up against other competition and I'll catch some of the OU game(Family will be in Disney World that night)....even though it means squat. I absolutely refuse to watch the sham of a title game.

jbstrick
12/2/2007, 10:49 PM
So, this is a "I didn't get my way so I'm going to pout" thread?

Hot Rod
12/2/2007, 10:52 PM
There may be a match on WWE that is more exciting to watch that night.

sanantoniosooner
12/2/2007, 10:52 PM
exactly.

Football will be over soon enough and I'm going to watch all I can even if I wish the matchups were different.

OUinFLA
12/2/2007, 10:54 PM
If I lived in a Nielsen household, maybe... but then I'd probably just go somewhere else and watch it. I want to see LSU lose almost as much as I want OU to win. I'll have my LSU freak brother in law in the house with me and nothing will please me more than for LSU to lose, then go downstairs, strap on the gloves, and beat the crap out of him.

why wait till then?
how about making it an early Christmas present?

AverageJoe
12/2/2007, 10:55 PM
Yep. I did not watch it last year either, actually unless OU was in it I don't think I ever watch and entire NC game. Saw most of Texas because I was on the road and some colleuges invited me to a bar to watch it.

JUST SAY NO to LSU/OSU, but I still hope LSU loses

AJ

KC//CRIMSON
12/2/2007, 10:59 PM
Is it just me or are Sooner fans the biggest boycotters on the planet?

What are you going to boycott next, breathing?

Curly Bill
12/2/2007, 11:00 PM

Exactly...if someone doesn't want to watch I'm all for them, and I may not watch either, not because I'm trying to make a statement, but just because I don't care to watch.

...but to think not watching is going to send some grand statement, well...:rolleyes:

It's about like me not drinking Dr. Pepper anymore because of their dancing fat football guy commercial...I'm really sure that DP cares a whole lot. :rolleyes:

sanantoniosooner
12/2/2007, 11:02 PM

We're a versatile bunch.

If it can be whined about.......we can do it.

If it can be boycotted..........watch out.

If there is an email address.......we'll spam it.

SoonerinSouthlake
12/2/2007, 11:05 PM

Exactly!!! Remember, after the MNC game, College Football is gone for 7 months. I'll take as much of it as I can get...even if it does hurt sometimes.

KC//CRIMSON
12/2/2007, 11:06 PM
We're a versatile bunch.

If there's an idiot award.......we'll win it.;)

sendbaht
12/2/2007, 11:11 PM
It is what it is. I'll watch it if I am not working.

Paperclip
12/2/2007, 11:15 PM

I'm boycotting Sal's Famous until they get some brothers on the wall.

Sooner_Havok
12/2/2007, 11:16 PM
Normally I would be on board with the "Watch it while you got it" group, but come on, Does anyone here really enjoy watching 50 point blowouts by teams not nicknamed "Sooners"?

rufnek05
12/2/2007, 11:17 PM
OUT. dumb idea. the BCS is here to stay, might as well get use to it.

Doged
12/2/2007, 11:17 PM
I'll probably boycott it, but not out of any sense of protest. It's just a singularly uninteresting matchup, and I don't normally watch LSU home games regardless.

I probably won't watch the Rose Bowl for the same reason. Gotta' wonder about the luck of the Big 10+1, having both their BCS teams play away games instead of neutral field games.

Some of the others look pretty good, though.

bluedogok
12/2/2007, 11:21 PM
I like football, I pretty much watch all of it while surfing here. Much better than 95% of the crap on TV.

sanantoniosooner
12/2/2007, 11:22 PM
A bad football game is still better than most of what is on TV.

SoonerinSouthlake
12/2/2007, 11:22 PM
Normally I would be on board with the "Watch it while you got it" group, but come on, Does anyone here really enjoy watching 50 point blowouts by teams not nicknamed "Sooners"?

I think LSU pounds OSU.......but I thought the same thing when OSU played Miami. Actually I thought the same thing when the Whorns played SUC.

I guess the "you never know" factor combined with "Watch it while you got it" is enough for me to tune in.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/2/2007, 11:34 PM
But wait - Herbstreit said this is the game "everybody" wanted ! (If he's right, "everybody is a azs.")At least the suc boys aren't in there. I was skeered the BCS would somehow put those condoms into the title game. I gotta want Leslie's tigers to win, simply because tOSU has 5 titles to tigerbait's 2 titles.

FaninAma
12/2/2007, 11:49 PM

No, this is a "under the current succage that is the BCS which means none of these games means jacksh*t, it is entirley probable I'll have more meaningful things to do" thread.

FaninAma
12/2/2007, 11:52 PM
We're a versatile bunch.

It must be cool to be as enlightened of a fan as you, SAS.

sanantoniosooner
12/3/2007, 12:04 AM
It must be cool to be as enlightened of a fan as you, SAS.
It really is.

It must suck to think the world is out to get you.

def_lazer_fc
12/3/2007, 12:13 AM
that was only one of the greatest games i've ever seen. forget the teams playing for a second and you'll see that that game was an instant classic. :rolleyes:

Curly Bill
12/3/2007, 12:16 AM
that was only one of the greatest games i've ever seen. forget the teams playing for a second and you'll see that that game was an instant classic. :rolleyes:

If you truly hate those two teams, as many of us do, you can't separate the two teams playing from the game itself...at least I can't.

edit...damn, now I see the rolls eyes thingy...

def_lazer_fc
12/3/2007, 12:21 AM
If you truly hate those two teams, as many of us do, you can't separate the two teams playing from the game itself...at least I can't.

every once in a while you have to seperate yourself and enjoy the game, because that one was one for the ages. haven't seen a better game since that fiesta bowl last year. don't remember who played though. ;)

Egeo
12/3/2007, 05:14 PM
no, this is the bcs is jacked up so id like to be able to make a difference thread

it doesnt bother me much that were not in the championship game
we lost all right to argue when we lost games
but when a team we beat twice is ahead of us in a poll and that same team gets screwed because they lost to us twice when two teams they beat wrongfully get better games than them

i know that the bcs is not about great football
or rewarding teams that deserve and im just sick of it
although im sure ill watch everygame i can starting 2 weeks from now

Best buckeye
12/3/2007, 05:22 PM
no, this is the bcs is jacked up so id like to be able to make a difference thread

it doesnt bother me much that were not in the championship game
we lost all right to argue when we lost games
but when a team we beat twice is ahead of us in a poll and that same team gets screwed because they lost to us twice when two teams they beat wrongfully get better games than them

i know that the bcs is not about great football
or rewarding teams that deserve and im just sick of it
although im sure ill watch everygame i can starting 2 weeks from now
fwiw the BCS is screwed up and I agree totally with what you say here. Heck your team is as fast as LSU except for maybe Holliday. The BCS is presently skewed to the SEC no doubt about it. We will have our own problems with Holliday. I don't think any one is happy with the BCS , it's just that no one can come up with a way to change it because as long as the College presidents are happy with it and can use it to show that they have the power over their student atheletes then it never will get changed.

soonersn2007
12/3/2007, 05:28 PM
fwiw the BCS is screwed up and I agree totally with what you say here. Heck your team is as fast as LSU except for maybe Holliday. The BCS is presently skewed to the SEC no doubt about it. We will have our own problems with Holliday. I don't think any one is happy with the BCS , it's just that no one can come up with a way to change it because as long as the College presidents are happy with it and can use it to show that they have the power over their student atheletes then it never will get changed.
In my little world, doesn't matter if you contain Holliday or not....or win or not. Whoever wins won't be acknowledged by the majority of the fans as true champions..........that will be aura surround your team or LSU after the game.

soonersweetie
12/3/2007, 05:29 PM
I hate both ohio st and lsu, so I could give a rat's *** who wins that one. The big game for me is OU/wva. I think that will be a very good game.

And we probably have a very good chance of winning that game. Ever since that stadium opened in Glendale, AZ, all the games I've been to there (including the boise st game), my team lost. So, I'm not going this year so it won't be jinxed :) I'll just watch it on tv.

NYC Poke
12/3/2007, 05:38 PM
I'll watch it if I happen to watch it, but I won't change any plans to watch it. Same with the Rose Bowl.