PDA

View Full Version : Favorite moment of the Big12 Championship game

sanantoniosooner
12/2/2007, 06:38 PM
The pathetic attempt of a tackle by Chase Daniel against Lofton(after the INT) which was thwarted by a baby stiff arm.

Sums up the game to me.

Stitch Face
12/2/2007, 06:41 PM
AP's big run. To see him finally cut through the line and then just keep on goin' was awexome.

And Beal taking down CD by the legs.

FirstandGoal
12/2/2007, 06:42 PM
I really liked it when the announcer chick was talking about Chase being disappointed on the sidelines and it accidentally went out on the PA system reverbing.

Nice Stranger than Fiction moment there for CD.

southern sooner
12/2/2007, 06:46 PM
I was loving it when that putz of a QB tossed the pick and walked over to the sidelines tossing his hands in the air, like it wasn't my fault or like isnt a ref gonna throw a flag... he is such a cocky little girl!!!

Stitch Face
12/2/2007, 06:48 PM
I really liked it when the announcer chick was talking about Chase being disappointed on the sidelines and it accidentally went out on the PA system reverbing.

I'm sure that exposed Chase Daniel to ridicule 'in a great way.'

OUMonster
12/2/2007, 06:49 PM
Lofton's cement truck tackle of Daniel on their option play.

josh09
12/2/2007, 06:49 PM

Definately.

I was dying laughing in my seat.

Newbomb Turk
12/2/2007, 06:50 PM

yep.

rubyspirit
12/2/2007, 06:52 PM
The look on #79 Loadbolt's face after the 3rd penalty for a false start. I could tell dude was feeling ... "I'm ready to play!"

douxpaysan
12/2/2007, 06:53 PM

Yeah, they were shifting to the half-time Dr Pepper contest, when someone got the wires crossed. The funny thing was they immediately shot to CD moping on the bench, when he heard it he tried to produce a smile but it came out a grimace, like a coondog trying to pass some persimmon seeds.:D

BoomerGirl34
12/2/2007, 06:56 PM
I liked this:

The national title would be left to someone else. Ditto the Heisman Trophy. The No. 1 ranking was fun while it lasted. A charmed season will end somewhere other than New Orleans.

Oklahoma made sure of that last night in a convincing 38-17 victory over the Tigers in the Big 12 championship game at the Alamodome. The Sooners were better. Better in the red zone. Better on the big plays. Just plain better.

(From the Columbia Tribune)

I was also digging this:
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z139/boomergirl34/13.jpg
And my fave quote:

F___!”

Chase Daniel, caught on camera screaming after he was stuffed on a third and goal, which forced Missouri to settle for a field goal.

bluedogok
12/2/2007, 06:56 PM
I liked it when Lofton taught Daniel that he should pitch the ball when running the option.

The Preach Man
12/2/2007, 07:04 PM

Ding Ding Ding Ding!!!! That was even better than the tackle 'attempt' by Daniel on the INT.

douxpaysan
12/2/2007, 07:05 PM
"That's what I'm talking about." After AP's bumping it outside for touchdown while Stoops was coaching up CB.

Frozen Sooner
12/2/2007, 07:09 PM

Either that one or Reggie popping Tony Temple during his attempted spin move.

After both of those hits, I peed a little. I also thought "Damn. OU's got the hittin' shoes on."

Hardest-hitting game I've seen us play since 2001.

Stitch Face
12/2/2007, 07:21 PM

Forgot about that until I saw it again on the Youtube vid.

I though the dude might have a broken tailbone after that one.

stoopified
12/2/2007, 07:23 PM
My favorite was Chase tried to get in Loftons face and bark at him.It reminded me of a poodle barking at aGerman Shepherd Attack dog.

StormySooner-IN
12/2/2007, 07:25 PM
Definately.

I was dying laughing in my seat.That, and he sat that there shaking his head with that look on his face.:);)

cheezyq
12/2/2007, 07:26 PM

Several good moments, and this was one of my favorites too. As was the tackle by Reggie Smith where he blew up Temple as he was trying to do a spin move.

soonerinabilene
12/2/2007, 07:29 PM
I liked it when Pinkel had to change Chase's diaper, and Chase peed all over the place. Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49eghBwPfb8

BudSooner
12/2/2007, 07:32 PM
It's tough to single out one special moment since the whole game was a great one on both sides, but if there was just "one" it had to be Loftons interception...it reminded me of the 2000-2001 teams, just greedy on D.

but yeah, seeing the look on Daniels face after that announcement went out over the PA was pretty awesome.

BoomerGirl34
12/2/2007, 07:35 PM
After both of those hits, I peed a little. I also thought "Damn. OU's got the hittin' shoes on."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z139/boomergirl34/14.jpg

T'was a thing of beauty! :D

tbl
12/2/2007, 07:53 PM
I can't believe I missed the announcement part.

The "cement truck tackle" or the last Mizzu "drive" of the game when they were trying to play hurry up offense and Booger was being laid on, then go up with his patented tantrum.

I was sooooooo happy he failed miserably. I knew a couple of kids from Southlake Carroll that played with him and his petulant brat attitude has never changed. He was a turd then, and an even bigger turd now.

Veritas
12/2/2007, 07:55 PM
I was happy every time they showed that Southlake bitch's whiny face as the game closed.

BoomerGirl34
12/2/2007, 07:58 PM
I was happy every time they showed that Southlake bitch's whiny face as the game closed.

:D Me too!

oupride
12/2/2007, 08:34 PM
That goal line stand baby!!

OK2LA
12/2/2007, 09:12 PM
This guy was sitting in front of me with his girlfriend on a "date" - he was wearing green, and didn't seem to have any preferences for the teams. Then his sister joins them wearing her texas longhorns jacket.:rolleyes: (lots of these guys/gals at the game)

My dad and I were whistling VERY LOUD on our defensive stands. It was so loud, they moved to other seats. :D

mightysooner
12/2/2007, 10:15 PM
I have to agree it was when Daniels took a blitzing Lofton to the chest on that goofy option play they tried.

I don't think Daniels likes Lofton very much. LOL.....

stoops the eternal pimp
12/2/2007, 10:21 PM

I really liked the RS hit because it was RS...Reggie isnt known for his hard hitting so when he smoked him, I came unglued..

SOONERnTx
12/2/2007, 10:27 PM
I liked the part where it was 2nd and goal on the 1 and they didnt get in, then it was 3rd and goal on the 1 and chase little p***y A$$ tried to run up the middle and didnt get in, then we went crying off the field to all the other misouriable players and said "we are giving OU the game AGAIN!"

SoonerBacker
12/2/2007, 10:32 PM
Lofton's hit on Booger Daniel.
Daniel trying to get in Lofton's face.
The goal line stand.

Just loved the defense all night long!

Hot Rod
12/2/2007, 10:34 PM
Chase blowing his nose on a towel then wiping the towel on his forehead and scalp area...anyone else see this?

Everyone else has pretty much said most of my favorite moments of the game. Although, I thought putting in Patrick to make the TD that Brown couldn't make was kind of funny. No dissing Chris, because I picked him to score the first TD of the game.

Frozen Sooner
12/2/2007, 10:34 PM
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z139/boomergirl34/14.jpg

T'was a thing of beauty! :D

Right click->set as desktop wallpaper.

Just replaced Zac y Zac coughing up the ball on the goal line.

BoulderSooner79
12/2/2007, 10:50 PM
I really liked the RS hit because it was RS...Reggie isnt known for his hard hitting so when he smoked him, I came unglued..

I liked that hit at first. Then they kept the camera on RS for a while and he was tugging on his shoulder pads and trying to rub his right shoulder. I thought pah-leeze don't let it be a separated shoulder! It definitely stung him, but then he stayed in the game. WHEW!

Too many favorite moments for me to choose :D

TMcGee86
12/2/2007, 10:56 PM
every time during those last few drives when Booger was shown bitching and moaning as he walked off the field.

Love to see that fat cocky f*** get what he had coming.

SoonerinSouthlake
12/2/2007, 11:13 PM
....when Musberger and Herbstriet stopped creaming over Chase and started talking about whether or not mizzou would even get into a bcs game.

soonermeteor
12/2/2007, 11:21 PM
I know the crowd's favorite moment was the interception. We could see it float in the air and we all knew our it was Lofton's ball. Everyone went absolutely nuts compared to how many other awesome moments their were. I was jumping and screaming and fell into my friend. It was incredible.... just beating out when we were nearly front row to watch lofton pick up the botched mizzou handoff in Norman!

It was amazing being at what was hands down the best OU games in years. By the end the crowd was banging on the seats and stomping their feet. It was also fun after to hang around while the band played boomer sooner several times in a row, went through the chants, played Oklahoma, more boomer sooner.. ect. I was also impressed by the Sooner players. They were jumping and waving and getting the crowd in it. I sometimes wonder if they get up enough for games, but no doubt they were pumped last night.

Plus got to go through :texan: country as they sat in sadness.

BoomerGirl34
12/2/2007, 11:30 PM
Right click->set as desktop wallpaper.

Just replaced Zac y Zac coughing up the ball on the goal line.

This is my new desktop look!

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z139/boomergirl34/fdfa5114-e59a-4f9b-9ce4-441388251d6.jpg

ratherthanlater
12/2/2007, 11:39 PM
My favorite moment was the end. I enjoy Big 12 championships.

goingoneight
12/2/2007, 11:44 PM
I haven't enjoyed a game like that since probably 65-13 or the 2001 Orange Bowl (that I watched on TeeVee).

My favorite moment was seeing Chase Daniel throw his helmet and scream out "FUC!<!!!" on National TV.

garland sooner
12/3/2007, 12:14 AM
There were so many good things to say that I can't wait to see a highlight reel of just this game. Besides what's been covered, I liked the 3 and outs deep in Missouri territory in the second half. we got pretty loud then.

I wish I heard the Chase Daniel interview over the loudspeakers and see him scream obscenities. Being at the game I missed seeing that on tv.

** EDIT: grammatical mistakes suck. **

def_lazer_fc
12/3/2007, 12:25 AM
daniel pouting like a spoiled brat on the sideline. hands down.

pott_2
12/3/2007, 12:30 AM
..... everytime that fantastic defense was on the field. I miss great d. It was good to have such a presence on the field again. I think I just teared up.

Salt City Sooner
12/3/2007, 01:15 AM
Patrick's stiff-arm on his long run. It was your basic "Uh, no. Not today son."

r5TPsooner
12/3/2007, 01:26 AM
Every time that we hit Daniels in the mouth and every time that ABC showed him acting like a total jackoff afterwards.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
12/3/2007, 08:24 AM
When Daniels got in Lofton's face then the very next play he threw the ball right to him. My brother said Daniels must have been telling him to be patient, he was about to throw one to him.

Another laugh was when the announcer said Hartley kicked the field goal for missouri.

soonersn2007
12/3/2007, 08:30 AM
I had a few.......but to sum them all up was the intensity and hard hits. Our defense brought the whole wood shed..........like the earlier poster said, best hitting I've seen our defense do since 2001.

OKLA21FAN
12/3/2007, 08:36 AM
when Daniels waited behind his team and walked off the field by himself at halftime raising the '#1' sign repeatably to the MU fans.

i turned to the MU fan sitting next to me and said 'thanks you Chase, its over'

the MU fan looked at me in disbelief and said, but we just tied the game now, its on'

i just looked at him and told him one word....'karma'

cjames317
12/3/2007, 12:37 PM
Howzabout when Granger, engaged by an OL, reached out with one hand, grabbed Daniels' jersey and kept him from another one of those QB scoots through the middle? Granger didn't let go after they all went down, which caused Daniels' "thrashing fish" tantrum.

SoonerBOI
12/3/2007, 01:15 PM
After the two point convertion to tie the game before the half, the camera panned to Mizzou's OC, I swear he was near tears. He was after the game.:D

soonerboy_odanorth
12/3/2007, 01:36 PM

Agreed. We manned 'em up in a really nasty way Saturday night.

I loved it.

They carry that sort of play over to next year we will be bagging another crystal ball.

12/3/2007, 03:09 PM
There were more good hits during that game that all of the rest of the games put together.

One of the best is when Walker is holding a MO receiver up by the leg, and he is spinning around while being tackled by another DB, and a third Sooner (Baker?) comes flying in and just levels the receiver.

The view on TV is not that great but someone had a reverse angle posted as part of a video. It was good.

WildHorse
12/3/2007, 03:38 PM

This one gets my vote. #2 I think was Baker laying a smack down near the sideline. (the play Wolfe was shaken up on)