PDA

View Full Version : My Happy-Time Rant for the Ages

Jewstin
12/2/2007, 05:26 PM
So, lets start with LSU.

Good grief. I have never seen a team get so much sunshine pumped up their *** day in and day out despite one abysmal performance after another. I've watched a shockingly large amount of LSU football this year (rooting for them to lose), and I can't believe that there is a legion of voters out there that look at this team and still think they're the best around. Kirk and Lee were talking about how Ohio State/LSU was the matchup everyone wanted to see .. WHAT THE ****? A team that got drubbed last year and snored through a patty-cake schedule versus the worst coached team in division 1A football? How the **** does that compute?

I don't even buy the argument about them having the best talent anymore. Their defense has shown to be VASTLY overrated (holy **** -- 385 yards rushing to Arkansas and 50 points? A team that has been shut down repeatedly this season?!?)

They don't have a consistent passing or rushing game (wow, Perilloux can throw the ball 80 yards and run the option (and never pitch it) against horrible defenses ... impressive) ... they have a head coach that has shown his *** on national television about a dozen times this year ... and they belong to the SEC, probably the most crowning achievement of them all. Wow. *claps*

Oh, man! And how 'bout that resounding win over 3 loss Tennessee!?! A game in which they got pushed around all over the field till the fourth quarter? Damn. That was pretty impressive how they scored one offensive touchdown against a team that got DISMANTLED by Florida, Alabama, and unranked California. Thanks, Erik "Pick-Six" Ainge.

I guess that's kind of LSU's MO this year. Astonishing fourth quarter HEART OF A CHAMPION comebacks that are, generally, a product of collective "what the **** were they thinking" moments on behalf of the opposing team/players. Takes the EYE OF A TIGER to do that.

Or, surely, the late season scheduling of instate rival Louisiana Tech is clear evidence of their SHEER DOMINANCE? Only a powerhouse like a perennial SEC doormat would have the nards to pull that kind of outlandish stunt.

Seriously. If I see anymore of those retarded purple uniforms, I'm gonna puke. I can't wait for this teeny-bopper program to toddle back into obscurity with their nutbar coach.

I might get neg for this, but I for one am going to be a little ****ed if we don't get a miracle from the computers and the Harris poll. Screw that whole "we had our chance" w/ Colorado and Tech ****e. We've got two losses just like most everyone else.

Difference is that we just dismantled the #1 team in the country to the tune of 38-17. Nobody else can say that. Missouri was the unstoppable dumptruck of offensive prowess two days ago, with a salty defense that was among the best in the country in conference play. And now they're not? Now they're just an overrated team that was a product of good scheduling and a down year in college football?

Arg.

A Sooner in Texas
12/2/2007, 05:52 PM
No neg from me...in fact, just the opposite. I completely agree with everything here. The media (of which I am a part - don't hate me, bro) has been lovin' on LoSUr all year long and apparently the poll voters have bought into that crap. What makes their two losses (at home) better than our two losses?

The Sooners are, in my mind, peaking emotionally and physically now - and maybe that's why we're not getting the votes we need to put us into the MNC...we're the best team out there, but we'd beat LSU, thus totally making all the LoSUr lovers look like the idiots they are. They've said it all season, hence it must be true.

Lots of good logic in that rant. :D

Jewstin
12/2/2007, 06:01 PM
Hah ... I don't hate ya! Or much of the media, for that matter. I know how it goes w/ that stuff. Damned if ya do, damned if ya don't sort of world. Sometimes it just frustrates the tire out of me.

Maybe everyone just wants to see good ole Ohio State win a MNC? They know they can't beat OU, so they put LSU in there. ;) Then again, I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, lol ...

Tiger6
12/2/2007, 06:23 PM
I think many of you guys will enjoy this...I tried to make it a topic but apparently i'm restricted from doing so for whatever reason....
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ipViuTlXr2o

OUinFLA
12/2/2007, 06:26 PM
It takes 100 posts to start a thread.
hang around a while.

Sooner Sig Ep
12/2/2007, 06:43 PM
Ohio State has not beaten a top 20 team all year, and LSU could have easily had 4 losses....I've been saying all year long that Lester made a deal with the devil...the crazy breaks and luck they've had this year are unbelievable. I think OU crushes either of those teams.

Stitch Face
12/2/2007, 06:46 PM
Too many tigers in this college football world.

Tiger6
12/2/2007, 06:47 PM
please explain stitch face.....

GottaHavePride
12/2/2007, 07:07 PM
Mizzou, LSU, Auburn, etc. etc. Just like there's too many wildcats. KSU, Arizona, Kentucky, etc. etc.

As our pregame vid says...

there's only one Oklahoma.

Stitch Face
12/2/2007, 07:14 PM
please explain stitch face.....

Okay, because I'm not doing anything else right now...

1. Tigers always wanna get up in your grill - LSU with their senseless media love, Auburn with their crybaby People's trophy, Mizzou and their "disrespect." Gadflies, all.

2. The tiger is, like, so bush-league and overused. Reminds me of my high school alma mater, the Broken Arrow Tigers. The town next to us? The Coweta Tigers. Need a mascot for your traditionless team? Here, have a tiger.

3. The tiger is representative of nothing meaningful in school/state history. Mountaineer? Gotcha. Volunteers? Sure. Cornhusker? Makes sense. Boilermaker? Easy enough. Sooner? Oh hell yeah. But tiger? Mizzou, LSU, and Auburn all use a similar bengal-like tiger as their mascots. How many bengal tigers are there in Missouri/Louisiana/Alabama?

4. You

Tiger6
12/2/2007, 07:23 PM
1) Unfortunately for you stitch, I could really give two craps whether you like my nickname or not. It has nothing to do with any of that other **** you mentioned, and actually has a very important meaning in my life.

2) What do you do with your life for you to really give a crap about my or others nickname in the first place? Take a breather outside for awhile and pick up a hobby.....

2k2 c5
12/2/2007, 07:25 PM
Okay, because I'm not doing anything else right now...

4. You

:)

Crucifax Autumn
12/2/2007, 07:27 PM
My guess would be he was referring to the teams as he explained. But that's just what I think from READING his statements.

Stitch Face
12/2/2007, 07:32 PM
1) Unfortunately for you stitch, I could really give two craps whether you like my nickname or not. It has nothing to do with any of that other **** you mentioned, and actually has a very important meaning in my life.

2) What do you do with your life for you to really give a crap about my or others nickname in the first place? Take a breather outside for awhile and pick up a hobby.....

You could give two craps? Well, hand 'em over!

Srsly, Mr. 4 Posts, lighten up. It's called 'givin' ya a hard time.' You'll need some thicker striped tiger-skin if you're going to survive on an opposing team's message board.

But you're right, I don't have much else going on in life.

Tiger6
12/2/2007, 07:37 PM
Well if you would have quit running your mouth so early, and if you could read, my nickname has nothing to do with which school I support and goes way beyond something you could comprehend....I have been an Oklahoma Sooner fan my entire life, you just assumed for some reason that I wasnt. You know what they say about people who assume dont you? It makes an A-S-S out of -U- and M-E....

*slings two craps your direction*

Sooner_Havok
12/2/2007, 07:43 PM
Heh, you just called yourself an ***. tee hee tee hee

tbl
12/2/2007, 07:46 PM
goes way beyond something you could comprehend.
I'm interested. Try us out...

Tiger6
12/2/2007, 07:48 PM
It has to do with my grandfather, and the division of the army he was in when he fought in WWII

sanantoniosooner
you know that hidden dragon?

Guess who was crouching.......

yep

Sooner_Havok
I'm interested. Try us out...

He said it was beyond us you f'n crybaby hillbilly!

Stitch Face
12/2/2007, 07:52 PM
I have been an Oklahoma Sooner fan my entire life, you just assumed for some reason that I wasnt.

Whoops! I guess I thought because you were a red newb you must be a Mizzou/LSU/Auburn fan like the other fifty people on here with the name "Tiger." Most of them trolls with nothing to say.

But I was wrong. You're name is unique and meaningful, and beautiful. Hold your head high, Lifelong Soonerfan!

FirstandGoal
12/2/2007, 07:56 PM
Well if you would have quit running your mouth so early, and if you could read, my nickname has nothing to do with which school I support and goes way beyond something you could comprehend....I have been an Oklahoma Sooner fan my entire life, you just assumed for some reason that I wasnt. You know what they say about people who assume dont you? It makes an A-S-S out of -U- and M-E....

Best advice I can give ya newb is to back off a bit on the hostility and take a chill pill.

Think about it..... we've just had OUr board flooded with nothing but tiggers the last week.

On second thought, you might not know about that seeing as you have a single digit post count.

Most people who are Sooners for life don't register on a Sooner board under another team's mascot.

Just saying. :cool:

Tiger6
12/2/2007, 08:00 PM
Can we please move onto something a little more intellectual....its a freaking nickname that was meaningful to me- Its over.

Veritas
12/2/2007, 08:02 PM
:pop:

Stitch Face
12/2/2007, 08:09 PM
:pop:

Oh, you just keep eating that popcorn, Mr. Smiley Face.

:mad: Keep eating...:mad:

TUSooner
12/2/2007, 08:15 PM
I couldn't agree more with the original post. LSU has had the MNC handed to them on a silver platter by the swooning BCS pollsters. Les has bamboozled the press, which was already stoned on SEC kool-aid. That and the media's equally irrational love of OhSU is gonna result in a miserable BCSMNCG followed by a sickening display of LSU-phoria.
I won't be surprised if, a year from now, LSU fans are wishing Les would have gone north. But for now, LSU is the flavor of the year, and anybody who wants to follow CFB is gonna have to wade through the LSUBS or turn off the TV and pick up a book. :mad:

Stitch Face
12/2/2007, 08:23 PM
I used to think the people who complained about the SEC getting false respect where just whiners. But it's true. In the minds of the voters, SEC champ just naturally >>> BigXII champ, even with the same records and more BigXII competitors in the top 10. And, yeah, I know we lost to C-freaking-U. Get over it. We are the azz-kickingest team right now.

Not the most "intellectual" post, but it's a start.

MextheBulldog
12/2/2007, 09:03 PM
This matchup is gonna force me to pull for tOSU. *gag*

Now we're even for "backing into" the title game in '03, i guess.

Jewstin
12/2/2007, 09:34 PM
So, as I tend to do when I get ****ed off, I join in on the live chats on ESPN.com and see if my question/comments get mentioned or posted.

For the first time ever, Mark Schlabach picked one of mine:

Justin (Norman, OK): The BCS is a joke this year. Everyone saw the best team play Saturday night in the Alamodome. Raise your hand if you crushed the #1 team in the country, everyone's media darling in your conference championship game. Raise your hand if you barely snuck by a 3-loss team that got SMOKED in their losses. 'Nuff said.

Mark Schlabach: (8:30 PM ET ) I think Oklahoma had a very compelling argument....

Funny stuff! At least everyone is agreeing that the BCS is a joke this year. Yay.

Jmorales22
12/3/2007, 01:20 AM
The BS isn't that LSU got into the game, it's that they get to play it at home against a team that poses little threat to beat them, essentially giving the MNC to them. At least put Oklahoma in there, so if LSU does win they earned it. It's Ohio St that has no business being in this game.

Oklahoma's and LSU's merits are very close... Oklahoma didn't lose at home and lost once b/c of no SB... LSU played one of the toughest schedules in the country and lost in OT in both games (I know, I know.. they were outclassed by Florida, Auburn, maybe Alabama).

Those should have been the two teams, in whichever order... and it should be played on a true neutral site. I know it was luck of the draw, but it's happened twice now for LSU that they get a home game... BS.

Ohio St is the real joke here.

hellogoodbye
12/4/2007, 09:46 AM
bump for the best 2-loss team in the history of college football

TexasLidig8r
12/4/2007, 09:56 AM
bump for the best 2-loss team in the history of college football

Georgia? :D

oh and Tiger.. don't let your fellow hillbillies get you down! Sic em! Claw em!

hellogoodbye
12/4/2007, 11:26 AM
One loss, two-three losses. Does it matter? They are teh best evar. I suppose, since the SUC and Saxet "dynasties" didnt pan out...

Lazy journalism at its finest...

Stitch Face
12/4/2007, 06:20 PM
Strange how lifelong Sooner fan "Tiger6" appeared the day after the BigXII Championship against Missouri and then vanished the same day. Reminds me of the Ducks that flew home after the Oregon game.

Though, to be fair, he did originally register all the way back on October 6, 2007.

One week before our first game with Missouri.

Animal Mother
12/4/2007, 06:30 PM
Strange how lifelong Sooner fan "Tiger6" appeared the day after the BigXII Championship against Missouri and then vanished the same day. Reminds me of the Ducks that flew home after the Oregon game.

Though, to be fair, he did originally register all the way back on October 6, 2007.

Nice "catch". Is your nickname "Rockford" ????

OUinFLA
12/4/2007, 06:40 PM

:les:NO ! It's Stitch Face

cant you read?

:D

Stitch Face
12/4/2007, 07:19 PM

You must watch the old folks' detective-show channel like my wife does.

I only wish I were as cool as The Garner

douxpaysan
12/4/2007, 08:24 PM

Hey, give the lad a break. Didn't he say his grandfather was in WWII and had something to do with tigers. Maybe he drove a tiger tank...Seig Heil.:(

Tiger6
12/4/2007, 08:27 PM
Listen here, I actually have a life and cant get on the internet 23 of the 24 hours a day unlike you....I apologize for the inconvenience that causes you (for some reason). I can easily see why your nickname is stitchface....you would think after running your mouth so much, and your nickname, you would sit in your little chair and shut it. Like I said earlier, pick up a hobby and quit worrying about me.

I come here as often as I can, and that does not mean I have to put down meaningless posts like yourself stitchface. I have been here for over a year reading, but only recently started posting. Get your **** straight.

Mods, do you let these fools sit here and talk mess just because they have 1549 meaningless posts, most having to do with badgering "noobs"? He should be automatically banned simply for being 31 and putting anime` in his profile

C&CDean
12/4/2007, 08:32 PM
Oh dear jeebus make it stop.

Charla
12/4/2007, 08:36 PM
I'm a noob as well man and you are taking this way to serious!! WWII and Tigers does ring a bell, maybe that was the last time that played for a conf. championship.

Tiger6
12/4/2007, 08:39 PM
I'm surrounded by morons.......Again, for the last time....It has nothing to do with missouri, auburn, lsu, or ANY team for that matter. My grandfather passed away, and fought in the battle of normandy in wwII. His division was nicknamed "tigers" and for that I was showing my respect. Its a shame I even had to explain myself in the first place.

As a fellow sooner, the disrespect on this forum is absurd.

Stitch Face
12/4/2007, 08:43 PM
Mods, do you let these fools sit here and talk mess just because they have 1549 meaningless posts, most having to do with badgering "noobs"? He should be automatically banned simply for being 31 and putting anime` in his profile

All I can say is: anyone who can't appreciate sweet anime bewbs should be the one getting baned.

No hard feelings, though. You guys got screwed in the BCS.

Tiger6
12/4/2007, 08:44 PM
All I can say is: anyone who can't appreciate sweet anime bewbs should be the one getting baned.

No hard feelings, though. You guys got screwed in the BCS.

Anyone who cant spell banned, or use a spell check, should be banned.....

sanantoniosooner
12/4/2007, 08:46 PM
holy carp

don't be a moran.

Stitch Face
12/4/2007, 09:01 PM

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/1016/hooklineqc3.jpg

FirstandGoal
12/4/2007, 10:24 PM

http://dump.slaffs.com/dumpat/fail.png

Stitch Face
12/4/2007, 10:44 PM
As a fellow sooner, the disrespect on this forum is absurd.

I found the forum you were looking for.

http://www.soonertimes.com/

Big Red Ron
12/4/2007, 10:51 PM
I'm surrounded by morons.......Again, for the last time....It has nothing to do with missouri, auburn, lsu, or ANY team for that matter. My grandfather passed away, and fought in the battle of normandy in wwII. His division was nicknamed "tigers" and for that I was showing my respect. Its a shame I even had to explain myself in the first place.

As a fellow sooner, the disrespect on this forum is absurd.FYI - While this may be the most sarcastic Sooner Board, it also no doubt has the highest proportion of OU grads. No offense to my Sooner Fan brothers that aren't.

Just sayin...

Trust me, once you catch on to the humor here, you'll forget there are other OU boards. Or you're one of them. In that case screw off pal. ;)

jwlynn64
12/4/2007, 11:05 PM
I only wish I were as cool as The Garner

A Sooner fan as well! Nice tie in. spek to you both.

Stitch Face
12/4/2007, 11:14 PM
A Sooner fan as well! Nice tie in. spek to you both.

Thanks. That reminds me-

Why no celeb intros before the BigXII game? Too lame for a "championship?"

Also, The King never did one, did he?

jwlynn64
12/4/2007, 11:16 PM
I would think that the feedback has been mostly negative so... probably will not see that done again (keeping finger's crossed).

Stitch Face
12/4/2007, 11:25 PM
Listen here, I actually have a life and cant get on the internet 23 of the 24 hours a day unlike you...

Well, I'm off to bed. Gotta be up by 8 for my job as assistant manager at the Blockbuster. Howdya like them apples, hotshot?

tbl
12/4/2007, 11:27 PM
I found many moons ago that the other boards are a better place to get your feet wet. ANY of the other boards. This place is not for the inexperienced, sensitive, or unwitty.

tbl
12/4/2007, 11:29 PM
Well, I'm off to bed. Gotta be up by 8 for my job as assistant to the manager at the Blockbuster. Howdya like them apples, hotshot?
fixed. ;)

OUinFLA
12/4/2007, 11:33 PM
Is it possible to have your "meltdown" with less than 20 total posts?

I suspect it will be a record.

SoonerTerry
12/4/2007, 11:37 PM

Sounds like fun

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/SimTechMan/TruckOFail.jpg

Octavian
12/4/2007, 11:37 PM
move over, Helander!

Jewstin
12/4/2007, 11:52 PM
Stop pwning my thread! :( This is for ****ing and moaning about being snubbed by the BCS. ;)