OUinFLA
12/2/2007, 05:06 PM
surely you jest?

Stitch Face
12/2/2007, 05:08 PM
Maybe I misheard.

King Crimson
12/2/2007, 05:08 PM
Terry is great (at digging for truffles).

Stitch Face
12/2/2007, 05:12 PM
Watching the press conference now. It's some dude with a big nose.

Blitzkrieg
12/2/2007, 05:14 PM
Po Bellini, must be I-talian or something.

Ona related note, Tom Osbourne just named hinself "Lord of the rings", whatever that means.....

stoops the eternal pimp
12/2/2007, 05:18 PM
I heard it was gonna be this up and comer in the coaching world

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/051220/051219_paterno_vmed_3p.widec.jpg

SOONER STEAKER
12/2/2007, 05:18 PM
Nebraska website says, New Head Coach is o Pelini

www.huskersports.com/football

Stitch Face
12/2/2007, 05:19 PM
On a srs note, I think Bo is the best possible thing for Neb right now. Could be some real competition for Bob in a couple years. Maybe when they reallign the conference next they can set up a Hillbilly/Bugeater game in Wichita every year.

ruf/nekdad
12/2/2007, 05:21 PM
I heard Woody Hays was a lock for the job.

OUinFLA
12/2/2007, 05:23 PM
On a srs note, I think Bo is the best possible thing for Neb right now. Could be some real competition for Bob in a couple years. Maybe when they reallign the conference next they can set up a Hillbilly/Bugeater game in Wichita every year.

Wichita?:confused:

oh, yeah, Wichita, the mecca of big-time football events.
:D

Stitch Face
12/2/2007, 05:30 PM
With Bo's past I think this hire strengthens my 'NU-as-OU's-younger-brother' analogy.

*Original Big Red - New Big Red
*7 NCs - 5 NCs
*Classy legendary coach in the 50s/60s - classy legendary coach in the 80s/90s
*Fiery Youngstown defense guy HC - slightly younger fiery Youngstown defense guy HC

King Crimson
12/2/2007, 05:31 PM

i've heard their linemen are sweet.

SOONER STEAKER
12/2/2007, 05:31 PM
Terry Bowden! I know, hard to believe.

I'm watching the presser and it's BO PELLINI not Bowden.

Stitch Face
12/2/2007, 05:33 PM

They'll need to build us a stadium to play in; no big deal. We can hold the game during the Kansas State Fair.

Lott's Bandana
12/2/2007, 05:39 PM
I think it shows the class of Dr Tom to hold off this announcement until after last nite's game.

CORNholio
12/2/2007, 05:39 PM
They'll need to build us a stadium to play in; no big deal. We can hold the game during the Kansas State Fair.

yay. Maybe we could move our Colorado game to Garden City.

Stitch Face
12/2/2007, 05:43 PM
yay. Maybe we could move our Colorado game to Garden City.

Or Guymon. Surely they have a big stadium.

Veritas
12/2/2007, 05:51 PM
With Bo's past I think this hire strengthens my 'NU-as-OU's-younger-brother' analogy.

*Original Big Red - New Big Red
*7 NCs - 5 NCs
*Classy legendary coach in the 50s/60s - classy legendary coach in the 80s/90s
*Fiery Youngstown defense guy HC - slightly younger fiery Youngstown defense guy HC
Hopefully a Nebraska MNC in 2009 will add further mettle to your analogy. :D

Stitch Face
12/2/2007, 06:00 PM
Hopefully a Nebraska MNC in 2009 will add further mettle to your analogy. :D

Maybe...but for that to happen you guys'll have to knock down the same brick wall that Mack Brown's been laboring against these last eight years.

reevie
12/2/2007, 06:04 PM
Hiring Bo is just saying that not only did they screw the pooch with Callahan, but they should have hired Bo then instead.

Stitch Face
12/2/2007, 06:25 PM
Hiring Bo is just saying that not only did they screw the pooch with Callahan, but they should have hired Bo then instead.

Yeah, basically. At least they can admit it.

tommie15
12/2/2007, 06:46 PM
Bo is not a public speaker, but who cares.

The man is confident. He hates to lose. I love it. Callahan never seemed to care if he won or lost as long we looked good doing it. Pelini reminds me of Stoops in his self-assuredness - and I think that is something that is necessary to be a great coach.

He also gave credit to Stoops - calling him the best coach in the country, more or less - and, get this, FRANK SOLICH. MY GOD! We can once again acknowledge Frank Solich.

It's a great day for Husker fans, do doubt about it. Veritas is way wrong on this one.

EDIT: and a big congrats on a great showing last night. You almost made Chase cry, which was nice. Looks like Big Game Bob is back. Hopefully we'll have Big Game Bo.

soonerinabilene
12/2/2007, 07:22 PM
Good hire. He should have got it the last time. All you can do now is hope that none of Leslies jackassness rubbed off on him down on the bayou.

Veritas
12/2/2007, 07:47 PM
Veritas is way wrong on this one.
Ya know, now that the decision is made and after watching the presser, I feel quite a bit better about it.

Dude, I'm a software developer, I don't really know what I'm talking about anyway. I trust TO made the right decisions.

At least he's not another polished ***hole like Callenberger.

tommie15
12/2/2007, 07:58 PM
Ya know, now that the decision is made and after watching the presser, I feel quite a bit better about it.

Dude, I'm a software developer, I don't really know what I'm talking about anyway. I trust TO made the right decisions.

At least he's not another polished ***hole like Callenberger.

Knew you'd come around! :D

Stitch Face
12/2/2007, 08:06 PM
Guys, I've had family in Neb forever and we lived in Omaha for a few years during the Solich/Pedersen/Callenberger brouhaha. My wife and I laughed at every increasingly humiliating gaff and smirked at each painful loss. With this hire I'm back to being a little proud of the program and ready to root for you guys again. Ditching SP and BC so unceremoniously has restored my respect for the New Big Red. Bo will embrace your tradition and modernize the team.

Jmorales22
12/3/2007, 01:56 AM
Here's hoping Pellini restores order to the North and it's the Husker's we're dealing with instead of a bunch of over-confident booger eaters.

HuskerPower
12/3/2007, 02:04 PM
Here's hoping Pellini restores order to the North and it's the Husker's we're dealing with instead of a bunch of over-confident booger eaters.

haha...sure would have liked to see a Neb-Ok rematch in this years title game. But hey, rejoice, its Huskers/Sooners playing at least once each of the next two years!

Here's to Dr. Tom getting this yearly Husker/Sooner game back on track, so its the sooners we're dealing with the day after thanksgiving instead of a bunch of over-confident hippies. "Duuuuude, when there is 4:20 left in the 4th quarter, when we're all out of batteries and urine bombs, lets leave and go hit the bong! Then we can finish off the leftover tofu turkey!"

soonerinabilene
12/3/2007, 05:01 PM
. Bo will embrace your tradition and modernize the team.

By modernize, I assume you mean teach how to tackle?

tommie15
12/3/2007, 05:07 PM
By modernize, I assume you mean teach how to tackle?

That would be a good start. I wouldn't mind learning how to block and get off blocks also.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/3/2007, 05:11 PM
Or Guymon. Surely they have a big stadium.

The REAL PSU...

Panhandle STATE University... BEYONCES!