PDA

View Full Version : LSU's Athletic department...

LSUdeek
12/2/2007, 05:03 PM
has received the call. We are in.

I agree with those of you and Josh Levin who believe the MNC should be vacated this year. None of us have earned it so far.

KHS Sooner
12/2/2007, 05:06 PM
Props to LSU.

I think there is more deserving teams though.

LSUdeek
12/2/2007, 05:09 PM
Props to LSU.

I think there is more deserving teams though.

It's at the very least arguable. A Penn State fan has announced on our board that Kansas has been invited to the Fiesta Bowl.... which is vewy vewy interesting (2 Big XII teams in the Fiesta Bowl????)

AzianSooner
12/2/2007, 05:10 PM
I agree with those of you and Josh Levin who believe the MNC should be vacated this year. None of us have earned it so far.

I agree with you and I understand your feeling when you start recognizing that you are gay.

KHS Sooner
12/2/2007, 05:11 PM
Yep, Playing Kansas is going to suck............bad.

Should be an easy win, but come on now.

LSUdeek
12/2/2007, 05:12 PM
I agree with you and I understand your feeling when you start recognize that you are gay.

O RRY?

King Crimson
12/2/2007, 05:12 PM
It's at the very least arguable. A Penn State fan has announced on our board that Kansas has been invited to the Fiesta Bowl.... which is vewy vewy interesting (2 Big XII teams in the Fiesta Bowl????)

i'd rather play KU than be the national "Goliath" again and play Hawaii in which the whole nation is touching themselves for "David" to win again.

OUAndy1807
12/2/2007, 05:14 PM
O RRY?
I don't give out a lot of spek, and almost never to fans of other teams, but you're getting some for that one.

LSUdeek
12/2/2007, 05:16 PM
i'd rather play KU than be the national "Goliath" again and play Hawaii in which the whole nation is touching themselves for "David" to win again.

I can't see y'all folding again, but most likely UGA will be playing them in the Sugar Bowl.

OUAndy1807
12/2/2007, 05:17 PM
i'd rather play KU than be the national "Goliath" again and play Hawaii in which the whole nation is touching themselves for "David" to win again. you're getting some too.

soonersn2007
12/2/2007, 05:19 PM
Jeez, playing Kansas is such a total waste of time.........I have no interest in kissing my sister either btw.

OUinFLA
12/2/2007, 05:19 PM
I can't see y'all folding again, but most likely UGA will be playing them in the Sugar Bowl.

In which case, I might have to pull for the Rainbow Warriors, just so someone else can understand the David vs Goliath conundrum.

King Crimson
12/2/2007, 05:27 PM

don't make me do this, but how do you mean "folding again"?

TUSooner
12/2/2007, 05:32 PM
Congrats, deek, from a certified LSU hatah. :D
As I told my LSU-fan friends out at the soccer fields today (with all due sarcasm ;) ), LSU is getting the MNC handed to them on a silver platter. Despite having been #1 twice and lost it twice, you get to play an underwhelming, overrated OhSU team in your own back yard with every chance to get it back. So much for every week being a playoff :rolleyes:

The problem with my griping is that if anybody else were there instead of LSU, similar arguments could be made as to why THEY do not belong. As you say, nobody really belongs in a 2-team playoff this year.
But the most aggravating factor in all this is that OhSU gets in "automatically" and is rewarded for timidity, caution, and extreme dullness. I'll be cheering for the Suckeyes, of course. because I can't help it. But I am already consoled to know that they richly deserve the bitch-slapping they will receive, as a lesson to future pollsters.

I'd rather see LSU vs USC, OU, UGA, to name but 3, but that's the kind of year it's been.

Jewstin
12/2/2007, 05:33 PM
I'm looking forward to another Les Miles post-game press conference melt down. Nothing more.

You guys are going to lose, and I'm going to laugh, a lot.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/2/2007, 05:34 PM
enjoy the game..

OUinFLA
12/2/2007, 05:39 PM
Congrats Deek.
Like we've said all year, Miles is the luckiest coach we've seen this year.
Dispite him, your team has pulled it off.

Now, if he takes the MU job ...... I'd suggest you feed him to the crocks in the swamp.

okiewaker
12/2/2007, 05:55 PM
Well, congrats to the LSU's players but, Les is a complete moron. I'm guessing LSU and their fans can't kick him out the door quick enough. If he goes to the meatchickens, Tressel will beat him up every year.

Best buckeye
12/2/2007, 07:01 PM
So when does LSU's DC Pellini go to Nebraska? before or after the NC game?
He coached at tOSU just like these guys did.
Interesting note about the last six NC winners.
The last 6 BCS Champion coaches:
2001 - Larry Coker
2002 - Jim Tressel
2003 - Nick Saban
2004 - Pete Carroll
2005 - (never a Buckeye) Mack Brown
2006 - Urban Meyer

tbl
12/2/2007, 07:36 PM
I'm looking forward to another Les Miles post-game press conference melt down. Nothing more.

You guys are going to lose, and I'm going to laugh, a lot.
Words can't describe how much I hope you're right.

MextheBulldog
12/2/2007, 07:43 PM
Congrats to LSU for winning the political race. All that Lester SEC smack talk paid off in the end.

Jmorales22
12/2/2007, 08:10 PM
I don't see why there would be a call. I'm almost certain that LSU and company will find out when the rest of us do.

Jmorales22
12/2/2007, 08:35 PM
Did the LSU coaches and players look like they had gotten a call? Why would they make a call anyway? What point is there to that? I guarantee you everybody in the LSU program found out when the rest of us did.

TripleOption14
12/2/2007, 08:52 PM
Man, I hope LSU houses the Suckeyes!! This would give me great pleasure in listening to their fans explaining why they lost again in a NC game. MAUL EM TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

jrsooner
12/2/2007, 09:21 PM
I just like the new BCS rule...

If the championship game is in New Orleans, then LSU plays in it. :)

tulsaoilerfan
12/2/2007, 09:46 PM
you're getting some too.
Everybody getting some but me; that's what i get for being married :D