PDA

View Full Version : BCS = Paper Championship

soonersn2007
12/2/2007, 01:44 PM
As we all eagerly wait and cross our fingers hoping the computers will raise us above LSU. Any of these 4 or 5 teams who are left on the outside looking in have every right to not acknowledge the winner of that game as champion.

These coaches I think should be very verbal about this, that the system is not crowning the best football team and needs to be tweaked with some type of playoff installment at least.

But the point of this thread is that this controversy hurts football, it doesn't make for great debate as some would like to spin it........it's a failure to account for the parity of Div. I football.

IronSooner
12/2/2007, 01:51 PM
Whether it's a great debate or not should have nothing to do with the system used. Debate politics. Sports are about finding out who's better. Only way to do that is to play.

Pvt Joker7
12/2/2007, 01:51 PM
I hope this year is the lowest view rating for a MNC game ever.

PLaw
12/2/2007, 02:04 PM
I hope this year is the lowest view rating for a MNC game ever.

Need to start a nation-wide boycott of watching the game for the next two or three years. With lousy ratings, the advertisers will pull the A&M money and we will get a playoff faster than a New York minute.

The other thought is because the national championship is a farce, the conference championships have benefited because they are exponitially more important in the new era.

BOOMER

soonersn2007
12/2/2007, 02:08 PM
Assuming we don't get in, I am going to boycott the game.........hopefully someone will make a website urging others to not watch the game.

Stitch Face
12/2/2007, 02:11 PM
Let's make our own trophy, with a website where the people can vote on who the real champion is.

GreenSooner
12/2/2007, 02:19 PM
Problem is that the folks making the decisions about the BCS are making a lot of GREEN paper out of this particular paper championship. The fans are clearly in favor of a playoff. The trick will be devising a way to pressure the decisionmakers into doing the right thing.

soonersn2007
12/2/2007, 03:26 PM
It's a shame, get ready for about 30 days and beyond of ****ing and whining about how neither OSU or LSU is the best team regardless of who wins.