PDA

View Full Version : Looks like LSU-OSU......

The_Red_Patriot
12/2/2007, 01:40 PM
Lester gets his title shot:( :( :( :( :(

I really hope OSU can pull it off but I dont see it.

Lester Miles........ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/2/2007, 01:56 PM
Durn Vols. :mad:

Sooner47
12/2/2007, 02:03 PM
LSU will win by 4 TDs, at least. Ohio State playing for a NC makes the BCS an even bigger joke than it already was. :mad:

Paperclip
12/2/2007, 03:06 PM
Mark Richt takes the UGa job but coaches for FSU in the 2001 Orange Bowl: Loss
Mike Stoops takes the Arizona job, but hangs out to help OU in the 2004 Sugar Bowl: Loss
Bo Pelini takes the Nebraska job: ?????

KHS Sooner
12/2/2007, 03:17 PM
Is it just me, or is anyone else scared if we have to Play West Virginia in the Fiesta Bowl?

kevpks
12/2/2007, 03:19 PM
Is it just me, or is anyone else scared if we have to Play West Virginia in the Fiesta Bowl?

They really don't scare me. They seem to be pretty one-dimensional and our team speed would match up well. If we come to play like we did last night, we can beat anyone.

Paperclip
12/2/2007, 03:20 PM
It's just you.

Youngsooner
12/2/2007, 03:20 PM
What happened last time that Ohio State played an SEC team in the NC

leematthews
12/2/2007, 03:26 PM
No WVU doesn't scare me; Hawaii might

Sooner_Havok
12/2/2007, 03:26 PM
Damn it!!!! We put LSU into the National Title game!!!!!! Why they hell couldn't West Virginia just beat Pitt? I can't stand the thought that by us winning, we put a 2 loss team into the National Title game ahead of us!

Sooner_Havok
12/2/2007, 03:27 PM
Every one of you LSU/SEC trolls need to come onto this board and thank Oklahoma for putting your f***ing swamp rats into the title game :mad:

Blitzkrieg
12/2/2007, 03:29 PM
WV is the perfect matchup for us. Running game? We've been waiting to play arunning team all friggin year! aTm is a running team, I guess.

Landthief 1972
12/2/2007, 03:33 PM
WVU can't even keep their QB healthy for an entire 4 quarters.

MextheBulldog
12/2/2007, 03:50 PM
Yeah, clearly WVU is a different team minus Pat White.

LSU-tOSU.......please let the Buckeyes show up....just to spite Lester and the tiger fans...

BoulderSooner79
12/2/2007, 03:52 PM
Damn it!!!! We put LSU into the National Title game!!!!!! Why they hell couldn't West Virginia just beat Pitt? I can't stand the thought that by us winning, we put a 2 loss team into the National Title game ahead of us!

No, I'd say Pitt did the trick (or really the WVU choke did it). We had a conference title and BCS bowl to play for while Pitt had nothing except wanting to beat their mortal enemy :rolleyes:

Sooner_Havok
12/2/2007, 03:53 PM
WVU can't even keep their QB healthy for an entire 4 quarters.

You might want to knock on some wood there partner. Not having a healthy QB for 4 quarters cost us a shot at a NC.

Collier11
12/2/2007, 04:08 PM
They just said on Fox during the NFL games that "you may be surprised who the top 2 teams are", do you guys think this is just reference to the fact that LSU and OU jumped so many teams or do you think there is a chance we pulled an okey doke and snuck in there?

sanantoniosooner
12/2/2007, 04:11 PM
They just said on Fox during the NFL games that "you may be surprised who the top 2 teams are", do you guys think this is just reference to the fact that LSU and OU jumped so many teams or do you think there is a chance we pulled an okey doke and snuck in there?
dude......I can't tell you what kind of self mutilation I would be willing to do if OU could play for the MNC this year.

But I will NOT get my hopes up until I see it with my own two eyes.

tbl
12/2/2007, 04:12 PM
Well, if they said that, then it can't be tOSU/LSU b/c that's what EVERYODY expects, especially with the Coaches poll already being out.

Besides.. they're NFL guys. What do they know?

Sooner_Havok
12/2/2007, 04:13 PM
No, the surprise is a team that played one team currently ranked (and lost) and another team who lost to an unranked team at home (and are still getting hurricane sympathy votes) are going to play for a NC that people in 48 others states will think is bogus.

Whet
12/2/2007, 04:22 PM
My tOSU coworkers will be happy about getting in the game.

If we play WV, it would be a good match-up for us and would play to our team strengths.....

But, we'll see this evening.......

Best buckeye
12/2/2007, 05:33 PM
Hi Sooner Fans. I am a lifetime Buckeye fan (51 yrs) . Just wanted to say thanks for the absolutely great game you played last night and wish you good luck in your bowl game. I can certainly say that we would not have minded playing you. As it looks right now that will not happen but that is up to the BCS. If any of you like, we have a free Buckeye site that welcomes good fun and fans from all over.
At any rate , again great game yesterday we were all rooting for you of course.

ouwasp
12/2/2007, 05:41 PM
Hi Sooner Fans. I am a lifetime Buckeye fan (51 yrs) . Just wanted to say thanks for the absolutely great game you played last night and wish you good luck in your bowl game. I can certainly say that we would not have minded playing you. As it looks right now that will not happen but that is up to the BCS. If any of you like, we have a free Buckeye site that welcomes good fun and fans from all over.

Hi Best...yeah, the Sooners woudn't have "minded" playing the Bucks either...

Big Red Ron
12/2/2007, 05:47 PM
At any rate , again great game yesterday we were all rooting for you of course.Enjoy getting beat again. You don't deserve to play in the title game and you know it.

Best buckeye
12/2/2007, 05:53 PM
Enjoy getting beat again. You don't deserve to play in the title game and you know it.
Why Thanks for your kind reflections. I respectfully have to disagree in that we do deserve to play because we did what we had to do under the rules and that is took care of our business. If you are refrering to our SOS well you know as well as I do that when teams are scheduled they may or may not be as good by the time 5 or six years go by. We played Texas two years straight and next year we start a home and home against USC.
If we get beat again then so be it but at least we will be getting beat in the NC game.
Again good luck in your bowl game

Big Red Ron
12/2/2007, 06:02 PM
Dude there is no way that the Big 10 Champion and SEC Champion should arbitrarily be selected to play for the National Championship.

You're team is lucky to be there and even luckier that they aren't playing the Sooners.

LSU isn't as sound of a team as OU's and they'll pound you guys into last season.

Just don't burn any cars or couches or people again.

Thanks,

BRR

PS - If this season doesn't prove the need for a Playoff then whatever.

FirstandGoal
12/2/2007, 06:07 PM

**** OSU

Sooner_Havok
12/2/2007, 06:14 PM
Is it tOSUs fault we are getting screwed? No! It is those idiots who purposefully over rank the teams from the SEC, thus assuring that if a situation like this happens, and an SEC team is close to a non-SEC team, they can say, "well, the SEC is a harder conference, look at the teams they have in the rankings."

LSU is getting in because they beat ONE more ranked opponent than we did. Know who that was? South Carolina. Good job Swamp Rats, you beat a 6-6 South Carolina and earn yourself a BCS National Championship game.

Stop hating on the random buck eye, he didn't say anything flaming, he didn't try and start any sh*t, he is just happy, and we did do him a huge favor.

Best buckeye
12/2/2007, 06:25 PM
Dude there is no way that the Big 10 Champion and SEC Champion should arbitrarily be selected to play for the National Championship.

You're team is lucky to be there and even luckier that they aren't playing the Sooners.

LSU isn't as sound of a team as OU's and they'll pound you guys into last season.

Just don't burn any cars or couches or people again.

Thanks,

BRR

PS - If this season doesn't prove the need for a Playoff then whatever.
Ha ha maybe your team shopuldn't have lost to a team with 6 losses and another with 4 , But I am not here to argue.
Just wanted to say Good luck.
Those playoffs you mentioned will be the subject of another thread. I am not for or against. I just don't think anyone will ever come up with a way to satisfy the bowls, Tv and the universities demands

OU Adonis
12/2/2007, 06:25 PM
This thread makes us look like bad fans.

Best buckeye
12/2/2007, 06:26 PM
**** OSU
fwiw OSU is Oklahoma state, not us

sanantoniosooner
12/2/2007, 06:27 PM
This thread makes us look like bad fans.
just THIS one?;)

FirstandGoal
12/2/2007, 06:29 PM
Actually, I am more ****ed off about tOSU being in the game rather than LSU. Talk about a team that couldn't be less deserving.

The knowledge that we did our part to make this travesty happen is a bit sickening. Thank goodness that came with some really nice hardware to take the sting out of it.

Sorry, but I really can't stomach any buckeyes coming over here and 'congratulating' us at this time.

What I have to hope for now is that LSU stomps a BCS-size mudhole through them so the idiots who actually kept moving them up even though they did not play for the last 2 weeks, played a weaksauce schedule and did not even have to win their conference title with a championship game will lay off of the Big televen kool-aid and see them for what they are..... an overrated team that has absolutely no business being there.

/rant

Best buckeye
12/2/2007, 06:32 PM
Is it tOSUs fault we are getting screwed? No! It is those idiots who purposefully over rank the teams from the SEC, thus assuring that if a situation like this happens, and an SEC team is close to a non-SEC team, they can say, "well, the SEC is a harder conference, look at the teams they have in the rankings."

LSU is getting in because they beat ONE more ranked opponent than we did. Know who that was? South Carolina. Good job Swamp Rats, you beat a 6-6 South Carolina and earn yourself a BCS National Championship game.

Stop hating on the random buck eye, he didn't say anything flaming, he didn't try and start any sh*t, he is just happy, and we did do him a huge favor.
Again fwiw I don't think LSU should have jumped up as far as they did and gotten into the game . You guys beat the #1 team and if anyone should have jumped that far then it should have been the Sooners. Barring any jumping then we should be playing GA. or Kan.
That is the problem with the BCS as it stands, so we all as football fans have to live with it until it gets changed.

bluedogok
12/2/2007, 06:36 PM
I just hope that if the BCS continues that the Cotton Bowl @ Jerryworld will be picked up as a BCS game and we can have an almost at home BCS title game. We know we have played in enough of those title games.

Best buckeye
12/2/2007, 06:37 PM
Actually, I am more ****ed off about tOSU being in the game rather than LSU. Talk about a team that couldn't be less deserving.

The knowledge that we did our part to make this travesty happen is a bit sickening. Thank goodness that came with some really nice hardware to take the sting out of it.

Sorry, but I really can't stomach any buckeyes coming over here and 'congratulating' us at this time.

What I have to hope for now is that LSU stomps a BCS-size mudhole through them so the idiots who actually kept moving them up even though they did not play for the last 2 weeks, played a weaksauce schedule and did not even have to win their conference title with a championship game will lay off of the Big televen kool-aid and see them for what they are..... an overrated team that has absolutely no business being there.

/rant
No problem, Ill just take back the congrats as far as you are concerned. I am a huge college football fan and post regularly on many boards. Mich, LSU, Texas, and others. I like to see how similar the sites are and what is new.
And If we ever get to play the Sooners I will be happy, I know we have back to backs with USC , then Miami (fla) so that's four years away at least.

Big Red Ron
12/2/2007, 06:41 PM
I just hope that if the BCS continues that the Cotton Bowl @ Jerryworld will be picked up as a BCS game and we can have an almost at home BCS title game. We know we have played in enough of those title games.We'll probably be "rewarded" with ASU in Tempe this year too.

OSU = KU

PrideTrombone
12/2/2007, 06:45 PM
I'll root for Ohio State. Never had a big problem with them and I'd love to see a title slip past Les and LSU. So go Buckeyes.

Sooner_Havok
12/2/2007, 06:47 PM
BCS title game = Should be played in Hawaii. Will aways be a neutral field.

On a different note, I will be rooting for tOSU, just because Mr. Rodgers, er, I mean Jim Tressel is a lot lower on the jerk-wad pole than Lester "The Molester" Miles.

Again folks, focus your anger at the system and LSU's exploitation of the system, not tOSU.

Big Red Ron
12/2/2007, 06:57 PM
I'm not "angry" with OSU, I just think it's BS that they are playing without a single win over a top ranked team.

Best win was...PSU? Puleeze. Lost at home to Illinois?

What makes them any more deserving than Kansas.

Beside this guy came here to our board to give backhanded friendship. I didn't go over to their board.

swardboy
12/2/2007, 06:59 PM
I'm just freaked out by a team whose helmets develop cancerous growths during the season.....