PDA

View Full Version : Anyone signing up for Dallas Cowboys season tix?

1stTimeCaller
12/2/2007, 12:51 PM
A friend of mine that currently has 11 season tickets said that for season tickets at the new stadium you have to pay $50,000 per seat! That $50k gives you the right to purchase season tickets for 30 years.

GTFOH!!! That's insane.

My buddy said that they will probably reduce thier season tickets in the new stadium to one.

bluedogok
12/2/2007, 01:56 PM
They had the same thing at Texas Stadium years ago, it is pretty common for the better seats at pro stadiums. The seat licensing option gives you the opportunity to buy the prime seats, not much different (except in upfront cost amount) to what a larger donation does at OU for those prime locations. The 50K/30 years is $1,666.67 a year, I know of some OU donors who pay more than that per year in donations for their seats. Plus for NFL teams the seat licensing is calculated differently in terms of revenue calculations so it means something different there. If you don't want to pay that, you will be able to get the season tix later without paying that but your seats are not guaranteed year to year and may be worse than what you have currently at Texas Stadium.