PDA

View Full Version : Spielman: I wouldn't kick it Maclin anymore

Blitzkrieg
12/2/2007, 10:28 AM
That why you are the single worst announcer on ABC, I'd rather listen to the girl on ESPN that does the bowl game texas tech will be going to.

KU lost last week because Mangino gave MU the ball at 42 yard line with his pooch kicks.

boomersooner28
12/2/2007, 10:33 AM
Spielman is horrible. I could go to sleep when talks.

stoopified
12/2/2007, 10:37 AM
Isn't he from TOSU? That explains a lot right therte.

Stitch Face
12/2/2007, 10:44 AM
His shoulders slope down from his neck at a 45-degree angle.

Wishboned
12/2/2007, 10:48 AM
Mr. Spielman you're not Bob Stoops.

And we will be eternally grateful for that.

r5TPsooner
12/2/2007, 12:13 PM
That why you are the single worst announcer on ABC, I'd rather listen to the girl on ESPN that does the bowl game texas tech will be going to.

KU lost last week because Mangino gave MU the ball at 42 yard line with his pooch kicks.

Mushburger was a lot worse than Spielman last nite. His love affair with Missouri and Chase Daniels almost made me throw up the thirty or so shrimp cocktails that I ate last nite.

yermom
12/2/2007, 01:15 PM
you still gotta love all the touchbacks though :D

bluedogok
12/2/2007, 02:09 PM
Listening to talking heads on the drive to/from San Antonio it amazes me how many of them are complete morons who don't know what the hail they are talking about. I think I watch and read more about sports than the majority of these clowns do.

After looking at our satellite bill and how much time I am on the internet, my wife might agree :D

GoTigers
12/2/2007, 02:37 PM
Actually Manjello kicked it directly to him every time.

DreamZ22
12/2/2007, 02:46 PM
I told my wife to listen to the abc announcers last night before the game and watch thier tune change in the second half. It was so obvious OU didnt have a chance in the minds of abc.

illinisooner
12/2/2007, 02:48 PM
I actually like Spielman, he calls the games like he's a fan. Brent would not shut up about Maclin and Daniel last night; he sounded like Jim Nantz gushing about Manning and Harrison.

DenverSooner751
12/2/2007, 02:54 PM
Actually Manjello kicked it directly to him every time.

Actually, NO, Maclin had ONE PR return that entire game. 3 KR returns out of 7 total kicks from KU.

So, maybe get your facts straight.

jwlynn64
12/2/2007, 03:33 PM
I guess it helps a little when you don't have to punt very often and they your kicker kicks it into the endzone more than half of your many kickoffs! :D

PhilTLL
12/2/2007, 03:40 PM
Listening to talking heads on the drive to/from San Antonio it amazes me how many of them are complete morons who don't know what the hail they are talking about. I think I watch and read more about sports than the majority of these clowns do.

After looking at our satellite bill and how much time I am on the internet, my wife might agree :D

Mushburger was a lot worse than Spielman last nite. His love affair with Missouri and Chase Daniels almost made me throw up the thirty or so shrimp cocktails that I ate last nite.

It's their job to find the hot angle and sell it. Maximum drama, and all that. Obviously they weren't going to talk all week about how Mizzou was clearly going to blow a shot at the MNC or how Bradford is plainly superior to Daniel and much younger to boot. In exactly the same vein...radio talkers are supposed to provoke your ire (or sometimes stoke your fandom). It keeps you listening.

Edit: I totally failed to address the actual point. Of course what Spielman said was dumb. He's supposedly paid for his vast football intellect. But regardless, Musberger is paid to create intensity and drama. :)

soonerP_A_C
12/2/2007, 04:53 PM

And if I heard him say 'Here's Maclin, the SPEEDSTER' one more time I was going to vomit all over my couch.

King Crimson
12/2/2007, 05:06 PM
bitch about sports talk is well-deserved and Musberger sucks out loud.....but, at least you don't live in Denver.

Broncos Broncos Broncos.