PDA

View Full Version : Umm, about what I said last night...

TUSooner
12/2/2007, 10:06 AM
I woke in shock to vaguely remember saying things in defense of LSU being in the BCSVeryMythicalNCG. Please forgive me and forget it all. I blame beer. LSU is the only team ever to lose the #1 spot TWICE - the last time to an unranked opponent at home - and still be considered for the MNC game. Pollsters can't rid themselves of their priapic response to the SEC, and that's just wrong. Worse, LSU will have a home-field advantage, will probably win, and will claim - unjustly - that they are most deserving, etc. etc. etc. ad nauseam. It will be a cryin shame.
Here's my official position, and I'm not changing it:

This season defies any logical resolution, and it all boils down to nothing but arguments that don't prove anything. Because there is no playoff system, this year's mythical championship is a farce.
I hereby withdraw any previous contentions that were inconsistent with the previous statements.
Boomer Sooner.
The end.

boomersooner28
12/2/2007, 10:20 AM
***BREAKING NEWS: The BCS has implemented a new rule that automatically places LSU in the National Title game anytime the National Title game is held in New Orleans, La.

SoonerFanInAustin
12/2/2007, 10:29 AM
To piggy back a little bit. Ohio St, lost at home. USC, lost at home, Georgia, lost at home.

Ohio St is going to get in, just because the only lost 1 game. Not saying it is right. Next yr I guess we should schedule a Div 1-AA school. There best win is against a 9-3 Wisc. Heck Wisc had 4 wins against UNLV and N. Illinois who were both 2-10. Then they beat 1-11 Minnesota. Throw in a powerhouse Citadel.

If the talk was about LSU and OU in the Championship, that would be okay. At least both Conf have 3 teams in the Top 10 of the BCS. Big 10 barely has 3 teams in the Top 25 of the BCS. Based on last weeks rankings.

TUSooner
12/2/2007, 10:35 AM
Ohio St is going to get in, just because the only lost 1 game. Not saying it is right. Next yr I guess we should schedule a Div 1-AA school. There best win is against a 9-3 Wisc. Heck Wisc had 4 wins against UNLV and N. Illinois who were both 2-10. Then they beat 1-11 Minnesota. Throw in a powerhouse Citadel.

If the talk was about LSU and OU in the Championship, that would be okay. At least both Conf have 3 teams in the Top 10 of the BCS. Big 10 barely has 3 teams in the Top 25 of the BCS. Based on last weeks rankings.
This is true. OhSU is the turd in the punchbowl.