PDA

View Full Version : Hey ABC & Dr. Pepper, Here's an Idea

pb4ou
12/2/2007, 03:49 AM
make new commercials for the Dr. Pepper Big XII Championship Game.

It's bad enough that we've had to sit through an entire season watching an obese fake football player dancing with a soda, you've played it again and again. Don't forget all of the people gorging down all of the sweets on your other commerical. My gosh, I think I gain 5 pounds each time you air that commercial.

Why don't you take your gazillion dollars that you make off of your soda and make some new material.

That is all.

Don't get me started on the singing animals in the car.

:rolleyes:

AllAboutThe'O'
12/2/2007, 03:51 AM
Don't worry, they'll come up with new ads next year, they're one company (Burger King also comes to mind) that has new ad campaigns every year.

Curly Bill
12/2/2007, 03:54 AM
I like the singing animals one...but I hate the Dr. Pepper commercials enough that I quit buying DP, and am strictly a Pepsi man now.

def_lazer_fc
12/2/2007, 03:55 AM
i was actually bitching about this earlier as well while watching the game. i also hope abc ditches that cfb "song" with perry ferrell, that chick from destiny's child not named beyonce, 50 cent standing in the background, and...that other ****** that i can't think of at the moment.

olevetonahill
when that stupid fat boy comes on I change channels . I will Nevar buy a dp product !:mad:

colinreturn
i agree. most people buy things when they see good ads. well i dont buy things when i see bad ads. stickin it to the man

Curly Bill
12/2/2007, 03:57 AM
Somewhere on here, South Oval maybe, there is an entire thread devoted to hatred of the dancing fat football guy commercial.

AllAboutThe'O'
12/2/2007, 04:00 AM
when that stupid fat boy comes on I change channels . I will Nevar buy a dp product !:mad:
Uh, I can't give up my Dr Pepper (it's now Diet Dr Pepper), but I'll never listen to an Emerson, Lake and Palmer song the same way again.

olevetonahill
12/2/2007, 04:08 AM
Uh, I can't give up my Dr Pepper (it's now Diet Dr Pepper), but I'll never listen to an Emerson, Lake and Palmer song the same way again.
You suck then .
If Natty Lite did a dumas add liike that Id drink pisz befor ever having another Natty .
Just sayin :mad:

Leroy Lizard
12/2/2007, 04:52 AM
The first time I saw the commercial, I thought "Oh no, he's going to hump the goal post.

olevetonahill
12/2/2007, 05:12 AM
Any one else say They still gonna buy that crap Im gonna neg em to Bolivia !:cool:

FirstandGoal
12/2/2007, 05:23 AM
I used to like DP until this year :mad:

It really chaps my *** that they had to run such stupid commercials.

An no.... I have boycotted the product since about halfway through the season when it became obvious that the fatboy ads were not going to go away.

Leroy Lizard
12/2/2007, 05:29 AM
I have drank my last Dr. Pepper, as the company obviously does not want any of my money.

olevetonahill
12/2/2007, 05:44 AM
Some one smarter than me do a DP letter petion thingy fer us to sign
telling the asswipes we aint Buying anymore till they appoligise fer Insultin us with that Dumas add . And promise to Nevar run it again :mad:

mfosterftw
12/2/2007, 08:37 AM
At least we didn't suffer celebrities introducing the lineups at the start of the game.

Aries
12/2/2007, 08:42 AM
The ad execs who came up with those ads are absolutely delirious over the fact that the name "Dr. Pepper" have been mentioned in this thread about a gizillion times.

Just sayin'....

StormySooner-IN
12/2/2007, 08:45 AM
Any one else say They still gonna buy that crap Im gonna neg em to Bolivia !:cool:
I always drink DP....and we win when I do, so.......

Fire Away.:cool:

But, I have sent a few emails expressing my extreme distast for the bulls**t* ad.

My dad never saw it until a few weeks ago, and he thought it was funny then.

Last night he was screaming at me to change the channel.

olevetonahill
12/2/2007, 08:49 AM
I always drink DP....and we win when I do, so.......

Fire Away.:cool:
How you like that ?????????:P :P :P :P :P
tell em you aint gonna do eet Nomo till they dump that stupid add.

StormySooner-IN
12/2/2007, 08:52 AM
How you like that ?????????:P :P :P :P :P
tell em you aint gonna do eet Nomo till they dump that stupid add.No more car rides for you.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

:P:P

olevetonahill
12/2/2007, 08:55 AM
No more car rides for you.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I just doubled ya back up . Now be good and dont, Buy nomo that carp till that add is gone :cool:

Wishboned
12/2/2007, 09:32 AM
At least we didn't suffer celebrities introducing the lineups at the start of the game.

That's because they ran out of Missou celebs last week after the Kansas game.

SouthFortySooner
12/2/2007, 09:32 AM
it would be GREAT if when he flips off the goalpost he landed on a horsepig. just sayin. :)

Harry Beanbag
12/2/2007, 09:41 AM
i was actually bitching about this earlier as well while watching the game. i also hope abc ditches that cfb "song" with perry ferrell, that chick from destiny's child not named beyonce, 50 cent standing in the background, and...that other ****** that i can't think of at the moment.

No kidding, that is ridiculously bad.

bluedogok
12/2/2007, 12:26 PM
You suck then .
If Natty Lite did a dumas add liike that Id drink pisz befor ever having another Natty .
Just sayin :mad:
No, you wouldn't :D
I saw a dead Natty Lite can in one of the parking lots walking to the Alamodome and it made me laugh thinking of your love for the stuff ;)

It would have been nice if they hadn't run out of Dr. Pepper at the stands at the game. My wife went to get some popcorn and a drink for me and two of the stands were out of DP. That is pretty bad at the DR. PEPPER Big XII Championship Game. They still had plenty of that Pepsi crap, she found another stand that still had some DP.

OUinFLA
12/2/2007, 01:08 PM

I noticed that too.
I was pleased.

OUinFLA
12/2/2007, 01:10 PM
No more car rides for you.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

pffft..... like he has anywhere to go.:P

tommieharris91
12/2/2007, 01:45 PM

FYI, that destiny's child chick not named beyonce happens to be TRRW's wife.

bluedogok
12/2/2007, 02:48 PM
FYI, that destiny's child chick not named beyonce happens to be TRRW's wife.
She WAS his fiance, he broke off the engagement before the wedding.
The Post Chronicle - Again? Cowboy Roy Williams Quits Destiny's Child Kelly Rowland (http://www.postchronicle.com/news/entertainment/tittletattle/article_21221540.shtml)

jwlynn64
12/2/2007, 03:41 PM
Three letters for you commercial hating people... D V R!

I always wait 45minutes after the start of the game to start watching. Zoom through the commercials like they are not there. Makes the viewing that much more enjoyable.

I will say that there is a drawback to this and that is if I want to listen to a broadcast, it has to be the television broadcast (no DAR that I'm aware of yet! ;) )

A Sooner in Texas
12/2/2007, 03:49 PM
Three letters for you commercial hating people... D V R!

I always wait 45minutes after the start of the game to start watching. Zoom through the commercials like they are not there. Makes the viewing that much more enjoyable.

I will say that there is a drawback to this and that is if I want to listen to a broadcast, it has to be the television broadcast (no DAR that I'm aware of yet! ;) )

No way am I not gonna watch the Sooners LIVE, and I have a DVR! When that stupid ad comes on it's the perfect time to hit mute and go into the other room for a refill. :)

jwlynn64
12/2/2007, 03:54 PM
Of course I like to watch them live and in person but for the games that I can't make it, I generally watch it after the fact ( a 21 month old and a 3 year old can make watching it live a little hard.) ;)

Gotta love the DVR for bathroom breaks, drink refills and watching replays that they broadcast booth never seems to get right.

Like last night on our last scoring drive, it looked like Sam missed an open TE right in the middle of the field but they never showed a replay after the fact!

Would have been sweet for him to get #35.

A Sooner in Texas
12/2/2007, 04:26 PM
You're right, the kiddos do make it hard sometimes to enjoy games live. The DVR would have been great a few years ago when mine were youn....wait, what am I saying? They STILL interrupt me! :) LOVE the dvr!
And I'm gonna re-watch the game tonight!:D

tbl
12/2/2007, 04:31 PM
Look at DP's commerical ads historically. They all suck.

Stitch Face
12/2/2007, 04:34 PM
Look at DP's commerical ads historically. They all suck.

Even the ones with Garth or Leanne?!?!

sanantoniosooner
12/2/2007, 04:35 PM
You guys are not in their demographic.

Maybe you should critique maxi-pad commercials ;)

bluedogok
12/2/2007, 04:37 PM
I just wish they would have a few more commercials per season, one for DP and one for DDP for an entire season is ridiculous.

MextheBulldog
12/2/2007, 04:42 PM
I like the still shot of the cut to the referee. Pure genius.

Jason White's Third Knee
12/2/2007, 04:47 PM
"Welcome back my friends to the ad campaign that never ends..."

Stitch Face
12/2/2007, 04:53 PM
"Welcome back my friends to the ad campaign that never ends..."

I think I hate the song more than anything else about the ad. It sounds like disposable, commercial, NFL guy-rock. So I guess it's perfect for the spot.

bluedogok
12/2/2007, 05:04 PM
Never listened to much Emerson, Lake & Palmer have you?