PDA

View Full Version : Hornfans.com =FUN TIMES

The_Red_Patriot
12/2/2007, 03:29 AM
Hey, OU wins another title. Time for Texas fan to realize once again that Stoops owns......

Greatness----

http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=5342158&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

Vaevictis
12/2/2007, 03:34 AM
I said it before and I'll say it again: The only thing better than stomping them in the regular season is their despair after we win yet another CCG ;)

silverwheels
12/2/2007, 03:35 AM
All your Big 12 are belong to us.

Curly Bill
12/2/2007, 03:36 AM
That was some fun reading! :D

kevpks
12/2/2007, 03:42 AM
What a great year.

We beat Miami, Texas, OSU and won the Big XII. It is good to be a Sooner.

AllAboutThe'O'
12/2/2007, 03:58 AM
What a great year.

We beat Miami, Texas, OSU and won the Big XII. It is good to be a Sooner.
My sentiments exactly; I don't care whether or not we get picked to play in the BCS title game. Oh yeah, and we beat Journalism U. TWICE this year. All them ink-stained wretches who went to the self-proclaimed world's greatest journalism school and aren't afraid to admit it can stick it.

ultimatesooner1
12/2/2007, 04:03 AM
Come on, the sky is not falling. Aggy made a terrible hire for their new head coach, so we'll beat them next year. We don't play KSU, so that's one less loss there. And I think based on our talent level we should beat OU next year. If things fall into place we'll be playing for the '08 MNC; if they don't fall into place we'll be in the Big XII Championship for a trip to the Fiesta Bowl.

heh

tulsaoilerfan
12/2/2007, 10:45 AM
I'm surprised that thread is still up and running.

Stitch Face
12/2/2007, 11:07 AM
I'm surprised that thread is still up and running.

No doubt. A lot of those posts should have LHG banning her own.

MextheBulldog
12/2/2007, 11:07 AM
OWNED!

BetterSoonerThanLater
12/2/2007, 11:16 AM
with their talent level they should be able to beat OU in '08? is that a joke? as if our talent just goes away after this year. please, i think ricky williams has been hanging around austin again

IronSooner
12/2/2007, 11:18 AM
Its just a fact. OU is a better program than Texas is. Here they are winning another game in the state of Texas. Taking their pick of Texas talent and giving the middle finger to Mack Brown yet again.

It makes me want to throw up while fighting people. grrrr.

I like that line. A lot. Especially coming from a hornfan.

Dio
12/2/2007, 12:41 PM
Realty bites, don't it texass? :D

Jacie
12/2/2007, 12:45 PM
with their talent level they should be able to beat OU in '08? is that a joke? as if our talent just goes away after this year. please, i think ricky williams has been hanging around austin again

That POV is held by exactly one poster (at least it was only one this morning when I was reading it) and he was roundly dissed by everyone else as being a pumper. It was also noted in the same thread that the amount of pumping has dropped considerably this season. Reality IS setting in.

tulsaoilerfan
12/2/2007, 12:46 PM
"Vince Young is not walking through that door" -Mack Brown's next media conference

Jacie
12/2/2007, 01:02 PM
Here are some more choice quotes from other whornfans.com threads:

mexahorn
100+ posts
12/02/07 02:02 AM
Re: Stoops [re: caryhorn]

Caryhorn,

I think that incredible feat hides the abysmal fact that we have 1 conference title and 2 BCS bids in 10 years. What makes it worse is seeing those Sooners win their 5th conference title in 10 years.

Heck, if you think about it, Texas has only won a conference title 4 times in the last 20 years! ('94 doesn't count and anyone that says it does is missing the point.) Why should things be any different now.

Captain Murphy
100+ posts
12/02/07 11:24 AM
Re: Stoops [re: caryhorn]

In reply to:

The team reflects the attitude and swagger of the coach.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

With respect to their OL, a lot of people talked a lot of [censored] last year about their attrition issues. OU obviously has a problem, anybody who can't see it is blind, their OL will be horrible for years to come, blah, blah, blah. Granted we now have the benefit of hindsight, but it looks as if what happened was OU made the mistake of recruiting some soft OLinemen who weren't willing to make the physical and mental committments demanded by Coach Stoops. So they got their sorry butts run off, regardless of the amount of blood they had spilled for the program.

Result? One of the best OL in college football and the 5th Big 12 Championship for Stoops.

I'm with the OP - it ****es me off. At the same time, you can't help but respect them.

LesNessman
12/2/2007, 01:58 PM
That is sweet.

and this post from over there:

"If Stoops is so great than why does Mack and Bob have the same number of national championships. "

Two words: Vince Young. He is the ONLY reason Brown has a conference and MNC title.

Stoops on the other hand has a MNC and five conference titles with five different QBs, plus has played in 2 other MNC games and many more BCS bowls. Plus he owns a 6-3 record against Brown, which looks to get even more lopsided in the next few years.

AZSoonerCat
12/2/2007, 02:41 PM
Best line from that thread:

Stoops must have been like 16 when he had Mack - he sure is awfully young to be his daddy...