PDA

View Full Version : **Official** Who Cares who plays in the Title Game Thread

AverageJoe
12/2/2007, 02:02 AM
OU will play in the Fiesta Bowl and beat the living crap out of whoever we play. We will begin the 2008 season ranked #1 and we will not move from that spot the entire year as we go undefeated and win Number 8.

Who cares who wins th Backin Bowl this year. I just hope it's not Les Smiley, he does NOT deserve it. Stroke.

AJ

colinreturn
12/2/2007, 02:07 AM
umm dont usc and osu play early next year?

hypers will put them 1 and 2. just for tv ratings

TUSooner
12/2/2007, 02:09 AM
I'm IN. This season defies any logical resolution. It all boils down to nothing but arguments, and none of them matter.
I hereby withdraw all of my previous arguments on the subject.
Boomer Sooner.
The end.

The Maestro
12/2/2007, 02:09 AM
Well, I appreciate the fact OU is coming to Phoenix...since I live here and all!

So screw that dirty *** over-spiced food town called NoLa!

FirstandGoal
12/2/2007, 02:13 AM
In

Seriously, whoever wins it this year will be looked upon as a joke by all of the other teams who didn't make it in.

Screw it, just hand the title over to Bama and we can start all over again next fall.

Ike
12/2/2007, 02:14 AM
Nobody *clearly* deserves to be in the title game. As such, I probably won't be making it a point to watch it. Unless the Sooners are in it. Whoever wins though should get an asterisk next to their title, where the asterisk denotes "hey, we had to give this trophy to someone"

Fraggle145
12/2/2007, 02:28 AM
All I know is since everyone sucks the LSU knob they are in, which I think sucks... That said I hate the fact that we get to play Arizona St. I mean Whoop dee ****in doo. I am proud of our big XII championship football team and would put us up against anyone in the country. I would rather play somebody else. UGA, USC, LSU someone that I think would test us and is on par with our tradition and our talent instead of another david and goliath game.

mdklatt
12/2/2007, 02:37 AM
Cancel the MNC game and give everybody a participation ribbon this year. As long as USC or Georgia don't get in over an 11-win team, I don't care. And Hawaii--screw them, too.

Easting
12/2/2007, 02:54 AM
We should just hand out shirts with this on it.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa168/twocorpses/failboat2.jpg

CORNholio
12/2/2007, 03:12 AM
lol

CORNholio
12/2/2007, 03:13 AM
So screw that dirty *** over-spiced food town called NoLa!

Say what you want about NoLa, but curse not the gumbo sir.

BoulderSooner79
12/2/2007, 04:39 AM
Say what you want about NoLa, but curse not the gumbo sir.

Truth! :hot:

adoniijahsooner
12/2/2007, 04:40 AM
I honestly dont see how anyone who wins that game can claim themselves champs considering all that has happened this year. If OSU was in a better conference they may have 3 or more losses. Order will be restored next year.

GORILLA BALL
12/2/2007, 07:15 AM
with the number of starters ya'll have returning, you will have my pre-season vote for number 1. florida will be number 2.

Octavian
12/2/2007, 07:19 AM
Nobody *clearly* deserves to be in the title game. As such.... Whoever wins...should get an asterisk next to their title, where the asterisk denotes "hey, we had to give this trophy to someone"

agreed.

soonersn2007
12/2/2007, 08:10 AM
I strongly agree with everyone on this, the BCS system can't accomodate a season as crazy as this. Whoever is left out will have valid reasons for complaining. Listening to Mark Richt politicing for Georgia is almost laughable tho.

jrsooner
12/2/2007, 09:40 AM
I strongly agree with everyone on this, the BCS system can't accomodate a season as crazy as this.I gotta agree with this! I don't think any system (including all the failed playoff proposals) would be able to. This has to be one of the craziest college football years that I've seen.

That being said, I'd hate to get in the big game and have the "colorado" sooners show up. :) My wife and I sat down each game this year wondering which team was going to be out on the field this week. I'm delighted it was team playing their "A" game last night.

SoonerBOI
12/2/2007, 09:56 AM
IN! I'm happy with our performance last night. We are probably the BEST team right now.

The Maestro
12/2/2007, 10:02 AM
****** just said he wants LSU-Oklahoma, but they make a good point...if Ohio State moves up for not playing, why not Georgia as well?

Heck, if it keeps LSU out of the title game...do it!

Mike Freaking ****** pimping OU hard core on "The Sports Reporters"...says Oklahoma could jump everyone!

I just saw a flying monkey!!!

Socrefbek
12/2/2007, 10:05 AM
If OU does not get in, I would prefer Georgia or Kansas to get in against tOSU rather than LSU or USuC. Pizz on those two jerky boy teams and the coaches they road in on. :mad:

Rocker
12/2/2007, 10:13 AM
Who cares who plays in it.
Its a stupid system

TUSooner
12/2/2007, 10:22 AM
To the extent I Do care - Anyone but LSU, please.

rubyspirit
12/2/2007, 10:48 AM
^^ Agreed.

MextheBulldog
12/2/2007, 11:04 AM
No doubt. We have just as good of a case as anyone else of the two loss teams out there.

1890MilesToNorman
12/2/2007, 11:21 AM
Have you ever tried to explain the BCS to non-college football fans? Well I attempted to explain it twice this morning during two different conversations. Both conversations ended the same way from the other person "Well that's just crazy"! I agreed and moved on to enjoying my Sunday and OU's Saturday night Championship.

I don't think I will attempt to explain insane ideas again in the future.

Biased
Crazy
Solution

in the eyes of normal people who have no vested interest in College Football.