PDA

View Full Version : Why not us, why not now?

The Maestro
12/1/2007, 11:46 PM
LSU?

USC?

Va Tech?

It SHOULD be us!

Make it count voters!

Vaevictis
12/1/2007, 11:50 PM
I don't know about that. The only team right now that can claim "should" is Hawaii.

That said, if they're considering any two loss teams, they should be considering us.

LSUdeek
12/1/2007, 11:52 PM
LSU has a head to head victory over VaTech.

Leave tOSU out of it, they got rolled last year. LSU vs OU for all the marbles in the dirty. :D

Charla
12/1/2007, 11:53 PM
I hear ya. LSU my *** they barely beat #22 Tenn. to win the weak SEC. Lucky that tyhey didn't have to play Goyga or FLA. OU beat # 1 that means we are #1. LoSUr suck and I'm thrilled Miles is stayin' so they can suck together.

StoopTroup
12/1/2007, 11:54 PM
Easy there Deek...We're Tiger Killaz...

Charla
12/1/2007, 11:56 PM
As bad as I hate to have to agree that at this point the only team that really has a legit why not us is Hawaii if they beat Wash.

Landthief 1972
12/1/2007, 11:59 PM
We lost to two unranked teams. We've got no one to blame but ourselves. I'd be more ****ed about a potential game vs. Kansas. Whoopee.

LSUdeek
12/1/2007, 11:59 PM
Easy there Deek...We're Tiger Killaz...

Stoops vs Miles....

2003 rematch....

So many good storylines, I think it has to happen.

KaiserSooner
12/2/2007, 12:00 AM
Having just defeated the #1 team, OU should be considered.

Charla
12/2/2007, 12:01 AM
Sounds good Deek. Bring em' on.

Charla
12/2/2007, 12:09 AM
We lost to two unranked teams. We've got no one to blame but ourselves. I'd be more ****ed about a potential game vs. Kansas. Whoopee.
Watch out Land thief you are getting real and somebody will call you a noob. Really I would rather be a noob in the know, rather than an old boob fulla blow.

TUSooner
12/2/2007, 12:10 AM
Everybody -especially deek ;) - knows how much I hate LSU. But their ugly wins and 3OT losses like much better than OUr losses to Colorado & TT. We have no complaint about not going ahead of LSU.

Now I'm going to wash the hands that typed that, with gasoline.

And UGA (and Mark Richt who is talking on YV now) - FORGETABOUTIT!! You might be playing great NOW, but you can't erase your flae-outs any more than we can erase ours.

MojoRisen
12/2/2007, 12:11 AM
If we have to play Kansas - not a knock on Kansas - Why will we ever commit to the damn fiesta bowl- they treat it like the bitch of the BCS - I hope they have enough courtesy to let BCS teams play out of conference - that would be like letting Wisconsin play Ohio St in the Fiesta Bowl -

BS

tulsaoilerfan
12/2/2007, 12:13 AM
How long till the media is tripping all over themselves about how over-rated Missouri was?

MUfan
12/2/2007, 12:14 AM
You guys have my vote for the MNC game.

TMcGee86
12/2/2007, 12:19 AM
If the Rose Bowl committee had any brains they would figure out a way to pit OU vs. USC and then promote it as the Co-MNC game.

LSUdeek
12/2/2007, 12:24 AM
Everybody -especially deek ;) - knows how much I hate LSU. But their ugly wins and 3OT losses like much better than OUr losses to Colorado & TT. We have no complaint about not going ahead of LSU.

Now I'm going to wash the hands that typed that, with gasoline.

And UGA (and Mark Richt who is talking on YV now) - FORGETABOUTIT!! You might be playing great NOW, but you can't erase your flae-outs any more than we can erase ours.

TU, I'm surprised at you! :O

Jerk
12/2/2007, 12:29 AM
Why don't we just take the conference champs of OU, tOSU, LSU, & USC, have em play each other in the BCS, take the two winners and give them a split national title.

PLaw
12/2/2007, 12:33 AM
I don't know about that. The only team right now that can claim "should" is Hawaii.

That said, if they're considering any two loss teams, they should be considering us.

UH is getting beat 21-0 in the 1st qtr and they too are wayyyyy over rated.

BOOMER

birddog
12/2/2007, 12:34 AM
so georgia is in the drivers seat to play for the title now. 2 early losses and didn't win their conference.

you playoff opponents need to explain this stuff to me.

CORNholio
12/2/2007, 12:35 AM
I don't think OU deserves to be in the title game but I hate to see tOSU or LSU cruise to an easy MNC when I know damn good and well OU could take either one of them to the woodshed. (Maybe not LSU to the woodshed but you get my point.)

PLaw
12/2/2007, 12:37 AM
Losing to two un-ranked teams that were pretty average would be an embarassment to go the the BCS CG.

As much as it pains me, I would think Va Tech and LSU.

But then again, I think we can play with anybody - SUC, osu, Lsu, or any body else. So why the hell not us??

Vaevictis
12/2/2007, 12:57 AM
Meh, LSU doesn't have anything over us when it comes to the losses.

We lost to an 8-4 team and a 6-6 team. LSU lost to an 8-4 team and a 7-5 team. There's really no separation there.

And the whole, "It took them 6 overtimes to lose two games" thing really doesn't float my boat either. To me, that could just as easily say, "They had 6 overtime chances to put away an inferior opponent and failed." I don't really see it as a negative, but I sure don't see it as a positive.

cheezyq
12/2/2007, 01:02 AM
If the Rose Bowl committee had any brains they would figure out a way to pit OU vs. USC and then promote it as the Co-MNC game.

LOL. Winner gets the AP crown! :D

cheezyq
12/2/2007, 01:05 AM
Meh, LSU doesn't have anything over us when it comes to the losses.

We lost to an 8-4 team and a 6-6 team. LSU lost to an 8-4 team and a 7-5 team. There's really no separation there.

And the whole, "It took them 6 overtimes to lose two games" thing really doesn't float my boat either. To me, that could just as easily say, "They had 6 overtime chances to put away an inferior opponent and failed." I don't really see it as a negative, but I sure don't see it as a positive.

Bingo. Adding to that is that they could just as well have lost 3 more games. They are 3 plays from a 5 loss season. Aside from the Texas and Iowa State games (which were far from being "in doubt"), we've dominated teams. Their offense isn't nearly as potent as ours, and our defense is just as good, especially considering all the top offenses we've faced.

LSUdeek
12/2/2007, 01:21 AM
Their offense isn't nearly as potent as ours, and our defense is just as good, especially considering all the top offenses we've faced.
I'm sorry, but we averaged 40.2 ppg and 446 yards per tilt, while giving up 276. You averaged 43 and 476. This is nothing more than a homer sentence.

BornandBred
12/2/2007, 01:24 AM
I'm sorry, but we averaged 40.2 ppg and 446 yards per tilt, while giving up 276. You averaged 43 and 476. This is nothing more than a homer sentence.
Meh...
Your QB aint 100%, and your defense has been exposed. I think that was his point.

TUSooner
12/2/2007, 01:26 AM
Those stats are :twinkies: too.

LSUdeek
12/2/2007, 01:27 AM
Meh...
Your QB aint 100%, and your defense has been exposed. I think that was his point.

He led off with offense being not nearly as great as y'alls, which is of course hogwash. Besides, it doesn't much matter because Perriloux went out and won the SECCG today. We saw what Halzle was able to do when he came into the game.

LSUdeek
12/2/2007, 01:28 AM
I'd campaign long and loud to keep tOSU out and OU in, if that helps anyone here. :)

BornandBred
12/2/2007, 01:29 AM
Care to move that game to Norman?

SoonerBOI
12/2/2007, 01:32 AM
Mark May just said: Oklahoma should be in the MNC.

LSUdeek
12/2/2007, 01:38 AM
Care to move that game to Norman?

I'd be fine with playing it in Oklahoma City. Despite what everyone says, the Superdome is not on LSU's campus.

BornandBred
12/2/2007, 01:42 AM
HAHAHAHAHA, you tell good jokes. It would still be a home game for OU at OKC, just like it would be for LSU in the MNC this year. I think OU vs LSU is a good matchup in a neutral location, don't get me wrong. But playing LSU surrounded by coonasses is not something anyone really wants to do. It's an advantage to LSU, by any measure.

Vaevictis
12/2/2007, 01:44 AM
I'd be fine with playing it in Oklahoma City. Despite what everyone says, the Superdome is not on LSU's campus.

It's still fundamentally a home game, given the way the seats end up being allocated.

I'd be happy to have OU play anyone, anywhere -- on the basis that you only ever win if you play -- but I'd always prefer a home field (or home-like) advantage for OU, and similarly for the other team not to have one.

CORNholio
12/2/2007, 01:48 AM
I think all the voters should vote as follows and let the computers decide.

1. tOSU
2. OU, LSU, Va Tech, USC

BornandBred
12/2/2007, 01:51 AM
Then we're screwed.

The Maestro
12/2/2007, 01:53 AM
FU LSU fan...even Katrina didn't give that crap stain city a good bath.

You guys sucked in five or six games this year. The SEC is the Pac 10 with less craptastic uniforms.

mdklatt
12/2/2007, 01:54 AM
so georgia is in the drivers seat to play for the title now. 2 early losses and didn't win their conference.

Humans won't let this happen.

mdklatt
12/2/2007, 01:56 AM
Despite what everyone says, the Superdome is not on LSU's campus.

Yeah, because that makes a difference. :rolleyes:

mdklatt
12/2/2007, 01:57 AM
I think all the voters should vote as follows and let the computers decide.

1. tOSU
2. OU, LSU, Va Tech, USC

Strike USC and let it happen.

TUSooner
12/2/2007, 02:01 AM
Despite what everyone says, the Superdome is not on LSU's campus.
:rolleyes:
Please. The Superdome is an undeniable home-field advantage for LSU.

jwlynn64
12/2/2007, 02:02 AM
If the game were played in OKC, I can guarantee one thing that wouldn't happen is OU fans ****ing on LSU fans! :eek:

I didn't go to the last one but that is what I heard happened. Stay Classy New Orleans!

jwlynn64
12/2/2007, 02:03 AM
Is p_issing a bad word?

Vaevictis
12/2/2007, 03:19 AM
UH is getting beat 21-0 in the 1st qtr and they too are wayyyyy over rated.

... 12-0. Still undefeated.