PDA

View Full Version : Why is Mushburger and Kirkstreet the #1 Crew

AverageJoe
12/1/2007, 03:42 PM
I would much rather have Greise and the fat guy on camera dolly.

Mushburger and Kirkstreet seem to be in a competition to be the biggest jerk and to say the dumbest random comments.

At least Lynn Swan is not bothering Coaches on the sidelines anymore. Where is he, have we seen him all year? Fired?

J

bluedogok
12/1/2007, 03:49 PM
Swann ran for governor of Pennsylvania.....and lost.

Paperclip
12/1/2007, 03:53 PM
Maguire makes me want to poke ice picks in my ears.

bri
12/1/2007, 03:55 PM
Why is Mushburger and Kirkstreet the #1 Crew

I don't know why they are the #1 crew, but it's probably just to p*ss you off.

AverageJoe
12/1/2007, 03:58 PM
I don't know why they are the #1 crew, but it's probably just to p*ss you off.

Grammar Cop

Fraggle145
12/1/2007, 03:58 PM
I hate that fat **** on the camera dolly... he is drunk as hell the whole game through. Listening to him during the tech game made me want to bash my skull in slowly with a small rock. Muff burger and his love affair with SuC is terrible too.

Harry Beanbag
12/1/2007, 04:08 PM
I know I'm in the minority, but I actually like Musberger. Kirk doesn't really add much insight to the game though like Danielson and Griese do.

AverageJoe
12/1/2007, 04:11 PM
I know I'm in the minority, but I actually like Musberger. Kirk doesn't really add much insight to the game though like Danielson and Griese do.

Ok make the team Musberger, Danileson and Greise with the hot blonde on the sidelines.

AJ

MextheBulldog
12/1/2007, 04:37 PM
Maguire makes me want to poke ice picks in my ears.

LOL!!! agreed...

The Maestro
12/1/2007, 05:01 PM
I'm with Harry...why in the hell does someone hate Musburger? He has always given OU their props and he does a great job at adding drama to games with his voice inflection. Herbie knows ten times as much about the current state of college football as Griese and Maguire combined...and then some.

They are the #1 crew cause they are unquestionably the best crew...no matter what you think.

Flagstaffsooner
12/1/2007, 05:07 PM
For some reason I dont mind Maguire. Maybe my fond memories of the USFL days. Does anyone remember Norm Hitzges doing the OU/texass in the '80's? That man made my skin crawl. And Keith Jackson makes BB look non senile.

AlabamaSooner
12/1/2007, 05:10 PM
I'm convinced that it doesn't matter WHO was calling our game or any game for that matter, everyone on this board would hate them. People love to nitpick. Talk about a hard crowd to please. :rolleyes:

illinisooner
12/1/2007, 05:10 PM
You are looking live...!

The Maestro
12/1/2007, 05:12 PM
I'm convinced that it doesn't matter WHO was calling our game or any game for that matter, everyone on this board would hate them. People love to nitpick. Talk about a hard crowd to please. :rolleyes:

Not everyone, but some people do amaze me. ESPN sucks, all these announcers suck, The Sports Animal sucks...

snp
12/1/2007, 05:12 PM
I think this crew is the best in the business.

AlabamaSooner
12/1/2007, 05:13 PM
For some reason I dont mind Maguire. Maybe my fond memories of the USFL days. Does anyone remember Norm Hitzges doing the OU/texass in the '80's? That man made my skin crawl. And Keith Jackson makes BB look non senile.

I actually like Maguire and think he's funny at times. Though, I'm not one of those that thinks everything announcers say is "lame".

soonerinabilene
12/1/2007, 05:36 PM
I like musberger's voice. Sometimes the stuff he says isnt the greatest, but I think he is top guy out there right now.

GrapevineSooner
12/1/2007, 05:37 PM
So you can play the unofficial Brent Musberger Drinking Game.

Pahndner.

GrapevineSooner
12/1/2007, 05:38 PM
Does anyone remember Norm Hitzges doing the OU/texass in the '80's? That man made my skin crawl.

WHAT?
WHAT?
WHAT?
WHAT?
NO!!!!
STOP!!!
WHAT?

;)

Judge Smails
12/1/2007, 06:57 PM
I hate the fat guy on the camera dolly. I keep waiting for the dolly to run over an electrical cable and turn him into the worlds biggest filament. :mad:

I would much rather have Greise and the fat guy on camera dolly.

Mushburger and Kirkstreet seem to be in a competition to be the biggest jerk and to say the dumbest random comments.

At least Lynn Swan is not bothering Coaches on the sidelines anymore. Where is he, have we seen him all year? Fired?

J

Fraggle145
12/1/2007, 07:10 PM
I actually kind of like the CBS crew.

aurorasooner
12/1/2007, 07:20 PM
I like musberger's voice. Sometimes the stuff he says isnt the greatest, but I think he is top guy out there right now.
Griese & Nessler are the top 2 guys in the booth. P. Mcguire rubs some people the wrong way, but I don't mind him. It's going to be interesting to see how many times Mushberger blows C.Daniel before the game even starts. Griese blows QBs as well, but he knows what he's talking about because he's been there and done it, and then he gives it a rest after getting his 2 cents in. Herby does a pretty fair job imo, and it's funny as hell when both Mushberger & Herby are on camera together and the Mush is flowing. You can just see Herby biting his tongue thinking "when will this be over".

DCSoonerfan
12/2/2007, 12:40 AM
I actually enjoyed this crew. Musberger is TEN TIMES the play-by-play announcer the NFL Network gave us for the Cowboys/Packers game (Gumbel).

I can still hear it in my head from Musberger during Torrance's play against A&M in 2000... "Marshall.... INTERCEPTION! ... Touchdown! Touchdown! OOOOO-KLAHOMA!!"

I agree with the poster that his inflection gives the game drama. Compare him to Gumbel, for example, and there's no comparison.

Dio
12/2/2007, 01:11 AM
Hell, Brent Musberger probably plays the Brent Musberger Drinking Game himself while he's on the air.

GrapevineSooner
12/2/2007, 04:14 PM
What DC said.

Listening to Gumball reminds me of that famous Billy Tubbs quote about a direct correlation between Big East basketball and curing insomnia.

Jason White's Third Knee
12/2/2007, 04:49 PM
The fat guy on the dolly is Paul McGuire and he is an abomination.
He's like a cross between Hitler and Mark May.

Ick.