PDA

View Full Version : Should Herstreit be reprimanded?

PLaw
12/1/2007, 02:12 PM
For trying to scoop the story that Lester is headed North. It really put Lester in a bad situation and according to the latest (uh hmm??) was inaccurate.

Uh, that's should be Herbstreit. unfortunate sp error.

Little Al
12/1/2007, 02:22 PM
Confirmed by latest reports from Associated Press. He's NOT going.

SoonerTG83
12/1/2007, 02:44 PM
It really put Lester in a bad situation and according to the latest (uh hmm??) was inaccurate.

But isn't it great to see Lester squirm?!?!

Personally, I think the media is more eager to be the story than report the story.

I do think Herbstreit should be reprimanded....or fined....or banned from reporting...

mdklatt
12/1/2007, 02:52 PM
What bothers me is that the media never admits they are wrong, with the exception of tiny correction notices buried in newspapers a week after the fact. They'll report the corrected version of a story without ever acknowledging that they were recently reporting something completely different. I think the only reason newspapers bother printing corrections is because they are in print and can't be denied.

okienole3
12/1/2007, 02:53 PM
I will believe he isn't going when Michigan hires someone else.

Ardmore_Sooner
12/1/2007, 02:54 PM
I agree with you nole. If I recall he told EVERYONE that he was staying at okie state before and during the Alamo Bowl, but bolted when as soon as he got the chance.

SoonerTG83
12/1/2007, 03:13 PM
They'll report the corrected version of a story without ever acknowledging that they were recently reporting something completely different.

They are counting of people having the memory of a gnat....the media seems to have that 'we're the great and mighty Oz' mentality and are counting on people not looking behind the curtain..so to speak.

The Maestro
12/1/2007, 03:16 PM
Let it play out...if Les ends up at Michigan after this game then ol Herbie was right...if he doesn't than Herbie should call out his "source" on national T.V.

ouradu
12/1/2007, 03:22 PM
I'm not buying this deal. After herby reported he was going to michigan, you had to just wait for Miles to make this type of comment. All he said was he's the head coach at LSU, and we heard him say that several times last saturday during the game to the officials, nothing new. That didn't mean he wasn't going to Michigan and this seems exactly like the MO he used when he left OSU. I wouldn't dog Herbstreit until it's done, because he may be proved right very soon.

AverageJoe
12/1/2007, 03:23 PM
Miles is STILL a stroke and his press conference is STILL a lesson of what NOT to do and npw again all the media is making fun of him. If he had the Michigan job he lst it today by acting like himself on TV. Who wants that kind of guy representing your school on TV. Worse than Bob Knight.

AJ

bluedogok
12/1/2007, 03:28 PM
I agree with Nole, when Michigan has a press conference introducing the new coach, then I will believe what is said. I have lost count of how many coaches have said that I am not going anywhere and then end up moving somewhere else a month later. It is about as credible as the "vote of confidence" from school administrators or team owners.

AverageJoe
12/1/2007, 03:33 PM
That is why I like Stoops. He never denies talking to people. When asked he say's well sure I talked to them, would that not be kinda rude to just hang up on people when they call. Then he gives that grin. He just says I like it here, I beleive I have one of the best if not the best job in College Football, but when people want talk to you, you speak to them and treat them with respect and respectfully turn them down with a polite thanks for your intrest.

It gives the Media NOTHING to bite on. He's the best at giving them NOTHING.

I love it.

AJ

OU-HSV
12/1/2007, 03:33 PM
Let it play out...if Les ends up at Michigan after this game then ol Herbie was right...if he doesn't than Herbie should call out his "source" on national T.V.
Exactly.
That presser that lester just put on was stupid. He looked and sounded like an *** as usual. He cussed when he didn't need to cuss and it sounded awkward when he said it. To me there was just something that made me doubt everything he said...oh maybe it's the fact that he's done this whole deal before. :rolleyes:
So I still think he's out of there. So don't count out what Herbie said yet.

AverageJoe
12/1/2007, 03:38 PM
It's because he sounds like a SE 29th Street Used Car Dealer

AJ

badger
12/1/2007, 03:46 PM
Don't critique Herbie until he's proven wrong. Les might be at LSU now honoring his current contract... but that does NOT mean that he won't be at Meatchicken next season, honoring a different contract after buying out the LSU one.

Basically right now, everyone is trying to save face - media included. However, innocent till proven guilty, correct until proven wrong.

Lester has lied before, because there are many "suckers in this country" that he'll take on :rolleyes:

Perhaps Lester changed his mind and at one point was ready to declare "Hail to Victor, rich rich, me!" but then LSU counter offered, making him Tiger Rag right back to Bourbon Street.

In any event, don't be so quick to jump on the "Hate the Media" bandwagon. We OU fans should know better than to take Miles' side so quickly. Geez... think who we're talking about here! You know, Lester the Molester? Let 'er Rip Lester? Les Smiles? Big hat, big mouth, big ego? Lying Lester?

(please feel free to add your own Leslie Miles nickname)

soonersn2007
12/1/2007, 03:50 PM
Less Miles was a assclown before he coached Okie state, he has become a bigger one with each year of his life. I hate the guy and I bet there are some LSU fans out there who secretly wish he does leave, his presser was an embarrassment.

swardboy
12/1/2007, 03:56 PM
Every time Lester opens his mouth I am so thankful that Bob Stoops is our man.

Fraggle145
12/1/2007, 04:01 PM
In a later interview with CBS he said that he would be coach at LSU "next year."

I'll believe it when I see it.

badger
12/1/2007, 04:05 PM
In a later interview with CBS he said that he would be coach at LSU "next year."

I'll believe it when I see it.
Ok, good to see some of you realize who we are referring to, and if you don't, here is some visual reminders:

At the conference today:
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/470/lester2vp8.png
He looks like he has a used car to sell you.

Back before the OU/OSU game (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9mKMJVxrk0)

After the OU/OSU game...
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE_XhSybFNs&feature=related)

And there you have it. A Tennessee Volunteer coach, an Alabama Crimson Tide coach and an LSU/UM coach walk into a bar... regardless of how it ends, Les Miles is a d0ucheb@g.

Flagstaffsooner
12/1/2007, 04:09 PM
I don't believe a word Lezzie says. He's a nut case.

bluedogok
12/1/2007, 04:18 PM
Ok, good to see some of you realize who we are referring to, and if you don't, here is some visual reminders:

At the conference today:
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/470/lester2vp8.png
He looks like he has a used car to sell you.
....AT TIGER BAIT.....no, wait a minute...WOLVERINE USED CARS!!!!

AverageJoe
12/1/2007, 04:21 PM
I've gotta great 1981 Chevy Chevette for ya....it can out drive ANY SUCKER on the road. If you don't want this car I have NO INTEREST in talking to you anymore. I"M BUSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a nice day..........

Judge Smails
12/1/2007, 07:47 PM
:les: THAT WAS INACCURATE!!

NO, MINE WAS INACCRIT! [hairGel]

:les: NO, MINE WAS INACCURATE!!

NO, MINE WAS INACCRIT! [hairGel]

:les: I LOVE YOU!! [hairGel]

For trying to scoop the story that Lester is headed North. It really put Lester in a bad situation and according to the latest (uh hmm??) was inaccurate.

Uh, that's should be Herbstreit. unfortunate sp error.