PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio Update

OK2LA
12/1/2007, 12:28 PM
Johnny come lately?

I'm at LAX on Thursday, and I see a guy wearing a Missouri jacket as he comes a little closer, I notice that it is brand new. I didn't really give it much thought until later on in my trip.

When I arrived in S.A. I didn't see many Mizzou fans until Friday - it was mostly OU fans.

On Friday, I noticed that much of the gear that the Le Tigre fans were sporting was out of the box new. Creases still on shirts/jackets. (Now in fairness, I did see a couple of Ozark Hillbillies that were sporting OLD Mizzou shirts that had holes in them, so I don't want to make a blanket statement about these guys)

Friday Night - This ain't our first rodeo

Many, many OU fans out on the Riverwalk last night. We went to the Touchdown Club's party. It was a little pricey, but we got there early, and were like the fat guy that gets kicked out of the all you can eat Chinese buffet. We made it our sole purpose to get our money's worth. It was very good food - fajitas, enchiladas, nachos, desserts. Very good. The beers were cold, and the margaritas were small, and weak. Wine was available, but ok2la didn't participate in the vino.

I'd say that Mizzou fans were probably out numbered last night 6-1. There were some serious Sooner drinkers out there last night. We met some really cool folks. We chose to walk the walk and stop at half a dozen bars, and partake in beers in all of them. I still have to go back to "dick's last resort" to get my card. (Memory fades as beer intake increases)

Many a "Boomer" . . . . "Sooner" chants were heard and answered all night with the occassional "Texas" . . . . "Sux". (unfortunately)
It was kinda funny - I guess the Mizzou chant is "M" "I" "Z" and I think that people either are supposed to answer "Z" "O" "U" or maybe I just couldn't hear an answer - either way, the OU folks were answering the "M" "I" "Z" with: "K" "E" "Y" with reference to the Walt Disney rodent.

We're heading down to the Riverwalk again to see how big that tab got at dick's and watch the games.

BOOMER!

meoveryouxinfinity
12/1/2007, 12:31 PM
Donald Duck!

sooner2b09
12/1/2007, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the update. On gameday the Mizzou fans outnumbered us 5-1 maybe even 10-2 :P

MextheBulldog
12/1/2007, 01:03 PM
Yeah, I thought Mizery also 'won' the GameDay crowd. Maybe the Sooners were out partying too late last night.

BoulderSooner79
12/1/2007, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the update. On gameday the Mizzou fans outnumbered us 5-1 maybe even 10-2 :P

I heard Dean on the radio claim it was more like 80/50 Mizzou.

Chrisrokc
12/1/2007, 02:33 PM
I hope they are ready to hit the beverage tonight! I want to see some loud sooners!