PDA

View Full Version : Landry Jones vs. Blaine Gabbert

drbrizzle
12/1/2007, 10:29 AM
I was just over at rivals.com and was checking out vids of Landry Jones. They have him ranked as #8 QB and Blaine Gabbert is a kid who is committed to Missouri and is the #3 QB. As a Sooner fan I hate to say it but the Gabbert kid seems more polished and has a much better release than Landry. Obviously they are just high school kids and alot has to do with the coaching they receive at the next level. I'm sure we will be hearing alot about these kids in the next few years. Check out thier Elite 11 vids and compare for yourself.

Blaine Gabbert
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=55586

Landry Jones
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=54259

usmc-sooner
12/1/2007, 10:32 AM
something tells me we'll do better with who we get than what Mizzou will do over the next 4 or 5 years.

drbrizzle
12/1/2007, 10:36 AM
I agree. But take the time to look at the vids. Both very talented kids.

meoveryouxinfinity
12/1/2007, 10:40 AM
I was just over at rivals.com and was checking out vids of Landry Jones. They have him ranked as #8 QB and Blaine Gabbert is a kid who is committed to Missouri and is the #3 QB. As a Sooner fan I hate to say it but the Gabbert kid seems more polished and has a much better release than Landry. Obviously they are just high school kids and alot has to do with the coaching they receive at the next level. I'm sure we will be hearing alot about these kids in the next few years. Check out thier Elite 11 vids and compare for yourself.

Blaine Gabbert
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=55586

Landry Jones
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=54259
I'd definitely agree with you.

BuckyB
12/1/2007, 10:42 AM
You're right, Gabbert looks good. Quicker release. That isn't everything though in the college game.

PLaw
12/1/2007, 10:48 AM
I agree. But take the time to look at the vids. Both very talented kids.

There are a ton of very talented QB's around the land. I really don't know how anybody, experts included, can rank HS players of the millions that play the game. Their ranking system are only a means to sell media.

BOOMER

PLaw

OU-HSV
12/1/2007, 10:58 AM
I watched Landry's reel a few months ago, but watched them again last night. Along w/his Elite 11 reel.
Just watched that Gabbert kids reel. Both of those guys can throw the ball, to me they both have a powerful arm and nice release. And they're about the same size. Both really promising.

Harry Beanbag
12/1/2007, 11:03 AM
Nebraska's cluster**** is Missouri's gain.

Big Red Ron
12/1/2007, 11:21 AM
Jones is a way better runner and is considered a run/pass guy dispite his size.

Ruuuuuufus
12/1/2007, 11:24 AM
wasn't Gabbert benched by his HS team this year?

drbrizzle
12/1/2007, 11:35 AM
You're right rufus. He was benched for his younger brother who is a freshman!!!! His numbers are terrible. I think he has the same number of touchdowns and interceptions!! I guess he looks great in drills but then sucks in games. Landry is definitely a gamer. His numbers are gawdy.

Pigface1
12/1/2007, 12:54 PM
Saw Landry on tv earlier this year, definitely a gamer.

AlbqSooner
12/1/2007, 12:59 PM
At the Elite 11 camp Landry was awarded the Most Accurate Passer dealio.

MextheBulldog
12/1/2007, 02:30 PM
That kid named Landry on Friday Night Lights has some serious game, especially for a first-time player. Then again he may end up in jail.

BillyBall
12/1/2007, 02:55 PM
One thing I really like about Landry is where he is from, Artesia New Mexico. This may be a bit of a sweeping statement, but Artesia is a very blue collar town with really hard working people. From all indications, he has picked up these work standards.

PLaw
12/1/2007, 04:16 PM
One thing I really like about Landry is where he is from, Artesia New Mexico. This may be a bit of a sweeping statement, but Artesia is a very blue collar town with really hard working people. From all indications, he has picked up these work standards.

So what do you know about Artesia?

I went to school in Lovington for 7 years and they were in our district for part of that time. Historically, they were/are one of the top NM HS teams. They have gone from 4A to 3A and back to 4A. I think their current district includes Hobbs, Carlsbad, Alamo, and maybe the Roswell schools and Clovis. That's a decent district similar to the little SWC in Texas with Permian, Odessa High, Abiliene, Cooper, Midland, and Lee.

Pretty much dead on the hard working, blue collar type of town.

adoniijahsooner
12/1/2007, 04:17 PM
As long as we have Josh Heupel I am not concerned about we get to quarterback our team. That guy is a wizard at creating qbs. I still get the chills when I think what he would have done with Bomat for three more years.

PLaw
12/1/2007, 04:18 PM
As long as we have Josh Heupel I am not concerned about we get to quarterback our team. That guy is a wizard at creating qbs. I still get the chills when I think what he would have done with Bomat for three more years.

Bingo!!!

sooner518
12/1/2007, 05:33 PM
You're right rufus. He was benched for his younger brother who is a freshman!!!! His numbers are terrible. I think he has the same number of touchdowns and interceptions!! I guess he looks great in drills but then sucks in games. Landry is definitely a gamer. His numbers are gawdy.
link? was he injured or something? he looks pretty strong in that video.

drbrizzle
12/1/2007, 05:49 PM
Here you go sooner518.

"Blaine Gabbert benched in favor of younger brother in loss

Nebraska quarterback commit Blaine Gabbert was benched in Friday night's 23-6 loss after completing just five of 16 attempts for 64 yards and two interceptions, the Post-Dispatch reports.
Blaine was replaced by his younger brother Tyler who guided Parkway West to their lone scoring drive. Coach Mike Roth did say that the highly touted senior will return to the starting lineup next week."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/briefingroom?playerId=50000

He has also been injured some, a separated shoulder and some other things. But his being benched had nothing to do with him being injured, just due to bad performance.

KHS Sooner
12/1/2007, 06:16 PM
I'd rather have Landry :D