PDA

View Full Version : CNN/SI isn't giving us much of a chance.

SoonerStormchaser
11/30/2007, 10:45 PM
On both their short predictions and analysis pages, they're saying that Mizzou has too many offensive weapons in Daniel/Temple/Maclin/etc. for us to defend...and that without English, we don't have a pass rush. So that means we're going to lose.

I don't know why I even bother being a Sooner fan after reading those cold, hard facts. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I'll just throw in the towel now.:texan:

BASSooner
11/30/2007, 11:00 PM
WE IZ DOOMED!!!!:stunned:

SoFla Sooner
11/30/2007, 11:04 PM
Gawd, its awful. And SI has never been wrong about anything evar!:eek:

OUinFLA
11/30/2007, 11:05 PM
I may go to the movies tomorrow night

Jacie
11/30/2007, 11:05 PM
The Sporting News takes the contrary opinion . . .

Five things to watch, including an OU win

By Matt Hayes - SportingNews

Everything is set up for an Oklahoma victory on Saturday. How could it not be in this last lap of the craziest season in college football history?

Missouri players have talked for a week about their implosion at Oklahoma earlier this season -- about how they lost the game by committing foolish mistakes in crunch time. Meanwhile, big, bad OU is playing second fiddle to all the Missouri hype.

Can't you just see this coming?

The reality is this: If Sam Bradford hadn't sustained a concussion during the Texas Tech game, the Sooners would be the top one-loss team in country and ranked No. 1 in every poll known to man.

But it's all about the black and gold going into Saturday's Big 12 title game. It's about gritty QB Chase Daniel, a set of five elite receivers (two of whom are tight ends) and Missouri's first bout of significance in 38 years.

I'm not foolish. I realize the OU secondary has serious issues and a history of busted plays. And yeah, Mizzou could easily win a shootout. But I don't care.

There's a reason Bob Stoops is 4-1 in the conference title game. He may have problems with the Big One -- he's 1-2 in national title games -- but he knows how to get his team ready for the Big 12 championship. Because like his mentor Steve Spurrier, Stoops knows the conference crown is tangible -- not mythical.

Besides, I still don't trust the Missouri defense to stop the run. Kansas gave up on the run too early last week, making the Jayhawks one-dimensional and easy to defend. Oklahoma won't make the same mistake.

The Sooners' big offensive line, along with tailbacks Allen Patrick and Chris Brown, will gash the Tigers up the middle. That will set up a wildly underrated passing game -- Bradford is No. 1 in the nation in pass efficiency -- to make big plays down the field.

Jello Biafra
11/30/2007, 11:29 PM
The Sporting News takes the contrary opinion . . .

Five things to watch, including an OU win

By Matt Hayes - SportingNews

Everything is set up for an Oklahoma victory on Saturday. How could it not be in this last lap of the craziest season in college football history?

Missouri players have talked for a week about their implosion at Oklahoma earlier this season -- about how they lost the game by committing foolish mistakes in crunch time. Meanwhile, big, bad OU is playing second fiddle to all the Missouri hype.

Can't you just see this coming?

The reality is this: If Sam Bradford hadn't sustained a concussion during the Texas Tech game, the Sooners would be the top one-loss team in country and ranked No. 1 in every poll known to man.

But it's all about the black and gold going into Saturday's Big 12 title game. It's about gritty QB Chase Daniel, a set of five elite receivers (two of whom are tight ends) and Missouri's first bout of significance in 38 years.

I'm not foolish. I realize the OU secondary has serious issues and a history of busted plays. And yeah, Mizzou could easily win a shootout. But I don't care.

There's a reason Bob Stoops is 4-1 in the conference title game. He may have problems with the Big One -- he's 1-2 in national title games -- but he knows how to get his team ready for the Big 12 championship. Because like his mentor Steve Spurrier, Stoops knows the conference crown is tangible -- not mythical.

Besides, I still don't trust the Missouri defense to stop the run. Kansas gave up on the run too early last week, making the Jayhawks one-dimensional and easy to defend. Oklahoma won't make the same mistake.

The Sooners' big offensive line, along with tailbacks Allen Patrick and Chris Brown, will gash the Tigers up the middle. That will set up a wildly underrated passing game -- Bradford is No. 1 in the nation in pass efficiency -- to make big plays down the field.

that's what i'm screeming...... im telling you, by the end of the game, we will have mucho rushing yardage.

Whet
12/1/2007, 12:08 AM
Jeez, after that CNN/YouBoob Repub debate, you gotta figure Pinkel and Booger Dainel wrote the article.....

So, what else would you expect?

A Sooner in Texas
12/1/2007, 01:26 AM
Gawd, its awful. And SI has never been wrong about anything evar!:eek:

Plus the fact that being on the cover abso-freakin'-lutely GUARANTEES victory for missOU!!!!!

;)

OU-HSV
12/1/2007, 01:27 AM
Uh oh, everyone sell your tickets while you can. ;)

auto
12/1/2007, 01:29 AM
Although misery has some large LB's, I think OU can wind with running in the 2nd half, which will keep the misery offense off the field.

goingoneight
12/1/2007, 01:33 AM
I'm not going to be rude like most people are about this. The season has been too strange and you never know in the blink of an eye what could spin this game in MU's favor for the W.

That said, if everyone is healthy and OU doesn't turn the ball over, they have the best chance to win... just my opinion.

Injury to Sam... we're in for a long night, but not 100% out of it.

Injury to Chase... they might as well board the early flight back to Columbia.

All things considered, I'm really going to have some fun with all these trash-talking dipsharts if we win... AGAIN.

PhilTLL
12/1/2007, 02:14 AM
I'm not going to be rude like most people are about this. The season has been too strange and you never know in the blink of an eye what could spin this game in MU's favor for the W.

A Sooner win is actually what would be a better media story in the "crazy season" motif. You know, giving the nation yet another #1 in the last week before the final rankings, and all.

Crucifax Autumn
12/1/2007, 02:40 AM
All things considered, I'm really going to have some fun with all these trash-talking dipsharts if we win... AGAIN.

Problem with that is...We'll never see these trolls again until next time we play...and the still won't have learned!

soonersn2007
12/1/2007, 07:43 AM
If the two teams play their usual games, turnovers are even, no major injuries...........OU wins easily. I am not surprised that most media pundits are picking Mizzou, they are the sexy choice b/c they never been here before, i.e. the edge of greatness.

I wonder if Bradford had not got hurt and we had won at TT and were ranked #1, how many would be picking us instead.